Page 12 of 19 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star PHX_Phan's Avatar

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by ace23
    Jesus, Knoe Itawl is worse than Al.
    Yup.

Cracks me up that people are making such a big deal over this shit.

lol...

You can sit here and pretend Drake can't flow, but even listening to one of his more average songs in HYFR, you can see hes one of the best in terms of flow. He changes it up about 4 or 5 times alone in the first verse.

You can keep posting all the 80's and 90's bullshit you want, but no one apart from the rest of your 40 year old posse on here is listening.

And lol at putting Busta in this discussion. There are about 3 rappers ever to be able to do the stuff he does. That's a slight on Drake now?

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Again, if you need to ask then you dont get it.

OH I forgot you're from Australia
    You're embarrassing yourself, 30 something year old, Macy's worker.

I'm sure Drake has a few that are more lyrical than UGod. Ugod is universally regarded as the weakest Wu member (by far). And yet, he still has more songs in which he's better than Drake than Drake >>> him

Drake aint original, shoot yoruself if you believe that.
    Yet you can't name any artists that do what he does.

[QUOTE]And btw

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    lol...

You can sit here and pretend Drake can't flow, but even listening to one of his more average songs in HYFR, [COLOR="Red"]you can see hes one of the best in terms of flow.[/COLOR] He changes it up about 4 or 5 times alone in the first verse.

[COLOR="Olive"]You can keep posting all the 80's and 90's bullshit you want, but no one apart from the rest of your 40 year old posse on here is listening. [/COLOR]

And lol at putting Busta in this discussion. There are about 3 rappers ever to be able to do the stuff he does. That's a slight on Drake now?
    Compared to who? Gucci Mane?

That's the problem. People wont listen and learn.

If somebody told me when I was coming up "check out this cat" I'd listen. Even today if somebody tells me "So so is weak, listen to this artist" I'm gonna listen an analyze.

But keep believing Drake has one of the best flows.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    How does Drake target teenage females?

He sings to the ladies a lot, but it only happens to appeal to teenage females as well as those in their 20's. But, what does Drake put in his material to suggest he's specifically interested in those in their teens?

Sounds like a bitter remark.

He targets young females because that is the demographic that actually still pays for music. This isn't some industry secret, and Drake certainly isn't the only one who does it.

How many Drake albums have you purchased?

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

That's the problem. People wont listen and learn.
    I listened to all of the tracks you posted, and plowking is right. Drake's flow on HYFR blows all of those away. If you listened with an open minded, you'd realize this fact.

You're embarrassing yourself, 30 something year old, Macy's worker.

Yet you can't name any artists that do what he does.

Interesting that he failed. Considering getting the praise of Wu members on twitter, and already there has been a remix recorded, and set to be available soon.
    Guess you're just wrong, like usual.
    you mad?

Don't like me bringing up Australia?

You expect Wu members to diss a track in their homage? sure.

It may have succeeded cause his fans like it. Look around the web, even people from this generation aren't praising it. So it aint a generational thing, it's only his fans (even then some don't like it) that like it. What I meant he failed I meant in terms of what the Wu stood for.

You can't make an homage to somebody in such way that displays the opposite of what they stood for.

It's like me dedicating a song to MLK by a Nazi hate group spitting hatred.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    He targets young females because that is the demographic that actually still pays for music. This isn't some industry secret, and Drake certainly isn't the only one who does it.

How many Drake albums have you purchased?
    I have the 'Take Care' CD. That's it.

But, point out lyrics and music videos that are specifically meant to target teen girls. All I see is a man living a grown man lifestyle in music videos and talking about a lot of grown folk fly $hit. If teen girls are attracted to that, that's simply because they're trying to be older than they are. There is nothing in his music that comes across as being "for teenage girls" though.

that eric b and rakim song andgar posted made my ears bleed. you should really warn us before you go and post some bullshit like that

But, point out lyrics and music videos that are specifically meant to target teen girls. All I see is a man living a grown man lifestyle in music videos and talking about a lot of grown folk fly $hit. If teen girls are attracted to that, that's simply because they're trying to be older than they are. There is nothing in his music that comes across as being "for teenage girls" though.
    You make a good point. Teenage girls will always be intrigued by what's popular.

Eminem has a ton of teenage fangirls, but does that discredit his shit or make it weak? Of course not

I listened to all of the tracks you posted, and plowking is right. Drake's flow on HYFR blows all of those away. If you listened with an open minded, you'd realize this fact.
    I do

You're both wrong

I always listen to any music with an open mind, that's what I've been trained to do. My intention is never to go into hating something. I try to be ignorant to what I'm about to listen to so I go in without a preset bias. Otherwise my musical tastes wouldn't be more than a spec of a specific style and genre.

I stated Drake has moments.

But even in those moments (which are few) they're nothing great, nothing memorable.

Buck Owens>>>

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    that eric b and rakim song andgar posted made my ears bleed. you should really warn us before you go and post some bullshit like that
    Your loss

you mad?
    About what?

Don't like me bringing up Australia?
    Why would I care? Australia is one of, if not, the best country in the world. I probably earn more than you do here working casually and I'm still finishing my degree.

You expect Wu members to diss a track in their homage? sure.
    You're acting as if no one has knocked back an award or looked upon a homage negatively.

You can't make an homage to somebody in such way that displays the opposite of what they stood for.

It's like me dedicating a song to MLK by a Nazi hate group spitting hatred.
    No its not. Why are you pretending as if your analogy is close to true.

You don't think "take care" is targeted at females? I'm not even saying it's a bad song, but it's a typical, mainstream, relationship song targeted at young females.

I'd be interested to hear a track from Drake that doesn't target the typical female subjects i.e. money, cars, clubs, dance, relationships. I've honestly only heard his mainstream stuff, so maybe he has some tracks that tackle other issues beyond the typical superficial subjects used to attract female listeners.

About what?

Why would I care? Australia is one of, if not, the best country in the world. I probably earn more than you do here working casually and I'm still finishing my degree.

You're acting as if no one has knocked back an award or looked upon a homage negatively.

No its not. Why are you pretending as if your analogy is close to true.
    I bring up Australia to show how out of touch you are thus taking away any sort of credibility you had so you get upset and attack me personally. You don't get certain things because you're not from that culture, otherwise you wouldn't be asking. Why would anybody attack somebody personally if they're not upset?

If you make an avg of $800 (after taxes) per check every week good for you. Good luck in your studies, I aint gonna knock a man for their situation. But if it makes you feel better good for you.

I've lived and experienced more than 98% of the people here. Done things most wish they have done. I've had a fun life, made bad decisions but it is what it is I still got memories. Hopefully you can experience a tenth of what I have after you graduate and make tons of money.

And YES others have knocked a tribute, go ahead and name them