Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Magic didnt seem to like Lebrons top 3 comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    When inferior white basketball players didn't take black players spot because of racism...maybe early 70's? I wasn't around back then but if you watch hoops from that era, looks really goofy.

Admit it.
    I think the race barrier stopped around the mid-50's ? Would have to look more into it, but black players were prominent throughout the 60's-present period.

Although, that didn't stop guys like Wilt, Russell, and so on to continue to get racism when they played. Their houses even got vandalised by fans of their respective teams. It was tough playing during those times because they weren't as accessible to transport, the best resources for weight training, nutrition, etc...

I've said in the past that players would have to be born in certain eras to get the same resources and advantages today's or the "modern era" (I say it starts with the inception of the 3 point line) to be able to compete. Vice-versa, the modern era athletes wouldn't have the advantages of the past athletes and have to face different public perception in those days too.

The goofy looking parts, part of that has to do with the rules. Couldn't palm the same way like they do currently. I don't know how many players were ambidextrous either. I've never really laughed at it, though, since I know it's still basketball in it's earlier stages and developing. Didn't necessarily mean it was terrible basketball, just not something were used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    Jerry West would be a top SG today
    With today's advantages, yes. Would be a great PG if he wanted to be more pass-first too.

Jerry West would be a top SG today
    So Bob Cousy and Jerry West are the same dude?

Pauk called Magic Johnson a ring chaser by being drafted by the Lakers
    Not really, just used him as an example in context when you called Lebron a ring chaser and that Magic would never do what Lebron did.... when infact Magic actually did it before even setting foot in the NBA by demanding to play with Kareem/Lakers or else he would postpone his NBA career (its a very accurate story), the reason for that is quite clear.... have nothing against that at all and have all the respect in the world for Magic, its you have something against it, i just used him and many other greats as an example in comparasant as i prefer more fair & impartial assumptions.... where as a Lebron cynic prefers the opposite which includes to deny everything that proves the cynic wrong....
    Last edited by pauk; 09-05-2013 at 04:38 PM.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    LeBron was asked who the "Best 3" Players were. I don't know if his answer changes if he's asked who the "Greatest 3" are, but I think a distinction could be made between "Best" and "Greatest". Surely LeBron knows Magic's legacy is more illustrious than Dr. J's even though Dr. J may arguably be more talented.
    Best 3 would have to include Shaq. He was so incredibly dominant.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Not really, just used him as an example in context when you called Lebron a ring chaser and that Magic would never do what Lebron did.... when infact Magic actually did it before even setting foot in the NBA by demanding to play with Kareem/Lakers or else he would postpone his NBA career (its a very accurate story),
    You said he's a ring chaser in the thread you made:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...t=234582&pp=15

Local High School Star

It's just the 3 guys he wants to be like

MJ - wants to be the GOAT like him
    Dr. J - wants his hair
    Bird - wants his skin color

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

Magic Johnson is a loveable, good human being. He is a nice person. Having said that - he has emotional issues and I suspect he has been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness.

The guy is prone to outbursts like this :

5 time champ On his knees like a dog on live TV begging a basketball player to come back to the NBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vZZshnU1Qk

Magic is a great human being, but he's crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse
    Magic Johnson is a loveable, good human being. He is a nice person. Having said that - he has emotional issues and I suspect he has been diagnosed with some sort of mental illness.

5 time champ On his knees like a dog on live TV begging a basketball player to come back to the NBA

I don't what is more disturbing, Magic begging on camera or your nut ball reaction

Cali Love

Quote Originally Posted by miles berg
    Nice jab at Kobe.
    Kobe and Magic never reached out to eachother, they dont talk much. But Magic knows Lebron since he was a kid...they have been close since

that aint a problem tho for kobe. kobe's a G like that he ain't worried bout nuthin he gon get that 6th

I don't what is more disturbing, Magic begging on camera or your nut ball reaction

College superstar

Come on, let's get serious. I respect Bill Russell and all he accomplished but you guys believe those 60's Celtics would beat any of the modern era champions? Heinsohn, Cousy wouldn't even be starters nowadays

Russell's 11 rings have about the same weight of a threepeat today, IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by fpliii

C'mon man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Yeah, there's nothing serious were going to discuss.
    This

College superstar

When inferior white basketball players didn't take black players spot because of racism...maybe early 70's? I wasn't around back then but if you watch hoops from that era, looks really goofy.

Admit it.
    The league was predominately Black by 1966. Russell's Celtics won titles in '66, '68, 'and '69. Heck...the '69 title was won without having home court in either series. So I guess according to the logic of the above post only those 3 titles count.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    It was no tweet, it was a interview on TV last month, reporter asked him who he thinks are the 3 greatest players of all time, he said Jordan, Dr. J & Bird...

EDIT: Yea, take a look at that video provided above.
    I hadn't seen this. No Kareem or Russel... wow

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by 3LiftHeatCurse

Never seen that video before, Magic is kinda out there.