Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: What would you do if your teenage daughter got pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    zygotes dont equal humans.
    Tell me exactly when that becomes murder then? At precisely how long into gestation does something start to become human? Can't? Well then you'd better not kill it.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    Tell me exactly when that becomes murder then? At precisely how long into gestation does something start to become human? Can't? Well then you'd better not kill it.
    when viability outside the womb becomes possible.

i think no abortions past the 20th week is reasonable.

most doctors agree that fetuses dont become viable outside the womb until about the 22nd week.

iirc in america abortions are legal from at the latest the 20th week. in some states they become illegal as soon as the 12th week.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I wouldn't let my teenage daughter ruin her life that early to care for a baby she doesn't want. The world has 8 billion people, it's 2013, why would you have a baby that you don't want?

I love how the same people that post about no god and laugh at all the religious people suddenly are pro-life. Why? The removal of the group of cells offends you?
    You mean the baby YOU don't want. Tough. Better suck it up grand daddy and start learning how to change diapers because IT IS NOT YOUR DAMN DECISION whether or not she carries on with her pregnancy. She might once be daddy's little girl, but now she's billy's little wh*re once she allowed him to tear that precious family jewel up. This is the reason why your opinion is so idiotic: you can assume you can cover up the problem with brute force but not once can you point your fingers at bad parenting if the situation ever occurs.

Since it is YOUR failure as a father, you should bare some responsibility in HELPING her raise the child if she chooses to keep HER pregnancy at which YOU are at fault for not educating, and THUS preventing HER pregnancy. Remember, you don't want to follow in the footsteps of your dead beat dad; it's immoral to just abandon things when the going gets tough (I know this advice could be hard to swallow - you are jobless afterall).
    Last edited by IamRAMBO24; 09-17-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Banned

I'm well aware of the vague timeframe during which a fetus can live outside of the mother.

How did you reach the conclusion that a fetus isn't human until after reaching viability? Is this based upon anything or just an arbitrary line?

If you can't answer these questions then I don't think you should kill the person(?). I've not yet seen these questions answered satisfactorily, so I can't condone it.

Why are you talking to yourself?

NBA rookie of the year

I'm well aware of the vague timeframe during which a fetus can live outside of the mother.

How did you reach the conclusion that a fetus isn't human until after reaching viability? Is this based upon anything or just an arbitrary line?

If you can't answer these questions then I don't think you should kill the person(?). I've not yet seen these questions answered satisfactorily, so I can't condone it.
    to me until a fetus can survive on its own it is still a part of the mother and should be her decision whether or not she wishes to carry out the pregnancy.

And its not that vague a timeframe. less than 1% of fetuses can survive outside the womb before the 20th week.

you and our current laws disagree that fetuses are humans.

Furthermore I dont see the benefit to society of preventing a woman who wishes to terminate a pregnancy from doing so. The statistics are clear that woman if she is a teenage, is probably going to ruin her life by having the child. Unless by some miracle fluke the child turns out to be a professional athlete or something, she has probably made a decision that will financially cripple her for the rest of her life and doom her to a life of poverty and poor employment prospects.

If I remember correctly you oppose the government helping people with any form of welfare. You realize though that you are basically dooming these teenage girls to a lifetime of relying on government outlays if you force them to carry their unwanted pregnancies to term. Further its somewhat hypocritical to oppose government intervention in the lives of americans and yet support governments right to decide what a woman should do with her body.

You are probably not doing the unwanted fetus a favor by forcing its birth either.

1. the mother is unprepared and didnt plan to have this child. She is not prepared or responsible enough to take good care of this child. She might not have the resources to put this child in a good school or a good neighborhood
    2. the father probably wont be there for them
    3. by having the baby the mother has basically insured that she will not complete a post secondary education program. Which guarantees she will be poor, unless she is willing to be a stripper or something.
    4. In america if you are born rich you will probably die rich, and if your are born poor you will probably die poor. We live in a country with very little social mobility, statistically speaking at least.

I remember reading a book called freakonomics that showed evidence that correlated the drop in crime in america to the expansion in access to abortion. In any specific area once legislation was passed that expanded access to abortion, about 18-20 years later the crime rates plummeted. These studies were repeated in some eastern european country where legislation was passed to restrict abortion, and 18-20 years later crime skyrocketed.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    forgot to log on his alternate account

Banned

I wasn't, I was addressing MavSuperFan with that quote because I don't believe he paid enough attention to the words
    exactly" and "precisely." You are a very oblivious person if you missed this.

Rules #2 dont give fk* travelingman's Avatar

She might once be daddy's little girl, but now she's billy's little wh*re
    Had me rolling

I wasn't, I was addressing MavSuperFan with that quote because I don't believe he paid enough attention to the words
    exactly" and "precisely." You are a very oblivious person if you missed this.
    Or you forgot to log in your alt account.

7 billion + to be accurate.

But overall

the statistics are clear teenage motherhood is a disaster I have forgotten the specifics but, it is statistically unlikely for teenage mothers to finish college/university and get a job as anything other than a wage slave or a sex worker.

also it is extremely rare that the teenage father takes any role the girl or the baby's life. she will also have an extremely hard time dating.

Basically her financial, educational, and romantic prospects are ruined. Unless you hate your daughter you would do everything possible to convince her of getting an abortion.

Sex is a perfectly normal human urge. believe it or not girls want to have sex and find companionship too. Its 2013, stop shaming girls for being human.

zygotes dont equal humans.
    If ur gonna let ur teenage daughter skank around having sex at an age where she should be focused on getting into college then you're an irresponsible father. At that age, she will have many urges but it's your job to keep her from getting in trouble because she doesn't know any better at that age. She can have sex at a more appropriate age.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    If ur gonna let ur teenage daughter skank around having sex at an age where she should be focused on getting into college then you're an irresponsible father. At that age, she will have many urges but it's your job to keep her from getting in trouble because she doesn't know any better at that age. She can have sex at a more appropriate age.
    did you have sex in high school? You're a hypocrite if you did.

Besides sex happens, no matter how much parents try to stop it. Its why sex ed and access to condoms are so important. You will notice that teenaged pregnancy and teenage contraction of stds are highest in the most conservative states. Its not because their parents encourage them to have sex.

Good luck stopping your daughter from having sex, you will likely fail if she has the option to have sex.l

You know the stereotype about preacher's/reverend's daughters. I doubt their dads are encouraging them to have sex.

I remember being a teen, I did a ton of shit my parents would have disapproved of. Parents cant watch kids 24/7. Girls make mistakes all the time. No reason to burden them for their whole lives for 1 mistake that can be taken care of by an abortion.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 09-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Banned

to me until a fetus can survive on its own it is still a part of the mother and should be her decision whether or not she wishes to carry out the pregnancy.

And its not that vague a timeframe. less than 1% of fetuses can survive outside the womb before the 20th week.

you and our current laws disagree that fetuses are humans.

Furthermore I dont see the benefit to society of preventing a woman who wishes to terminate a pregnancy from doing so. The statistics are clear that woman if she is a teenage, is probably going to ruin her life by having the child. Unless by some miracle fluke the child turns out to be a professional athlete or something, she has probably made a decision that will financially cripple her for the rest of her life and doom her to a life of poverty and poor employment prospects.

If I remember correctly you oppose the government helping people with any form of welfare. You realize though that you are basically dooming these teenage girls to a lifetime of relying on government outlays if you force them to carry their unwanted pregnancies to term. Further its somewhat hypocritical to oppose government intervention in the lives of americans and yet support governments right to decide what a woman should do with her body.

You are probably not doing the unwanted fetus a favor by forcing its birth either.

1. the mother is unprepared and didnt plan to have this child. She is not prepared or responsible enough to take good care of this child. She might not have the resources to put this child in a good school or a good neighborhood
    2. the father probably wont be there for them
    3. by having the baby the mother has basically insured that she will not complete a post secondary education program. Which guarantees she will be poor, unless she is willing to be a stripper or something.
    4. In america if you are born rich you will probably die rich, and if your are born poor you will probably die poor. We live in a country with very little social mobility, statistically speaking at least.

I remember reading a book called freakonomics that showed evidence that correlated the drop in crime in america to the expansion in access to abortion. In any specific area once legislation was passed that expanded access to abortion, about 18-20 years later the crime rates plummeted. These studies were repeated in some eastern european country where legislation was passed to restrict abortion, and 18-20 years later crime skyrocketed.
    -Whether or not it's a part of the mother, is it a human?

-Laws and morality have little to do with one another.

-We are obviously having a disagreement as to the nature of the issue. You believe it's a matter of practicality, where as I see it as a human rights issue.

-You say that a society where these unwanted babies are born will be a crime-ridden society, I say that killing them is in-and-of-itself a crime.

if for some reason my daughter 100% wanted to keep it I would respect her wishes, but you better believe I would do everything possible to change her mind. ****ing up her life to make a point about when life begins doesn't strike me as a good idea.

I like how people like IAmRambo try to make points on this, how exactly would you have an opinion on something that required you not only having a woman touch you, but have sex, and then admit you were the father and let you see the kid. I don't think this is a concern you'll have.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    to clarify I would never encourage any teenager to have sex.

but i also dont live in a disney movie where teens need to be encouraged to have sex and it isnt what their natural evolutionary drive leads them to.

Your just being stupid if you think teens dont want to have sex. The statistics show you would be wrong in that assumption. Also you are equally stupid if you think parents can stop their kids from having sex. Look at states like alabama, mississippi, georgia, etc. Conservative christian states all of them. You think their parents are encouraging their daughters to have sex?

And yet they have the highest rates of teenage pregnancy and the highest rates of sexually transmitted diseases.

Its irresponsible to not give teens access to condoms. having sex too early may scar the a little, getting pregnant will scar them a lot, getting aids will ruin their lives.