Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    Damn, never knew Waka said that.
    Waka Flocka Flame is the voice of his generation

Literally.

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    That you, Waka?

The sad state of hip pop summarized right here

That n*gga lazy and stupid.. Thats the problem right there.. He cares about money more than being a good rapper..

Then? to top it off he is too stupid to realize how dumb he sounds saying that.. he actually takes pride in bringing nothing to the table

thats crazy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    That n*gga lazy and stupid.. Thats the problem right there.. He cares about money more than being a good rapper..

Then? to top it off he is too stupid to realize how dumb he sounds saying that.. he actually takes pride in bringing nothing to the table

thats crazy
    Like I said, the guy is the voice of his generation. He articulated how pop rappers and their fans view the art form, or what was an art form anyway. Give him this at least- he's honest. He knows the deal. Knows he has no talent whatsoever, has no lyrics, couldn't freestyle if his life depended on it.

But he gettin guap n dat beat's alwayz tight doe so's all gud lol

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Waka is a complete moron but there were plenty like him In the 90s

I agree that good rap doesn't have to have overly serious and complex lyrics to be good...it is a really bad fit for the club/party scene in general...dumbed down lyrics work better at parties...'serious' rap is good for the car or your headphones...

I love the Wu, some of my favorite shit ever, but no one at a night club wants to hear GZA break down the science of a black hole...it just doesn't work in that setting

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    Lots of people take shit too seriously and are miserable tw@ts
    Tw@t is a good word. Under utilized

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Knoe and Rasheed...you being more my generation than some of these others im gonna give you two songs id like your honest opinion on. Made by another of DJ Kahleds endless Bugatti yelling mixtape rappers. I just want your honest feedback:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDeeG...GafUSp3yH7CJgQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnQSjrlRPnw

I just want to know...would you say he can rap?

Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    WTF??

they dont have complicated scheme because they did that sh*t in the f*cking 1980s ... jesus christ...

Thats like saying the wright brothers didnt fly far enough when they invented flying

they created the foundation upon which more complicated rhyming schemes were built.. one thing you can tell by listening to them is they actually cared about their lyrical skills
    So you agree that G Rap and Rakim didn't have complex lyrics or structure? Okay, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Knoe and Rasheed...you being more my generation than some of these others im gonna give you two songs id like your honest opinion on. Made by another of DJ Kahleds endless Bugatti yelling mixtape rappers. I just want your honest feedback:

Just curious.

Better than anything Drake has ever produced. Better subject matter and much better rapper. Probably makes 1% of what Drake makes though... because he doesn't target teenage females.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Just curious.
    Ill put in my 2 pennies.....

I honestly havent listened to any Ace Hood that I can recall, i had heard of him and for some reason assumed he was lame, i expected both songs to be terrible, but both songs were dope. I ended up looking up a couple more of his songs. He can rap, he has emotion and depth in his lyrics and i feel like he is genuine, his content is meaningful. Some of the beats he raps on arent really my style and are a bit too corny/stereotypical "turn up" type stuff. Would love to hear him on a DJ Premier beat

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

There's different music for different things, I think we all agree on that.

But what 'passes' or is considered good today is generally weak compared to past eras (not all of course, ther'es Lupe and others). And that's what we criticize, the shit that gets passed for supposedly 'good' rap.

Again, like some of us mentioned, we all listen to all sorts of rap. Ignant shit, lyrical shit, club shit etc.etc. and again

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923

The Wu stands for raw shit, they stand for lyrics, they stand for the streets, origninality, they stand for keeping it real, and not for watered down feminine rap. If anybody needed an explanation than they haven't been listening and need to logoff and listen.
    LOL.

Wu stands for streets and lyrics? Drake has plenty of songs more lyrical than shit ODB, U-God and others have released from Wu. Keeping it real? What does that even mean?
    That's a bullshit, overused phrase that you don't even have a clue about. In what way is Drake not keeping it real? Because he doesn't act like a gangsta? If anything hes more natural than most of the Wu members.

Originality? Sure.
    There wasn't a single rapper out that made the fusion music Drake made, apart from maybe Kanye, and he was shit at it when he did it.

You're an idiot who thinks your subjective opinion is fact, and clearly takes himself way too seriously. Its music dummy. Not life or death.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    because he doesn't target teenage females.
    How does Drake target teenage females?

He sings to the ladies a lot, but it only happens to appeal to teenage females as well as those in their 20's. But, what does Drake put in his material to suggest he's specifically interested in those in their teens?

Sounds like a bitter remark.

There's actually dudes that believe Drake is a GOAT worthy rapper, there's tons of people that believe Kanye is GOAT now.

Holla when he spits better than this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7_NlIDwvwc

That's from 87

It aint a simplistic pattern, rhyme scheme.

Busta aint the best, but even he spits better club shit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91a_qytlfSU

i doubt most rappers today can even spit this shit, let alone write it. Lyrical gymnastics

One of the greatest dance songs EVAAAAAA!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sTmie1IYD4

Simple, yet the flow and rhymes are better than some shit that passes for rapping today.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    LOL.

Wu stands for streets and lyrics? Drake has plenty of songs more lyrical than shit ODB, U-God and others have released from Wu. Keeping it real? What does that even mean?
    That's a bullshit, overused phrase that you don't even have a clue about. In what way is Drake not keeping it real? Because he doesn't act like a gangsta? If anything hes more natural than most of the Wu members.

Originality? Sure.
    There wasn't a single rapper out that made the fusion music Drake made, apart from maybe Kanye, and he was shit at it when he did it.

You're an idiot who thinks your subjective opinion is fact, and clearly takes himself way too seriously. Its music dummy. Not life or death.
    Again, if you need to ask then you dont get it.

OH I forgot you're from Australia

I'm sure Drake has a few that are more lyrical than UGod. Ugod is universally regarded as the weakest Wu member (by far). And yet, he still has more songs in which he's better than Drake than Drake >>> him

Drake aint original, shoot yoruself if you believe that.

And btw