Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: Drake's 'Wu Tang Forever'

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Im not blind by nostagic

Masta killer and Dech never drop anything that changed the game like Take Care or So Far Gone
    How did he "change the game"?

So he started to rap sing with auto-tune… yeah because that's never been done before

I need to know exactly how he "changed the game"…. I'm serious. He put Canadian rappers on the map? which is just him. I don't know maybe it's just me, but pelase elaborate.

Eminem changed the game
    LL Cool J changed the game
    Ice T changed the game
    Kool G Rap changed teh game

I'll even go as far as to say Kanye def had an impact and I'm not a fan of his. But Drake?

What exactly did he do?

Usher in an era of 'Glee' rappers?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    LOL at this idiot still babbling on.

Still can't tell me what Wu are actually about, and deflected Wu members actually supporting the song.
    And you're still on my nuts (as usual).

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Kendrick Lamar perhaps the hottest mc today wouldn't even be the best rapper from LA in the 90s.
    He's not the best rapper from LA today.

@ Kblaze….

Drake's flow is almost non-existent. His rhyming patterns are like most of today's style which is very simplistic. That's part of the reason many of us criticize most of today's rappers.

It aint 'hating' on a new era, because there is some rappers that are dope. It's just most of today's rappers are simplistic, have a simple style that's reminiscent of the early 80s, and even then, there's artists from the 80s that had better flow and rhymes. It seems as tho rap has regressed to some degree

So while he (Drake) may have a decent line here and there (I aknowledged this already) it still isn't that impressive when you consider the entire package. Weak delivery, basic flow (at best), elementary rnyming scheme/pattern, that pretty much offsets a clever wordplay or line.

Even rapping most of today's rap songs are easy to spit. One needed some sort of practice to spit some of the verses from past rappers due to the complexity on how they were built.

I remember a hip hop honors tribute on VH1, and TI attempted to do a tribute to Kane, he COULDN'T. It was a bad tribute, then Black Thought came on and he showed him how it's done. Most of today's rappers simply don't practice that actual art of 'rapping'. They just throw lazy lines and that's it. Cats used to 'practice' rapping back then. Doesn't seem like that's the case anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBT2mLIsy8M

And Ti's verse is relatively simple compared to what Black Thought spit.
    Last edited by andgar923; 09-15-2013 at 01:53 PM.

PM Dawn vs Drake?

close call

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAoqUq0oExg

Tough one indeed.

[QUOTE=andgar923]@ Kblaze

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    it's funny because you really have no clue how ignorant you are
    prove me otherwise or STFU

One of today's most popular rappers, considered a legend by some

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7c-YPsb7Z8

vs a rapper that's considered a 'pop' rapper. Not considered one of the greatest mcees by a long shot. A rapper that 'sang' for b*tches, a wannabe thug.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Midc_Ho7LxI

Not a fan of Ja, yet anybody that's objective will tell you ja is miles better.

Not really feeling this track.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    @ Kblaze….

Drake's flow is almost non-existent. His rhyming patterns are like most of today's style which is very simplistic. That's part of the reason many of us criticize most of today's rappers.

It aint 'hating' on a new era, because there is some rappers that are dope. It's just most of today's rappers are simplistic, have a simple style that's reminiscent of the early 80s, and even then, there's artists from the 80s that had better flow and rhymes. It seems as tho rap has regressed to some degree

So while he (Drake) may have a decent line here and there (I aknowledged this already) it still isn't that impressive when you consider the entire package. Weak delivery, basic flow (at best), elementary rnyming scheme/pattern, that pretty much offsets a clever wordplay or line.

Even rapping most of today's rap songs are easy to spit. One needed some sort of practice to spit some of the verses from past rappers due to the complexity on how they were built.

I remember a hip hop honors tribute on VH1, and TI attempted to do a tribute to Kane, he COULDN'T. It was a bad tribute, then Black Thought came on and he showed him how it's done. Most of today's rappers simply don't practice that actual art of 'rapping'. They just throw lazy lines and that's it. Cats used to 'practice' rapping back then. Doesn't seem like that's the case anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBT2mLIsy8M

And Ti's verse is relatively simple compared to what Black Thought spit.
    You have a serious case of rose tinted glasses. I dont blame you because we all do the same shit and assume "our stuff" is better. Rap right now >>> 80s rap. It is one thing to say that you don't like the shit drake raps about but it is a whole other ballgame when you say modern rappers can't rap.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    You have a serious case of rose tinted glasses. I dont blame you because we all do the same shit and assume "our stuff" is better. Rap right now >>> 80s rap. It is one thing to say that you don't like the shit drake raps about but it is a whole other ballgame when you say modern rappers can't rap.
    Rose tinted glasses my ass. Rakim, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane would rap circles around all of these clowns out today, even WITH their 80s flow. The below was made by a SIXTEEN year old LL Cool J and lyrically shyts on most of what's out in the mainstream today. And btw, this was done by someone who was in the pioneering era of hip hip, not like these wack cats today that have THIRTY YEARS of innovation to be inspired from yet STILL have lazy, boring styles.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtzjJgLNsOI

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    I know all the eras of hip hop (though admittedly not so much the past 10 years or so mainstream because it's mostly garbage) and I call it like I see it. The funny thing is most people say older hip hop shyts on modern rap. It's clear to anyone with ears and discerning taste.]
    Lol

[QUOTE=andgar923]@ Kblaze

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by The-Legend-24
    "Real Hip Hop fans" are the worst.
    Problem with hip pop fans these days is that they couldn't give 2 shits if a guy can rap or not, long as dat beat hot

A lot of guys just get by mumbling and putting nigga at the end of every line. But dat beat hot doe so it don't matta

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Problem with hip pop fans these days is that they couldn't give 2 shits if a guy can rap or not, long as dat beat hot

A lot of guys just get by mumbling and putting nigga at the end of every line. But dat beat hot doe so it don't matta
    LOL yup. And on the real, I can get that not everyone is into music for the "art" of it. That is, some people just want a sound they can party to, listen to in their car, etc. and don't really have discerning tastes. But if that's you, then shut the f*ck up and stay in that lane.

Also, so Don Dada, Don Da Don Dada Don Dada. Sorry, every time I see your name it reminds me of the below and that part comes into my mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gd4570rK7iU