Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: The difference between LeBron and Jordan..straight to the facts and past the Nikecoms

This is the reason why alot of people wanted this guy banned.

Him and 9empire starting up trolling threads, hopefully mods finally sort this out

Banned

Default Re: The difference between LeBron and Jordan..straight to the facts and past the Nikecoms

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    mods delete thread plz
    **** your mods wanker! Handle the facts, soak your pathetic mind in them and have a jolly good day you perpetulant bloke.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    This is the reason why alot of people wanted this guy banned.

Him and 9empire starting up trolling threads, hopefully mods finally sort this out
    The only ones trolling are the guys that post random gifs. I could argue you are trolling since you posted nothing relating to the topic at hand.

All of my posts are based on substance. Just because you disagree/can't handle it doesn't mean its "trolling"

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    But that is exactly the point. This isn't 2006 Wade, 2009 Wade, or even 2011 Wade. Despite Wades poor play, the Heat have won multiple championships....Because LeBron is playing like the player he has always been able to... One of the 5 greatest players in basketball history.

The only thing super about the Heat is LeBrons play. Their bigmen are probably among the worst of any champion in NBA History. Chris Bosh is a bigger name than Horace Grant, but you'd be a fool to take him over him. Solid interior defense and great rebounding. He played inside...Bosh plays 19 feet from the hoop.

Their 2nd option in the playoffs scored 14 PPG on 49% TS...a 6'3 guard with no range and that couldn't get to the line.... and they still win with these glaring deficiencies.

When you have a player like LeBron, sometimes you can get by regardless. After carrying this team to two rings his credit should be acknowledged by all NBA fans.
    The one thing about Bosh is he's automatic from his spots (like literally 50%+ from long mid-range), so you have to respect his shots. He doesn't give you anything else really and is a huge liability vs some of the bigger centers, but it's nice to have. He's also improved as a help defender. Don't get me wrong, he was garbage in the playoffs (particularly vs Indy and SA), but I think he's a good player.

I agree during the playoffs they didn't play to their superteam potential. But don't you agree that during the streak, they would qualify as a superteam under any definition? I think they'll meet that if they can manage Wade's minutes (and he got the same OssaTron procedure done that he did before 08-09), and get anything out of Oden.

Just came in here to say that the Bulls from '85-'98 went from winning 6 titles, five 60 win seasons with Jordan, to losing 60% of their games without Jordan in the lineup and in '97 won with Jordan averaging the same amount of rebounds as Rodman while leading them in points, assists, steals and blocks in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    Just came in here to say that the Bulls from '85-'98 went from winning 6 titles, five 60 win seasons to losing 60% of their games without Jordan in the lineup and in '97 won with Jordan averaging the same rebounds as Rodman while leading them in points, assists, steals and blocks in the playoffs.
    In 1.5x the minutes as Rodman. See I really like Jordan, and he's one of two legit GOAT candidates, but some of you guys take this too far. You can't force everyone to put him multiple levels above all other players ever, and it's fine if people don't. He's the GOAT non-big, and that's enough.

I'm sure TonyMontana does have an agenda here, but he's raised a valid point. His posting history/reputation hurts his credibility in this thread in the eyes of most, but a lot of what he's said is spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
    **** your mods wanker! Handle the facts, soak your pathetic mind in them and have a jolly good day you perpetulant bloke.
    Here's a worthless poster if I've ever seen one.

I haven't seen you post in a while, must of been banned.

Looks like some posters can't handle the truth...

'93 Jordan was at 5,5 RAPM. He really did not add that much to that team.

Banned

Interesting point you make about Jordan's Bulls getting dominated by the Shaq/Grant frontcourt.

If the Heat took 7 games to beat a West/Hibbert front court, how do you think they'd go against a trio of Penny/Grant/Shaq

dickhead

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    The one thing about Bosh is he's automatic from his spots (like literally 50%+ from long mid-range), so you have to respect his shots. He doesn't give you anything else really and is a huge liability vs some of the bigger centers, but it's nice to have. He's also improved as a help defender. Don't get me wrong, he was garbage in the playoffs (particularly vs Indy and SA), but I think he's a good player.

I agree during the playoffs they didn't play to their superteam potential. But don't you agree that during the streak, they would qualify as a superteam under any definition? I think they'll meet that if they can manage Wade's minutes (and he got the same OssaTron procedure done that he did before 08-09), and get anything out of Oden.
    Yeah Bosh is probably one of the best long two point shooters in the league. That is still an overrated skill. His entire game is going to be based on whether he is making those long two pointers(a bad shot to begin with). Whne your an elite defense/rebounder you don't need to worry about your shots going in. Just being on the court and running around doing what you do is going to be an extremely instrumental tool to the teams success.

And I do think Bosh is a great defender vs the pick and roll. Hes really quick on his feet for a 6'11 guy. Thats probably my favorite thing about his game.

Wade got most of the headlines after Game 4 of the Finals, but to me Bosh was the MVP of that game. He was boxing out like a boss, blocking/altering tons of shots, and playing inside all game. He had 20 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks on 8-14 shooting. It was a great game. His problem is he hardly ever plays like that.

I'm not too concerned with the regular season. LeBron alone guarantees 50+ regular season wins, and against these bottom feeding teams the Heat can get out on the run and just rape teams. This is when a guy like Wade flourishes. When he can just get in the open court. In the halfcourt(aka the playoffs) his deteriorated skills get greatly exposed. He doesn't provide spacing, and when he doesn't get to the line either he is a liability offensively.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Here's a worthless poster if I've ever seen one.

I haven't seen you post in a while, must of been banned.
    Jeff or whoever banned me for some racial and "trolling" bullshit claim. Makes 6th time I was banned for something they view as trolling. Mods here are garbage.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Dionysus
    Jeff or whoever banned me for some racial and "trolling" bullshit claim. Makes 6th time I was banned for something they view as trolling. Mods here are garbage.
    6th time and you still coming back?

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    In 1.5x the minutes as Rodman.
    The minutes aren't the point, I'm not trying to compare their rebounding abilities. The fact is, Rodman got injured and Jordan helped the Bulls out on the boards just as much as he did which goes against his point. Dude said Jordan only had to be his teams scorer and they were pretenders without rebounding, and I showed that the Bulls still won with Jordan damn near leading his team in every category in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyMontana
    Yeah Bosh is probably one of the best long two point shooters in the league. That is still an overrated skill. His entire game is going to be based on whether he is making those long two pointers(a bad shot to begin with). Whne your an elite defense/rebounder you don't need to worry about your shots going in. Just being on the court and running around doing what you do is going to be an extremely instrumental tool to the teams success.

And I do think Bosh is a great defender vs the pick and roll. Hes really quick on his feet for a 6'11 guy. Thats probably my favorite thing about his game.

Wade got most of the headlines after Game 4 of the Finals, but to me Bosh was the MVP of that game. He was boxing out like a boss, blocking/altering tons of shots, and playing inside all game. He had 20 points, 13 rebounds, 2 blocks on 8-14 shooting. It was a great game. His problem is he hardly ever plays like that.

I'm not too concerned with the regular season. LeBron alone guarantees 50+ regular season wins, and against these bottom feeding teams the Heat can get out on the run and just rape teams. This is when a guy like Wade flourishes. When he can just get in the open court. In the halfcourt(aka the playoffs) his deteriorated skills get greatly exposed. He doesn't provide spacing, and when he doesn't get to the line either he is a liability offensively.
    1) The one problem is, you have to make difficult shots at some point. This is why a three-or-drive guy like Harden gets exposed against top playoff defenses (same with pick-and-rolls in general). It's sorta like game theory, you need to figure out what the opposition is gonna give you, they have to figure out what you think they're gonna give you, and so on. Defenses are fine conceding a low percentage shot, and that's why you need to take them and make them. Straight post-ups are incredibly inefficient in general, as are long-range two pointers. If you can beat the other team in those departments, they'll have to live with it. Look at the last two playoffs...LeBron won last year by dominating in the post, and this year by finally taking the long jumpers they gave him. The Spurs were afraid of him driving (so they had Leonard guide him into Duncan), and also blocked off the three-point shooters so he couldn't make long swing passes.

2) Because he's been hurt. Wade in his career has destroyed teams in the half court in the playoffs, and has always been a great slasher in tight space. I think if he's healthy, he gives you that boost.