Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 LastLast

Thread: God iz real.

Sunshine State

Default Re: God iz real.

Don't believe in God, wish I did. But I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Don't believe in God, wish I did. But I don't.
    So why u dont?

Sunshine State

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    So why u dont?
    Because God doesn't make sense to me

I find it hard to believe some mythical being created everything, science makes more sense. My heart would like to believe in God for a sense of closure and maybe purpose? But my brain tells me it doesn't make any sense to believe in it.

NBA rookie of the year

I find it hard to believe some mythical being created everything, science makes more sense. My heart would like to believe in God for a sense of closure and maybe purpose? But my brain tells me it doesn't make any sense to believe in it.
    About the same for me. went to church as a kid (forced to go), but as you get older and learn some of the bibles actual claims, and some scientific facts, you realize that significant portions of the bible are already scientifically impossible.

Also there are a bunch of teachings in the bible that are incredibly immoral. Eg. Justifying slavery, knowledge is evil, shellfish are evil, wearing clothes of 2 different cloths are evil. (seriously the bible considers those things abominations, but not slavery)

If a woman claims to be raped in the city she should be doubted, but believed if it occurs in the countryside, you should submit to god to the extent that you should murder you son at his whim

if you are a good person your whole life and you look back on your city being smotted by god you deserve to be turned into a pillar of salt, afterwards your husband and daughters should breed, many other messed up things.

Then you learn about the political reasons why the bible exists, and it all makes sense. Of course rich powerful people would want the poor to believe that if you are poor in this life, you should be happy and docile, because if you are a good person you will be rich beyond belief in the kingdom of heaven. (eg. shellfish consumption was discouraged probably because of red tide)

How convenient

ok but where do scientists get their information and knowledge from, scientists also aren't 100 percent either, u believe that theres wind right? even tho u can't see it right? all because u don't see something definitely doesn't mean that its not there. think about that.

NBA rookie of the year

ok but where do scientists get their information and knowledge from, scientists also aren't 100 percent either, u believe that theres wind right? even tho u can't see it right? all because u don't see something definitely doesn't mean that its not there. think about that.
    scientists get all their information from experimentation and observation.

There are more senses than just sight. Just because we cant see wind/air pressure, there are numerous senses that help us observe/detect its existence, including but not limited to the ability to sense touch, motion, pressure, noise, and temperature. we can also measure the wind with various instruments including weather vines. So yes just because you cant see something doesn't mean there isn't a mountain of evidence it exists.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    scientists get all their information from experimentation and observation.

There are more senses than just sight. Just because we cant see wind/air pressure, there are numerous senses that help us observe/detect its existence, including but not limited to the ability to sense touch, motion, pressure, noise, and temperature. we can also measure the wind with various instruments including weather vines. So yes just because you cant see something doesn't mean there isn't a mountain of evidence it exists.
    who give them tha knowledge and sense to come up with experimentation and observation tho? not out of thin air I tell you that. and wind definitely comes from God and it does exists just like God always does and always will be, we cant operate on our own, we are not that smart.

NBA rookie of the year

who give them tha knowledge and sense to come up with experimentation and observation tho? not out of thin air I tell you that. and wind definitely comes from God and it does exists just like God always does and always will be, we cant operate on our own, we are not that smart.
    who give them tha knowledge and sense to come up with experimentation and observation tho?
    The evolutionary process.

wind definitely comes from God
    If you want to believe that, its your right, but its not definite. It is a matter of faith.

and it does exists just like God always does and always will be, we cant operate on our own, we are not that smart.

You don't have to believe in the bible to believe in a grand creator.

Science and god can coexist.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    You don't have to believe in the bible to believe in a grand creator.

Science and god can coexist.
    I would dispute that.
    The scientific process is all about evidence, peer review and the ability of others to replicate the results of your observations/experiments. About making testable hypothesis and testing them.

Belief in a grand creator is a matter of faith. There is zero concrete evidence indicating that someone or something consciously and intentionally created the universe. belief in that rejects the scientific standard of evidence. Now maybe someday we will find evidence of a grand creator and scientists will adapt their theories. But until then belief in a grand creator rejects science.

Eg. Finding out about quarks inside atoms, and then iirc vibrating strings inside the quarks (but i am no physicists). When at one time it was believed atoms were the smallest unit.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 11-03-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Santa Claus has a more reasonable explanation than Jesus and God,Allah,Yahweh whatever you want to call it.

If you believe the Bible is any way,shape,or form Truth,then so is L Ron Hubbard's explanation and scientology religion.

I was raised catholic and have studied every religion and all of them are illogical,unreasonable,unbelievable,Literally Impossible,clearly made up,and not even rational.

The only religions that even made a modicum of sense were ones where there is no go and the belief is you are your own god,you make your own decisions and it teaches peace unto oneself and harmony among people.

But believing in a ressurected zombie,that the Earth is max 10,000 years old,
    that we descended from two people and woman was created from man's rib,that a talking snake coerced eve and adam to eat an apple and get banished,that having Knowledge is EVIL,that not believing is worse than murder,rape,torture,genocide,that one man Built an arc and millions of species fit in that boat,that Dinosaurs nevER existed,

and the most illogical

God is omniscient so he knows the past,present,and future which means there is ABSOLUTELY 0 FREE WILL
    Which means that

whether you believe or not,whether you're good or bad makes absolutely 0 difference bc you have no choice
    so all the good,all the bad thats been done was MADE TO BE DONE.

If God created the world and people an d he already knows what happens then that means people have 0 choice.Theyre programmed to be bad or good.ALL the murders,rapes,genocides,wars,plagues were MADE TO HAPPEN.
    He knew Adam and Eve weren't going to listen and he LET EVERYTHING HAPPEN.

If you read the bible,Koran,Morman books,and all that,
    God laid down 7 sins,the 7 deadly sins not to cross and yet He broke all of them.

   

just dropped in to say that actually... yes. the air really is poisonous. it was just classified by the world health org as being carcinogenic. not joking.

so your diet and life habits are more important than ever if your goal is to stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash31
    Santa Claus has a more reasonable explanation than Jesus and God,Allah,Yahweh whatever you want to call it.
    This iz one of tha dumbest thangz that I've ever heard in my life How iz Santa real if his fat ass can't even fit down tha chimneys plus a lot of houses have no chimneys in tha first damn place. Do all bad kids get coal for Christmas? man this iz simply retarded plus God iz real cuz he do answer prayers not our parents or others, who make sure we breath on a daily basis? how do most babies survive in tha womb before birth? Who made tha scientists in tha first place? Where does all tha intelligence that these people have come from? Who make sure people's brain work with a decebt memory everyday? It adds up man

we laker fans know diz

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    we laker fans know diz
    funny but true