Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Talking Sons Of Anarchy Season 6 (Spoiler Alert)

Well, I don't see any threads for this season so I'll start one. Damn, that was a crazy episode. What do you think about that school shooting at the end?

Thoughts and Opinions....... Let's go

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Sons Of Anarchy Season 6 (Spoiler Alert)

Sutter is ruining the show with all the violence and smut

NBA rookie of the year

I didn't even know it premiered. I guess I'm too focused on Breaking Bad. Just set the DVR to record the reair on Thursday @ 1am. Just knowing that beyotch Tara is locked away is enough satisfaction for me to not even watch this show again.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

There's too much TV going on. I recorded it, but didn't watch last night. I just finished catching up on my Sunday night stuff last night. I did Breaking Bad and Dexter on Monday. Last night I did Ray Donovan and The Newsroom, both of which I could stand to have just end already. So now I'm a day behind on Sons. Frankly I didn't want to watch it live anyway, because it was an hour and a half, and I'm guessing about 50 minutes of that was commercial.

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    There's too much TV going on. I recorded it, but didn't watch last night. I just finished catching up on my Sunday night stuff last night. I did Breaking Bad and Dexter on Monday. Last night I did Ray Donovan and The Newsroom, both of which I could stand to have just end already. So now I'm a day behind on Sons. Frankly I didn't want to watch it live anyway, because it was an hour and a half, and I'm guessing about 50 minutes of that was commercial.
    Yeah there were a lot of commercials. I recorded it too just to skip them. Seems like I was pushing the forward button every 5 minutes to skip commercials. Speaking of Breaking Bad, I've yet to get into it. There are times I wanna get on Netflix and watch it but always do something else. On a scale of 1-10, how great is it in your opinion.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    Yeah there were a lot of commercials. I recorded it too just to skip them. Seems like I was pushing the forward button every 5 minutes to skip commercials. Speaking of Breaking Bad, I've yet to get into it. There are times I wanna get on Netflix and watch it but always do something else. On a scale of 1-10, how great is it in your opinion.

That's the way I watched it. It's pretty ****ing awesome. I don't think it's quite on the level of The Sopranos, or The Wire, or in my opinion Mad Men (which is a delicate show that doesn't appeal to everyone, but is exquisite at what it does, and they can still **** that up) or even Game of Thrones (which is one I would get the most blowback on, and there's plenty of time for it to be ****ed up too, and I did read all the books, for whatever that's worth). But my take is that it just isn't nearly on the scope or scale of those other shows. And then on top of that, the early seasons to me some of the characters feel a little flat (mostly Hank and Marie), although to be fair, they probably feel that way in part because there just aren't that many characters.

But this is really a plot driven show, that just happens to have a rediculously well written and acted character at the center of it, so it sometimes feels like a character study. The plot is incredibly taughtly written and directed. Even in some of the moments that would normally have you shaking your head because of their sillyness in other shows, this is paced so perfectly, I find that I just let everything slide for the sake of the eventual wow moment.
    I also find that I'm growing more fond of it in recollection. And considering how fast I watched the whole series on Netflix, it's almost as if it's just now settling into my brain.

Overall I'd give it a 9 something out of 10. Certainly among the 10 best shows ever. Probably among the 5 best in most books, mine included. I couldn't recommend enough sitting down and Netflixing the hell out of it.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Trying not to read anything in this thread....anyone know of a link I can watch last nights episode?

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    9. And better on Netflix because in binge watching all the little connections jump out. The first 3 or 4 episodes are IMO literally the worst (grading on a curve) of the entire series in a row. It just jumps up from there.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

That school shooting scene was ****ed up, that's gotta be someones kid

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    That school shooting scene was ****ed up, that's gotta be someones kid

yeah it is, he's the son of one of Nero's guys, and probably it was with one of the guns supplied by the SOA

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

at this point, they should really consider changing the name of the show to, "holy shit?!?!? what the fvck just happened!!??"

i totally forgot they added donald logue last season. hes gonna be a sweet antagonist this season.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Everybody is talking about the school shooting, but the real story is they added f*cking ROBOCOP!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    That's the way I watched it. It's pretty ****ing awesome. I don't think it's quite on the level of The Sopranos, or The Wire, or in my opinion Mad Men (which is a delicate show that doesn't appeal to everyone, but is exquisite at what it does, and they can still **** that up) or even Game of Thrones (which is one I would get the most blowback on, and there's plenty of time for it to be ****ed up too, and I did read all the books, for whatever that's worth). But my take is that it just isn't nearly on the scope or scale of those other shows. And then on top of that, the early seasons to me some of the characters feel a little flat (mostly Hank and Marie), although to be fair, they probably feel that way in part because there just aren't that many characters.

But this is really a plot driven show, that just happens to have a rediculously well written and acted character at the center of it, so it sometimes feels like a character study. The plot is incredibly taughtly written and directed. Even in some of the moments that would normally have you shaking your head because of their sillyness in other shows, this is paced so perfectly, I find that I just let everything slide for the sake of the eventual wow moment.
    I also find that I'm growing more fond of it in recollection. And considering how fast I watched the whole series on Netflix, it's almost as if it's just now settling into my brain.

Overall I'd give it a 9 something out of 10. Certainly among the 10 best shows ever. Probably among the 5 best in most books, mine included. I couldn't recommend enough sitting down and Netflixing the hell out of it.
    Thank you for the great insight! I'll definitely start watching the show whenever I can get some free time.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Everybody is talking about the school shooting, but the real story is they added f*cking ROBOCOP!
    And now they added T1000! I want a T1000 vs Robocop scene (or at least an interaction). I don't expect one though considering there is little reason for them to meet so far (but maybe Sutter will have them do it if he is a fanboy of those as well).

Anyway, last night's episode was the best of the season for a while. Plenty of deaths of characters we have actually gotten to know, rather than just killing random thugs. Also, Clay is slowly becoming more likeable again. He didn't rat (but I thought that may be more based on code), but now he supplied Otto a shank that led to a rewarding scene.
    Last edited by Myth; 10-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    And now they added T1000! I want a T1000 vs Robocop scene (or at least an interaction). I don't expect one though considering there is little reason for them to meet so far (but maybe Sutter will have them do it if he is a fanboy of those as well).

Anyway, last night's episode was the best of the season for a while. Plenty of deaths of characters we have actually gotten to know, rather than just killing random thugs. Also, Clay is slowly becoming more likeable again. He didn't rat (but I thought that may be more based on code), but now he supplied Otto a shank that led to a rewarding scene.
    Entertaining but way too much going on now. It seems they are facing a dozen different antagonists at the same time which isn't giving them a chance to advace important story lines and not allowing for characters that have big a big part of the entire series. Where was Bobby and the possible Nomad charter to be found in that episode. How about Tara's storyline. Where have the Mayans been all season? Was there really a need for the white supremcist angle in this, I do get the connection to what Clay did in prison but was it really necesary to throw one more thing in there right now.