Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7141516171819 LastLast

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by Rasheed1
    I think you are trying too hard to make a point here blaze

You act like everything is equal in terms of rappers and their personas.. thats not true..

Like I already said a few times.. Drake is seen one way and Wu Tang is seen another..

you can huff and puff all you want about who made what kind of love song and who isnt really a killer, but you are missing the point that Wu-tang is not known to be a soft group..

Drake is known to be a soft rapper

like I already said.. LL made soft songs.. MC Shan made soft songs.. Big Daddy Kane made songs..

They didnt move into a territory where people thought they didnt belong.. Rappers have been making the occasional love song since "I need love" and "the day youre mine"

Drake is known to be a soft rapper.. that is big difference that seem to keep ignoring.. Wu-tang isnt known to be soft despite the song they did they may be seen as love songs..

They also didnt big up soft rappers on their songs.. If Ghost makes a love song? He doesnt call it "drake forever"

there is a dynamic going on here that you refuse to acknowledge..

Rappers are characters and to a large degree they must remain consistent.. a weak love song here or there might be tolerated, but a known soft rapper talking about Wu - tang is gonna draw negative attention.. You need to just admit and stop trying to put all the rest of rap world on blast because Drake made a bad decision

he can use Wu samples and even quote wu here and there.. But naming his song "Wu Tang forever" is just putting a target on his back and it isnt necessary ..

he could have made the song and named it something else.. He would not have caught the same heat if he did..
    you didn't refute any of his points. the only people mad at drake for naming the song wu tang forever are 30+ year olds who still listen to the same music they did 15-20 years ago and hate anything coming out post-2000 and wouldn't buy his album anyway. drake's still gonna go platinum and wu tang is still irrelevant in the music industry

17 pages about Drake ...

Also you talk about Pac when he was unknown and KRS doing unknown work and act as if it means anything..

It doesnt mean anything if people dont remember or identify with it..

just think about the personas of the rappers you are talking about.. Pac was originally a black panther type mofo.. He basically pioneered the "thuglife" M.O

He is the one everyone is imitating when they talk thuglife.. Its only as real as Pac was when he did it..

KRS doing christian rap means nothing because nobody heard it..

Rza making a certain song means nothing because he is known to be Wu beat creator..

He wouldnt come out bigging up Drake..

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    you didn't refute any of his points. the only people mad at drake for naming the song wu tang forever are 30+ year olds who still listen to the same music they did 15-20 years ago and hate anything coming out post-2000 and wouldn't buy his album anyway. drake's still gonna go platinum and wu tang is still irrelevant in the music industry

Im not out neccesarily "refute" his points ..

The people mad are people who like Wu-tang and dont want Drake spoiling it with his soft raps..

its that simple..

Its not about hating anything post 2000.. its about not likeing Drake specifically and his soft style

they dont want Drake trying to rep Wu- tang..

he isnt fit to do that... they arent compatible..

I just typed in "Wu Tang" in google, and the second result is "Wu Tang Forever Drake."

I just typed in "Wu Tang" on youtube and the first result is not "Wu Tang Clan" but "Wu Tang Forever Drake."

That's not good.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Really? This is about the NAME of the song? since drake isnt a murderer and doesnt pretend to be he cant name a song wu tang forever?

That makes it pretty clear we arent trying to be reasonable here.

Just a bunch of hating over nothing.

And nobody heard spiritual Minded?

That means what to the idea that people stay in one lane? Because it didnt sell or get attention it didnt happen?

Ever wonder why it didnt get attention?

because it wasnt good.

A LOT of "real" rappers are making...bad music. music even you wouldnt want to hear over quite a bit of drake.

I listen to it all. Im not propping up wu tang over lying thug images and acting hard until you need to shoot a movie or sell soda. I respect the music.

At least a lot of it. But im not talking out of my ass about it being too great to....reference. I had it all. Most of it on tape and then cds. I had Killah Priest albums with one or two good songs(Your arms too short to box with god).

I listened to those bullshit albums and RZA trying to make club hits that were garbage.

Fact is...on the bottom line...a lot of legends make shiity music. worse than Drake. But since people dont hear it or hear it and act like it didnt happen they idealize them and put them up on some pedestal.

I choose not to. I judge it as fairly as I can. I dont act like Drake is a fake sellout for singing about his real life with a few joking lines then turn a blind eye to Mr Murder was the Case singing in autotune and then deciding hes Jamaican at age 40.

You talking consistency....and so am I.

I want to see it across the board. Not just brought out to hate on the guy in the spotlight at the moment while the people hes mocked in comparison to are no better and most are lying idiots.

Im not gonna buy a Drake album. But ill be damned if I buy another Bobby Digital album either.
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-18-2013 at 11:17 PM.

The Drake haters have gotten absolutely murdered in this thread by some good points, and failing to come up with any of their own. All of you are looking really silly at how upset this has got you furthermore.

Rasheed, your last points are particularly way off base and just straight up hilarious at how wrong they are. So a hard rapper can make the occasional love song, but Drake who is a soft rapper can't make a song about Wu Tang? Furthermore, a rapper who's pretended to be hard his whole career despite not actually being it, can make hardcore, gangsta stuff?
    That logic... lol.

Rappers were out doing tributes for MJ. Going by your logic, that's not allowed. lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Really? This is about the NAME of the song? since drake isnt a murderer and doesnt pretend to be he cant name a song wu tang forever?

That makes it pretty clear we arent trying to be reasonable here.

Just a bunch of hating over nothing.

And nobody heard spiritual Minded?

That means what to the idea that people stay in one lane? Because it didnt sell or get attention it didnt happen?

Ever wonder why it didnt get attention?

because it wasnt good.

A LOT of "real" rappers are making...bad music. music even you wouldnt want to hear over quite a bit of drake.

I listen to it all. Im not propping up wu tang over lying thug images and acting hard until you need to shoot a movie or sell soda. I respect the music.

At least a lot of it. But im not talking out of my ass about it being too great to....reference. I had it all. Most of it on tape and then cds. I had Killah Priest albums with one or two good songs(Your arms too short to box with god).

I listened to those bullshit albums and RZA trying to make club hits that were garbage.

Fact is...on the bottom line...a lot of legends make shiity music. worse than Drake. But since people dont hear it or hear it and act like it didnt happen they idealize them and put them up on some pedestal.

I choose not to. I judge it as fairly as I can. I dont act like Drake is a fake sellout for singing about his real life with a few joking lines then turn a blind eye to Mr Murder was the Case singing in autotune and then deciding hes Jamaican at age 40.

You talking consistency....and so am I.

I want to see it across the board. Not just brought out to hate on the guy in the spotlight at the moment while the people hes mocked in comparison to are no better and most are lying idiots.

Im not gonna buy a Drake album. But ill be damned if I buy another Bobby Digital album either.

Ill say it one more time for you blaze...

it is very simple... Wu tang fans do not want Wu tang style getting mixed with Drake's style.

Like I already said ... if he named the song something else? no one would have noticed.. It would have been a sample or two on his songs under a different name... no big deal.. no controversy

but chose to call the song "wu Tang forever" drawing attention to the song... BAD IDEA..

you seem to be on an unnecessary tirade defending drake when it isnt that deep

Nobody said all rappers are real except drake...

The main point here is that Drake got ripped because he tried to rep Wu when he is the antithesis of what they stand for.. You can be mad and you write paragraphs detailing how many rappers arent hard in real life

its doesnt change the fact that fans dont want Drake trying to rep WU..

it is really that simple.. you say what you will.. but the fact remains the same..

I dont really know how else to relate this point to you..

It doesnt matter what you say (or all the other people who seem soo mad over it)

WU fans arent gonna take nicely to Drake making a song and calling it "wu tang forever" especially if he doesnt come out and show some wu like rap skill in his song..

take it how you take take it.. it is what it is..

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    The Drake haters have gotten absolutely murdered in this thread by some good points, and failing to come up with any of their own. All of you are looking really silly at how upset this has got you furthermore.

Rasheed, your last points are particularly way off base and just straight up hilarious at how wrong they are. So a hard rapper can make the occasional love song, but Drake who is a soft rapper can't make a song about Wu Tang? Furthermore, a rapper who's pretended to be hard his whole career despite not actually being it, can make hardcore, gangsta stuff?
    That logic... lol.

Rappers were out doing tributes for MJ. Going by your logic, that's not allowed. lol...
    i don't understand why somebody needs logic to explain why they like a rapper anyway... it's fckin rap not a debate on engineering.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    Anything Wu ever says positively in public about Drake is straight politics. Not only did Ghostface (the real one) endorse that Drake review, but I was at a Wu Tang show about a year ago and the crowd started yelling "F*ck Drake" an Meth was egging them on.

Wu doesn't respect that cornball, wack rapper, just like I honestly don't get how anyone who is a true hiphip head could. And by the way, it isn't even about him not being "gangsta" or whatever. I actually feel there SHOULD be more balance in hiphop, like in the old days. But Drake just sucks. And I'll bet Wu respects the hell out of Kid n Play, so it ain't about that for them either. DRAKE JUST SUCKS.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPreKgxHYXA

This is where drake gets his whole style from.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPreKgxHYXA

This is where drake gets his whole style from.
    There's also RKelly who raps and sings, Montell Jordan, if we wanna go wayyyy back there's Bobby Brown. If we wanna talk 'auton tune' there's TPain and a host of other singing rappers that use auto tune.

So I don't get where some say he's original

And the problem isn't so much that he's singing and rapping, it's how he does it, when he does it. At times you're not sure if he's a rapper or a singer. He's an okay rapper (at best) but a bad singer.

And yes, other rappers have rapped about women and had songs aimed at the female audience, but they didn't sound like b*tches doing so. Straight up, he sounds gay. I know some will disagree but many know exactly what I'm talking about.

I mean, there's Teddy Pendergrass type of singers, then there's these new Mario fake Tevin Campbell b*tch made sounding singers. There's a difference, just is.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Wu style mixed with drake?

Perhaps I heard the wrong song but that didnt sound a damn thing like the Wu Tang I remember.

And real talk...I dont give two shits about Drake. Hes just another single producing rapper owning radio I dont listen to. But the hate he sees from fans of "real" hip hop is just laughable.

We went from....be yourself....stop the violence...rappers delight...rock duets....

To a point where someone who grew up upper middle class needs to talk murder and lie over wannabe Pete rock/Primo beats to be taken serious by the same kind of fans who are my age and asking what happened. Whats wrong with black culture, hip hop, and so on.

The problem is....90% of rappers come in and see that lying about being hard is the way to go. They go get their local garbage producer to whip up a beat that sounds like "Hard in the paint" and tell lies about streets they have never been on.

All these lying ass fake thugs all over the place making the same song and rhyming tech with bet and love with thugs over the same damn beat.

But the problem is....little rich kids who didnt come up hard rapping like little rich kids who didnt come up hard.

Hiphop is the fakest genre of music there ever was. Pushed by little white kids who think guys who have been rich and famous since they were 17 are real thugs and then weh ave guys my age fronting like every one of their favorine MCs isnt fake as a 3 dollar bill.

Bunch of muslims talking drug selling, people living down the street from Drake talking about streets they saw from their grandmas window at 13, and tatted up idiots screaming about murders they never did or will get involved in.

But Drake is a problem.

Thats why hip hop is dead. Not it being stacked with lying thugs who see destroying the minds of the youth as the path to success. Its dead because someone rapping about their actual life and appealing more to the average american is a success without the dumb mixtape beats that all sound like Pastor Troy mixed with the Neptunes.

Drake isnt my kind of music. But the kind of music I listen to is a hell of a lot faker than he is.

If Biggie were doing the shit from Dead Wrong he would have been in jail before album one.....

Im not gonna hate on dude for being himself. He didnt come up where I did. I respect that he doesnt lie to me about it.

When I think about how "real" fans make room for liars and fake thugs who live down the street from Drake and arent one bit more likely to do something "hard" but call out Drake for being closer to honest than most....

I kinda feel like Bunk on the wire.

"Makes me sick mother****er how far we done fell."

So many "real" fans only rep fake rappers. And dont even see the problem there........
    Last edited by Kblaze8855; 09-19-2013 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Wu style mixed with drake?

Perhaps I heard the wrong song but that didnt sound a damn thing like the Wu Tang I remember.

And real talk...I dont give two shits about Drake. Hes just another single producing rapper owning radio I dont listen to. But the hate he sees from fans of "real" hip hop is just laughable.

We went from....be yourself....stop the violence...rappers delight...rock duets....

To a point where someone who grew up upper middle class needs to talk murder and lie over wannabe Pete rock/Primo beats to be taken serious by the same kind of fans who are my age and asking what happened. Whats wrong with black culture, hip hop, and so on.

The problem is....90% of rappers come in and see that lying about being hard is the way to go. They go get their local garbage producer to whip up a beat that sounds like "Hard in the paint" and tell lies about streets they have never been on.

All these lying ass fake thugs all over the place making the same song and rhyming tech with bet and love with thugs over the same damn beat.

But the problem is....little rich kids who didnt come up hard rapping like little rich kids who didnt come up hard.

Hiphop is the fakest genre of music there ever was. Pushed by little white kids who think guys who have been rich and famous since they were 17 are real thugs and then weh ave guys my age fronting like every one of their favorine MCs isnt fake as a 3 dollar bill.

Bunch of muslims talking drug selling, people living down the street from Drake talking about streets they saw from their grandmas window at 13, and tatted up idiots screaming about murders they never did or will get involved in.

But Drake is a problem.

Thats why hip hop is dead. Not it being stacked with lying thugs who see destroying the minds of the youth as the path to success. Its dead because someone rapping about their actual life and appealing more to the average american is a success without the dumb mixtape beats that all sound like Pastor Troy mixed with the Neptunes.

Drake isnt my kind of music. But the kind of music I listen to is a hell of a lot faker than he is.

If Biggie were doing the shit from Dead Wrong he would have been in jail before album one.....

Im not gonna hate on dude for being himself. He didnt come up where I did. I respect that he doesnt lie to me about it.

When I think about how "real" fans make room for liars and fake thugs who live down the street from Drake and arent one bit more likely to do something "hard" but call out Drake for being closer to honest than most....

I kinda feel like Bunk on the wire.

"Makes me sick mother****er how far we done fell."

So many "real" fans only rep fake rappers. And dont even see the problem there........
    Blaze... I can't speak for others here but this is why this upsets me and I assume most other legit Hip Hop fans. I am also strickly speaking about the content of their music, I don't care if RZA goes home, puts on a nighty, makes a chocolate latte and watches Days of our lives and Drake leaves the studio and goes gangbanging with the bloods.. their true "realness" is a separate discussion altogether:

Wu-tang made the 36 chambers. A dirty gutter classic full of intricate lyrics. Everyone knows that. They ushered in a new style. Accepted by 99.9% of hip hop fans as a gritty classic symbolizing the harshness of the streets of new york. etc... you get my point. Thats what their catalog consists of.

Drake OTOH makes emotional songs about how much he misses his ex girlfriends. Sorting out various conflicting feelings about his current relationship. Making deep connections with strippers. Etc.. He does what he does. He is in touch with his feminine side. Thats him. I'm not mad about it, it is what it is.

Guy has a style... it sells records. Record execs see it, so they push him to do it more, so he does it more.

But then he starts doin stuff like saying hes the greatest. Hes the king of rap. etc..

And now he makes a song named wu-tang forever. What is the song about?

I just love when I'm with you, yeah, this shit is on ten
    We used to be friends, girl, and even back then
    You would look at me with no hesitation and you'd tell me baby, it's yours
    Honestly I listened to the song and I dont know.. Hes in love with some broad and some bullshit lyrics about his friends or something. Basically some usual exploring his emotions drake shit with some incoherent ramblings about his n!ggas.

What the f*ck does this song have to do with wu-tang. He says "Young ***** came through on his Wu-Tang." How so drake? Is he paying them props? Not one line in the song gives them homage. He doesnt recognize what they did, it is not in their style. It looks like to me hes just throwing the name of one of the grittiest groups on another one of his vag!nal secretion songs with some weak ass lyrics just to go for some shock value. Actually I'm pretty sure thats what hes doing. Drake is a savvy dude... he knows he gets dogged all the time for being a daisy queen.. He knew this song would create a bunch of buzz.. or "hate" or whatever.. and it comes out right before the release of the album. Its genius really. Drake and his PR teams are playing the public like puppets. But im rambling.

You guys really dont see why its getting all this hate?? Hes disrespecting the Wu Tang by associating their name with some fukking covert love song, not saying a damn thing about the wu tang in the song, just for some publicity. I'm not some hardcore wu-tang clan fan.. but if I was, I'd be real pissed my favorite group is getting associated with this love ballad singing/degrassi motherf*cker.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OhNoTimNoSho
    Blaze... I can't speak for others here but this is why this upsets me and I assume most other legit Hip Hop fans. I am also strickly speaking about the content of their music, I don't care if RZA goes home, puts on a nighty, makes a chocolate latte and watches Days of our lives and Drake leaves the studio and goes gangbanging with the bloods.. their true "realness" is a separate discussion altogether:

Wu-tang made the 36 chambers. A dirty gutter classic full of intricate lyrics. Everyone knows that. They ushered in a new style. Accepted by 99.9% of hip hop fans as a gritty classic symbolizing the harshness of the streets of new york. etc... you get my point. Thats what their catalog consists of.

Drake OTOH makes emotional songs about how much he misses his ex girlfriends. Sorting out various conflicting feelings about his current relationship. Making deep connections with strippers. Etc.. He does what he does. He is in touch with his feminine side. Thats him. I'm not mad about it, it is what it is.

Guy has a style... it sells records. Record execs see it, so they push him to do it more, so he does it more.

But then he starts doin stuff like saying hes the greatest. Hes the king of rap. etc..

And now he makes a song named wu-tang forever. What is the song about?

Honestly I listened to the song and I dont know.. Hes in love with some broad and some bullshit lyrics about his friends or something. Basically some usual exploring his emotions drake shit with some incoherent ramblings about his n!ggas.

What the f*ck does this song have to do with wu-tang. He says "Young ***** came through on his Wu-Tang." How so drake? Is he paying them props? Not one line in the song gives them homage. He doesnt recognize what they did, it is not in their style. It looks like to me hes just throwing the name of one of the grittiest groups on another one of his vag!nal secretion songs with some weak ass lyrics just to go for some shock value. Actually I'm pretty sure thats what hes doing. Drake is a savvy dude... he knows he gets dogged all the time for being a daisy queen.. He knew this song would create a bunch of buzz.. or "hate" or whatever.. and it comes out right before the release of the album. Its genius really. Drake and his PR teams are playing the public like puppets. But im rambling.

You guys really dont see why its getting all this hate?? Hes disrespecting the Wu Tang by associating their name with some fukking covert love song, not saying a damn thing about the wu tang in the song, just for some publicity. I'm not some hardcore wu-tang clan fan.. but if I was, I'd be real pissed my favorite group is getting associated with this love ballad singing/degrassi motherf*cker.
    Uh