Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shawn Kemp HOF?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Shawn Kemp HOF?

No way. I think he had like 5 good seasons before the crack got to him and he was out of shape.

He was good for those 5 years but it takes more than that to get in the HOF.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Holy sh1t this is another reason why I hate so many of you retards on this board

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GUY PLAY?! OR DO YOU JUST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS?!

Not a strong defender, limited post game, made his money solely through his athletic prowess and not as much skill

HE ONLY AVERAGED 20PPG ONCE! ONCE! ONCEEEEEE!!!!!

YOU ROMANTICIZE HIS YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHT DUNKS AND CALL HIM A HALL OF FAME PLAYER.

THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE RETARDS ON HERE BELIEVING ROBERT HORRY IS A HALL OF FAMER, 6PPG FOR HIS CAREER BUT HALL OF FAME BECAUSE HE HIT A FEW BIG SHOTS.

Wow i cant stand some of you people. The intelligence of some people here is just so low
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 10-01-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    As a Sonics fan, I would love to see Shawn Kemp in the HOF. As a basketball fan, No. Shawn should not be in the HOF. I just don't think that he had a HOF career. If we let Shawn into the HOF, who is next; Larry Nance? Brent Berry? Purvis Short? Truck Robinson? Brad Davis? No on Shawn Kemp and the HOF.

C'mon, bro. You can't compare Kemp to those dudes, even Larry Nance who was pretty good. The rest were scrubs compared to Kemp and Nance.

In his prime, Kemp was a notch below Barkley and Malone, and on par with the likes of Derrick Coleman.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I say no, but maybe I'm bias as a Blazer fan.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Holy sh1t this is another reason why I hate so many of you retards on this board

DID YOU EVEN WATCH THE GUY PLAY?! OR DO YOU JUST WATCH YOUTUBE VIDEOS?!

THE GUY NEVER AVERAGED 10 REBOUNDS A GAME!

HE ONLY AVERAGED 20PPG ONCE! ONCE! ONCEEEEEE!!!!!

YOU ROMANTICIZE HIS YOUTUBE HIGHLIGHT DUNKS AND CALL HIM A HALL OF FAME PLAYER.

THIS IS ALMOST AS BAD AS THE RETARDS ON HERE BELIEVING ROBERT HORRY IS A HALL OF FAMER, 6PPG FOR HIS CAREER BUT HALL OF FAME BECAUSE HE HIT A FEW BIG SHOTS.

Wow i cant stand some of you people. The intelligence of some people here is just so low
    He averaged some pretty nice numbers in his prime. Heck, the year he averaged 20+ was when he was in Cleveland and already on the decline.

He had a solid 5-6 year stretch where he averaged up around or over 18 ppg and 10+ rpg (not sure where you read he never averaged 10 rpg lol) along with good numbers in both blocks and steals, while shooting high %'s. During this stretch he was always considered a top 5, if not top 3 player at his position, and was one of the most dominant players in the league.

To compare a player like that to Horry in terms of HOF worthiness is downright ridiculous.
    Last edited by FatComputerNerd; 10-01-2013 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    He averaged some pretty nice numbers in his prime. Heck, the year he averaged 20+ was when he was in Cleveland and already on the decline.

He had a solid 5-6 year stretch where he averaged up around or over 18 ppg and 10+ rpg (not sure where you read he never averaged 10 rpg lol) along with good numbers in both blocks and steals, while shooting high %'s. During this stretch he was always considered a top 5, if not top 3 player at his position, and was one of the most dominant players in the league.

To compare a player like that to Horry in terms of HOF worthiness is downright ridiculous.
    He averaged 20ppg one time! When he did it in Cleveland it was because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE ON THAT TEAM!

Are you telling me he was a strong rebounder or defender? He was neither of those things

In fact Kemp is a slightly lesser Amare Stoudemire. The guy was deservedly named an allstar but he had a weak post game, average rebounding and averge defense at best.

Looking into it further yes I was wrong regarding his 10 rebounds a game feat, hes hit that number 4 or 5 seasons. From what I rember he was frequently in that 8 to 9 range.

Regardless he was a very good player, but there are hundreds of very good players, only the elite and heavily accomplished can enter the hall

Tmac has a better shot getting in than this guy

NBA rookie of the year

He should make it. People need to stop pretending that the basketball hof is as prestigious as canton or cooperstown.

NBA MVP or NBA Championship > Basketball HOF

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    He averaged 20ppg one time! When he did it in Cleveland it was because THERE WAS NO ONE ELSE ON THAT TEAM!

Are you telling me he was a strong rebounder or defender? He was neither of those things

In fact Kemp is a slightly lesser Amare Stoudemire. The guy was deservedly named an allstar but he had a weak post game, average rebounding and averge defense at best.

Looking into it further yes I was wrong regarding his 10 rebounds a game feat, hes hit that number 4 or 5 seasons. From what I rember he was frequently in that 8 to 9 range.

Regardless he was a very good player, but there are hundreds of very good players, only the elite and heavily accomplished can enter the hall
    He was actually both of those things! He was no Barkley or Rodman on the glass but was no slouch either. As for defense, he is a hugely underrated defender due to having played next to Payton. Defense was one of his strengths actually.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    He was actually both of those things! He was no Barkley or Rodman on the glass but was no slouch either. As for defense, he is a hugely underrated defender due to having played next to Payton. Defense was one of his strengths actually.
    He was a capable help defender who blocked a shot or so a game, man to man he was weak.

How about his post game? You know im 100% right when it comes to that. He didnt have a jump shot either.

He was exactly what i said he was... a lesser Amare Stoudemire