Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: New iPhones 5 C/S

If I had the iPhone 4s I wouldn't upgrade to anything. What really did they improve on? A faster phone? How fast can it possibly be and the marginal difference are just not upgrade worthy.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    If I had the iPhone 4s I wouldn't upgrade to anything. What really did they improve on? A faster phone? How fast can it possibly be and the marginal difference are just not upgrade worthy.
    I suppose that 2x the speed of the iPhone 5 is only "marginally".

http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/features/

Read up on the new improvements all across the board to see if it's something that's beneficial. For some they may not be enough, but I'm sure it will for the majority.

One thing that's being lost is the app ecosystem.

Apps will be rebuilt from the ground up to be more power efficient. Others will blow our minds away and introduce something we didn't even think of.

I for one, can't wait to see what the next generation of music creating apps will be like.

There will also be redesigns and new GUIs that will continue to set trends and influence designs on other venues. I honestly think we're gonna take a next step forward in regards to what we can do with our phones. Most of it done possible with the new iOS and phone horsepower. The Infinity Blade 3 preview is just the beginning.

Marginal or not any smart phone especially an iOS device within the previous two years is fast enough to run smoothly and process at great rates. Twice as fast sounds good, but a year ago today or whenever the iPhone 5 was released that same phone was twice as fast as the last iPhone.

How fast do we actually want our phones to be? That's like buying a new laptop every year whenever a new faster one is released. It doesn't make sense but it is a trend. I can easily upgrade to the 5s from an S4 but is the money worth putting to waste for a quicker phone when this phone is quick enough? I understand the phone thing is all in now but before this phone I had the Samsung Galaxy S the first one. That was a major jump and I'm a tech geek in phones and gadgets and the smartest move to make for people who have iPhone 4s and S3s or above should stay with their phones unless you have the money to spend.

Next year the new iPhone will obviously be twice as fast as this iPhone 5s. I want to see more than just a fingerprint scanner and an upgraded iOS I want to see more of what that phone can do to upgrade and also switch over to iPhone.

I want to see
    Removable battery
    Micro SD slot for extra storage

Why the f can't apple do it already? Maybe a bit larger screen?

I'm android until then though. And even then, I may not jump ship because I like the multi tasking abilities of this phone.

It'll be a plus.

Marginal or not any smart phone especially an iOS device within the previous two years is fast enough to run smoothly and process at great rates. Twice as fast sounds good, but a year ago today or whenever the iPhone 5 was released that same phone was twice as fast as the last iPhone.

How fast do we actually want our phones to be? That's like buying a new laptop every year whenever a new faster one is released. It doesn't make sense but it is a trend. I can easily upgrade to the 5s from an S4 but is the money worth putting to waste for a quicker phone when this phone is quick enough? I understand the phone thing is all in now but before this phone I had the Samsung Galaxy S the first one. That was a major jump and I'm a tech geek in phones and gadgets and the smartest move to make for people who have iPhone 4s and S3s or above should stay with their phones unless you have the money to spend.

Next year the new iPhone will obviously be twice as fast as this iPhone 5s. I want to see more than just a fingerprint scanner and an upgraded iOS I want to see more of what that phone can do to upgrade and also switch over to iPhone.

I want to see
    Removable battery

Why the f can't apple do it already? Maybe a bit larger screen?

I'm android until then though. And even then, I may not jump ship because I like the multi tasking abilities of this phone.

It'll be a plus.
    Faster phones means more capabilities and smoother operation.

The fingerprint sensor wouldn't be as smooth and fast in older generation models. The Galaxy wouldn't be able to do half the stuff on an older model if not for the speed updagrades. Speed upgrades allow the HTC phones to perform certain tasks that older models can't do as well. It also allows certain apps to perform or even run at all (Infiniti Blade 3 for example).

Faster processing speeds also allow for better under the hood actions that allow it to multi task without compromising performance, for example running two apps at the same time side by side on some Droid phones.

As phones evolve we'll be able to do more and more, things that today we didn't think were needed but things that we wouldn't be able to live without when they are released.

As far as computers, some people may not need faster processing (don't see why anybody would mind tho), some of us do. They allow us to run process actions at a faster rate, they allow us to multi task more efficiently but I guess that depends on your needs.

I welcome faster speeds!!!

I don't see why people feel that they're not needed. Perhaps in the past I wasn't sure what couid be done with faster phones, but it's clearly obvious that we all benefit from them.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Faster phones means more capabilities and smoother operation.

The fingerprint sensor wouldn't be as smooth and fast in older generation models. The Galaxy wouldn't be able to do half the stuff on an older model if not for the speed updagrades. Speed upgrades allow the HTC phones to perform certain tasks that older models can't do as well. It also allows certain apps to perform or even run at all (Infiniti Blade 3 for example).

Faster processing speeds also allow for better under the hood actions that allow it to multi task without compromising performance, for example running two apps at the same time side by side on some Droid phones.

As phones evolve we'll be able to do more and more, things that today we didn't think were needed but things that we wouldn't be able to live without when they are released.

As far as computers, some people may not need faster processing (don't see why anybody would mind tho), some of us do. They allow us to run process actions at a faster rate, they allow us to multi task more efficiently but I guess that depends on your needs.

I welcome faster speeds!!!

I don't see why people feel that they're not needed. Perhaps in the past I wasn't sure what couid be done with faster phones, but it's clearly obvious that we all benefit from them.
    You can't be ****ing serious.

Big disappointment from Apple. Will be getting the note 3.

I'll stick with my 4s as well

Quote Originally Posted by Lebowsky
    You can't be ****ing serious.
    How so?

Years ago people were thinking there was no need for smart phones, yet we can't see ourselves living without them since they've become integral to our lives. We don't know what new features will be.

raep tiem

I want to see
    Removable battery
    No way they'll do it

Quote Originally Posted by b1imtf
    No way they'll do it
    I don't see how sd slot is needed.

I have the 16gb and I don't feel the need to have more. I simply upload my files to my computer or cloud. I don't have much music on it either, since I stream almost everything. I can select to download some songs but once you play them you can stream them without the need to download or have to buffer.

I undertand that everybody's different, but I feel the need for bigger/removable drives isn't needed like it was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I don't see how sd slot is needed.

I have the 16gb and I don't feel the need to have more. I simply upload my files to my computer or cloud. I don't have much music on it either, since I stream almost everything. I can select to download some songs but once you play them you can stream them without the need to download or have to buffer.

I undertand that everybody's different, but I feel the need for bigger/removable drives isn't needed like it was in the past.
    The problem is not the storage itself. 64gb is fine in a phone.

The problem is that not including a SD card slot is clearly a scam to vastly overcharge for a very cheap component. The jump from 16gb to 32gb costs you like $100. That's pretty much all profit.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    The problem is not the storage itself. 64gb is fine in a phone.

The problem is that not including a SD card slot is clearly a scam to vastly overcharge for a very cheap component.
    ok

They will continue selling the iPhone 5 right? Because first of all i don't see how the 5C can only be $100 cheaper than the 5S so it'll probably be the same price as the iPhone 5 with the same technology despite having a plastic case which is not only a lot cheaper than the current materials but also much quicker in production. Why shouldn't people just buy iPhone 5 not only won't they have to deal with the fact that they bought a "budget" iPhone but its imo also a much nicer and more precious design.

Quote Originally Posted by blablabla
    [COLOR="Red"]They will continue selling the iPhone 5 right? [/COLOR]Because first of all i don't see how the 5C can only be $100 cheaper than the 5S so it'll probably be the same price as the iPhone 5 with the same technology despite having a plastic case which is not only a lot cheaper than the current materials but also much quicker in production. Why shouldn't people just buy iPhone 5 not only won't they have to deal with the fact that they bought a "budget" iPhone but its imo also a much nicer and more precious design.
    No

The 5c will become the 5.

smart move by apple a worse product for the same money

also
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7-RetY7fGo