Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Your favorite shows that were cancelled after 1 season?

Espn had s show loosely based on the Nfl called Playmakers. What a great show. I loved it. I think it was cancelled because the Nfl protested it's portayel of the league.

the FX show Lights Out was fairly good.

Men of a Certain Age was cancelled after 2 seasons, and I was very pissed about that. I thought that show was really good and it was one of my favorites.

Homeboys From Outer Space

The Paper Chase
    Twin Peaks
    My So-Called Life
    Freaks and Geeks
    Undeclared

Local High School Star browntown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    My lady and I were really into LD's Awake before it was cancelled.
    I'm pretty disappointed that it got canceled. I thought it was solid show. NBC always seizes to amaze me.

Banned

Damn forgot about undeclared, good call on that one

Wolverine and the X-Men. Hell I never get into to new TV shows on the big networks.

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Carnivale was canceled after two seasons. That was an awesome show and left its viewers with an enormous cliffhanger.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

The Dana Carvey Show

defying gravity

had a good story , wish to see what it could have turned into

Banned

Already mentioned:
    Freaks and Geeks
    Firefly
    Undeclared
    The Lone Gunmen
    Surface (I wouldn't have remembered it, but yeah it was pretty good).
    Terriers
    Stella
    Party Down (two seasons, but goddammit that is one of best comedies of the century!).
    Jericho (Doesn't count but I'm still pissed)

Not yet mentioned:

Profit- Jim Profit is a newly promoted employee following the heart attack death of the former VP of Acquisitions at Gracen & Gracen (G&G), a multinational corporation that is less than ethical with some of its business practices. That does not worry Profit, who is not above blackmail, bribery, extortion, or even murder to get ahead in the company. Jim Profit would routinely speak directly to the audience with such quotes as: "The line most people say they won't cross - it's usually something they've already done when they thought no one was watching."

(Adrian Pasdar was quoted as saying that Profit was [Rupert] Murdoch's favorite TV show.)

Miracles-Miracles follows Paul Callan, an investigator of modern miracles for the Catholic Church who questions his faith after repeatedly finding mundane explanations for various supposed phenomena. After he witnesses a true, supernatural miracle that saves his life, only for his findings to be dismissed on a lack of evidence, Paul leaves behind the Church and is approached by Alva Keel to join his organization Sodalitas Quaerito, investigating and cataloguing "unexplainable" phenomena. Along with former police officer Evelyn Santos, Paul and Alva attempt to battle the impending "darkness" before it's too late.

If you haven't seen either of these shows, I highly recommend them.
    Last edited by HarryCallahan; 09-10-2013 at 01:53 AM.

Action !
    shit was funny, just noticed the episodes are on youtube, but you should really download them
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWk2E0dyphk

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    The only reason I even know about that show is because Mystery Science Theater 3000 mercilessly ripped 'The Paper Chase Guy' in the movie 'Warrior of the Lost World'.

That's actually where I first heard of it.

I saw a few episodes of this on PBS years ago. Trippy British 60s TV.

'The Prisoner'
    This British-made TV series aired in the UK during the 1967 to 1968 season and in the United States in 1968 to 1969. It was deliberately short-lived because its star and creator, Patrick McGoohan, reportedly could only come up with ideas for 17 episodes. McGoohan, who had quit the hit British TV show "Danger Man" (retitled "Secret Agent" in the United States) because he'd become bored with the 1960s espionage craze, figured out an ingenious way to subvert that theme. What if a disillusioned former spy (who bore an unspoken resemblance to his character, John Drake, in the first show) tried to quit the clandestine service, but the government decided that he knew too much to be allowed to walk away?

In "The Prisoner," that agent was knocked out with sleeping gas pumped into his apartment, and woke up in a mysterious place known only as "The Village," surrounded by others who apparently also had been quarantined. The hamlet's quaint architecture, cheery cafe and schedule of recreational activities, of course, was a facade; behind it lurked high-tech surveillance equipment and a bizarre giant ball that bounded forth to retrieve anyone who dared try to escape. The implication of "The Prisoner" was that the good guys in the Cold War were perhaps not so different from the bad guys, and that democracy was a sham that concealed a totalitarian national security elite. That theme -- and "The Prisoner's" dreamlike narrative, psychedelic production style and tart humor -- have resonated ever since. In 2009, shortly after McGoohan's death, AMC aired a miniseries version of "The Prisoner" that reinterpreted his idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Okay, I take back the age comment then. I thought you watched the first run of the show somehow. I also think you're the first MST3K viewer I've found on ISH. Got any favorite episodes off the top of your head?

That Prisoner show sounds pretty cool, and I remember the Simpsons using that bouncing ball thing in the cult episode, "Na na na na na na na na Leader".

Police Squad was also cool. 6 episode precursor to Naked Gun.

Not any I can recall. Used to watch that show in college in a shall we say slightly altered mental state.