Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Has anyone here mastered lucid dreaming?

I haven't "mastered" it or even close, but recently (the last couple months or so) I've been having them. Which is weird, because I had no intention of having lucid dreams, I've just suddenly been realizing that I'm dreaming while asleep. No idea why.

My problem is that after realizing I'm in a dream, I can't make anything happen. Everything is super hazy, I can't think of anything to do, and then when I do think of something (being a red blooded American male, it usually involves ****ing a bitch), I can't "poof" it into existence. Then I quickly wake up. Oh well.

One weird thing I've read on the Internet is that, supposedly, text is illegible or disfigured in dreams, but it's always completely normal for me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by che guevara
    I haven't "mastered" it or even close, but recently (the last couple months or so) I've been having them. Which is weird, because I had no intention of having lucid dreams, I've just suddenly been realizing that I'm dreaming while asleep. No idea why.

My problem is that after realizing I'm in a dream, I can't make anything happen. Everything is super hazy, I can't think of anything to do, and then when I do think of something (being a red blooded American male, it usually involves ****ing a bitch), I can't "poof" it into existence. Then I quickly wake up. Oh well.

One weird thing I've read on the Internet is that, supposedly, text is illegible or disfigured in dreams, but it's always completely normal for me.

That's weird. Do you remember anything that you saw written down?

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    @joe,
    "pursuant" in the legal sense or as a noun? did it get clarified by any of the later words?
    Nope, no clarification. When I woke up I had my own interpretation of what it meant, but I don't know if it's exactly what the dream was trying to tell me. My feeling was that my subconscious mind (or whatever the TV represented) wanted me to be "pursuant" towards my goals and not to be stagnant. Even if I'm not always sure what the goals are, to keep pursuing and making an effort to find a better way. Be "pursuant." I don't know if that's what it meant but that was my gut feeling about it.

One of the other questions I asked was about an old girlfriend, basically to see if my subconscious thought I was right or wrong for a decision I made in the past. Or what was the right decision. And the TV says, "Stop. What's the point?" And then it said, "that's enough, time to wake up" and I woke up out of the dream.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Nope, no clarification. When I woke up I had my own interpretation of what it meant, but I don't know if it's exactly what the dream was trying to tell me. My feeling was that my subconscious mind (or whatever the TV represented) wanted me to be "pursuant" towards my goals and not to be stagnant. Even if I'm not always sure what the goals are, to keep pursuing and making an effort to find a better way. Be "pursuant." I don't know if that's what it meant but that was my gut feeling about it.

One of the other questions I asked was about an old girlfriend, basically to see if my subconscious thought I was right or wrong for a decision I made in the past. Or what was the right decision. And the TV says, "Stop. What's the point?" And then it said, "that's enough, time to wake up" and I woke up out of the dream.
    That's some interesting stuff. I wish I did stuff like that, instead of just bangin a supermarket chick on the cash register. Feels kind of wasteful now...

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    That's some interesting stuff. I wish I did stuff like that, instead of just bangin a supermarket chick on the cash register. Feels kind of wasteful now...
    Haha The dream I wrote about in here was my only lucid dream like that, before that one I would just fly or blow up dragons with a laser beam.

Edit- I've got to admit, I tried sex but it would never work out. It would always make me lose lucidity, my dream mind couldn't create the feeling or all the details of having sex.
    Last edited by joe; 08-30-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Banned

Haha The dream I wrote about in here was my only lucid dream like that, before that one I would just fly or blow up dragons with a laser beam.

Edit- I've got to admit, I tried sex but it would never work out. It would always make me lose lucidity, my dream mind couldn't create the feeling or all the details of having sex.
    The only sense that I experienced in my lucid sex dream (other than sight) was sound. So a blurry vision of me pounding this chick while hearing the slapping of skin was the best I managed.

I also kicked a baby in a different dream.

   

hmm... and maybe it's an affirmation of the fact that such is already in your character. like a dash of vision quest-- this is who you are and you can always feel comfortable and true to yourself in that role.

wow, all of this would be a great reason to keep dreaming that one TV!

   

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    I also kicked a baby in a different dream.
    don't be pickin' on your fellow ISHiots, now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    don't be pickin' on your fellow ISHiots, now.
    Not joking.

I was aware that I was dreaming, but I wasn't making stuff materialize or anything super-cool like that. I felt slightly pressured by something (probably the thought "Oh shit you're lucid dreaming, better make the best of it!"), so I was kind of running/jumping (Not quite flying, but close) really fast down a street I am very familiar with just running amok, breaking stuff, punching people and then I picked a baby (didn't get a good look, so it might have been a loaf of bread for all I know) up out of it's stroller and punted that sumbitch like it was 4th and 20.
    Last edited by HarryCallahan; 08-30-2013 at 12:21 PM.

Time travel lucid dreaming is very tiring. I feel like I am playing basketball for 8 hours.

Is this similar to a wet dream?

Holy shit!!! I do this all time... I didn't realize that it was a term for it until just now...

   

something i just found out about: lucid dreaming sleep masks.

the idea is that when you drift off in to REM sleep, the masks will begin gently flashing LED's in your eyes. not enough to wake you up, but enough to become part of your dream, and something you can slowly train yourself to recognise. when you do, at that moment you begin lucid dreaming.

the remee is the low-budget one which only guesses at when you're in REM sleep. the novadreamer 2 is a pricier / fancier one that takes feedback from your blink pattern to sense your REM, and also allows you to send signals back in order to make adjustements.

that's the very basics, anyway. here's one site with product reviews:
    http://dreamstudies.org/2012/07/06/l...xt-generation/

5-time NBA All-Star

Dreamt of snakebites and they are associated with twisting temptation

Right on with the events of that day

Whenever I try to have lucid dream, the dream always come out to be a scary one.

In my dream, I opened my eyes and stared at my closet. All of a sudden, I saw a fken witch/scary person coming out of my closet and trying to pull out my tooth. I tried to shake off my dream by moving my body aggressively, and for a minute, I literally felt like my body was moving to a point where I felt off my bed. However, I did not because it all happened during my dream. I kept trying to fight it off( so I can wake up) but it was impossible... This whole progress takes me about 10 minutes to shake off the dream and wake up in panic. It's some crazy shit, and this is a true story.