Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Love Live Life

Default Re: 18 were shot within 4 hours

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    America NEEDS to deal with its gun issues.

I think if people were reminded about the gun deaths the way they were about deaths in Iraq everyday, public opinion would sway.

OH WAIT, public opinion has swayed, its simply lobbyists like the NRA are forcing this on a lot of people.

Look at this shit, this is the future of America. F*cking embarassing, like a goddamn warzone. I want to punch these people in the face so badly, but they'd probably shoot me...

I bet those two f*cking jarheads are probably chomping at the bit, praying something goes array so they can open fire. In reality they are just slightly less messed up than actual real mass murderers.
    Is this the Wild Wild West? I don't see the point in carrying guns in public places like that

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Is this the Wild Wild West? I don't see the point in carrying guns in public places like that

Because sometimes crazy people use public places to be violent, or take hostages, or do something generaly stupid. People have been attacked and killed by drunken bums on the subway.

Why would you NOT want to protect yourself. People with this mindset really puzzle me.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Those pics have been around, it's been debunked, if my memory serves me correct

Top one is cops in a Ca. Target following a training exercise
    The woman is a cop in Alaska and the Apple store one is either an Israeli soldier or one from Sweden who are required to carry their weapons even when off duty

Something like that, basically they are not everyday citizens carrying weapons

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    Those pics have been around, it's been debunked, if my memory serves me correct

Top one is cops in a Ca. Target following a training exercise
    The woman is a cop in Alaska and the Apple store one is either an Israeli soldier or one from Sweden who are required to carry their weapons even when off duty

Something like that, basically they are not everyday citizens carrying weapons
    Good

Thanks for that.

I really have no issue with Granny tits and the handgun, but the two rifles is over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Because sometimes crazy people use public places to be violent, or take hostages, or do something generaly stupid. People have been attacked and killed by drunken bums on the subway.

Why would you NOT want to protect yourself. People with this mindset really puzzle me.
    I don't know if I were to shoot up a apple store. I would notice the guy with the assault rifle on his back. He would be the first person Id disarm. But that's just me. And the need to have that on ur back has now rendered u useless as your post.

But gts explained the reasoning behind those photos.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    LOL Responsible. Open carry is irresponsible in this day and age.

Screw it. I'll just "stand my ground" against them. They were threatening me, and they had a gun!
    Except open carry individuals on a regular basis defend themselves and stop harm. How is that irresponsible?

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Yeah, it's one of the reasons I didn't enjoy visiting Israel and I'm not excited to visit the US. It's off-putting to me to see people wear weapons out in the open.
    Just shows how ignorant you are and how much the international media brainwashes you. I lived in Texas for 20 years and never saw one person carrying a weapon like those pictures or saw someone open carrying.

It's only offputting to you because you don't understand and it's been driven into you to fear guns.

The story involves gang members, what makes you think gun laws would deal with this issue? The guns were probably bought on the black market.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    I don't know if I were to shoot up a apple store. I would notice the guy with the assault rifle on his back. He would be the first person Id disarm. But that's just me. And the need to have that on ur back has now rendered u useless as your post.

But gts explained the reasoning behind those photos.
    If you notice the guy in the Apple store, no clip, gun's of no use at that moment.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Just shows how ignorant you are and how much the international media brainwashes you. I lived in Texas for 20 years and never saw one person carrying a weapon like those pictures or saw someone open carrying.

It's only offputting to you because you don't understand and it's been driven into you to fear guns.

No its off putting.

I grew up in a house that had a rack of rifles on the wall in the downstairs living room and a lot of my family members are still avid hunters. For me, killing defenseless animals doesn't make me happy, but I don't condemn anyone who hunts.

HOWEVER

when I travel to countries like The Philippines or Sri Lanka and see 110 pound boys in uniform with massive automatic assault rifles protecting a busy street corner or running the metal detector at some shopping mall, it is unsettling. Or worse somewhere like Cambodia where guns lie around in the open all over the place.

they have real problems in those places and very little stability. The US isn't like that. The need to carry big 'f*ck off' weaponry is only feeding the ego of the owner, not really protecting them nor making the streets a safer place. The US is stable, there is no need for battle ready equipment.

That being said I have no problem with a holstered hand gun.

NBA rookie of the year

No its off putting.

I grew up in a house that had a rack of rifles on the wall in the downstairs living room and a lot of my family members are still avid hunters. For me, killing defenseless animals doesn't make me happy, but I don't condemn anyone who hunts.

HOWEVER

when I travel to countries like The Philippines or Sri Lanka and see 110 pound boys in uniform with massive automatic assault rifles protecting a busy street corner or running the metal detector at some shopping mall, it is unsettling. Or worse somewhere like Cambodia where guns lie around in the open all over the place.

they have real problems in those places and very little stability. The US isn't like that. The need to carry big 'f*ck off' weaponry is only feeding the ego of the owner, not really protecting them nor making the streets a safer place. The US is stable, there is no need for battle ready equipment.

That being said I have no problem with a holstered hand gun.
    i agree with you 90% of instances, but recent statistics about the southside of chicago have been disturbing.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    i agree with you 90% of instances, but recent statistics about the southside of chicago have been disturbing.
    Yeah, fair enough, but walking around the Southside of Chicago in the most dangerous areas with an AR strapped to your back is still a bad idea. You are probably inviting more trouble.

I'd rather have a hand gun to be frank.

Most places aren't the Southside so things are skewing a bit to the overreaction side.

shhhhhhh

Speaking of the Southside

The 3 year old is going to be fine. Sounds like he'll need a couple rounds of plastic surgery to clean him up but otherwise he's OK

No its off putting....

The need to carry big 'f*ck off' weaponry is only feeding the ego of the owner, not really protecting them nor making the streets a safer place. The US is stable, there is no need for battle ready equipment.

this is the f*cking guy you are talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQakPtOQCJo

People who carry guns in open public like that are asking to be shot at and disarmed if someone decides to go crazy.

This opens up a can of worms as well.

A lot of people who shoot up places are insane or pretty close to it. They are not going to care in the end who has a gun or not. For example the Alexis shooting. Dude went into his place of work where he KNEW there were security guards who has handguns and shot people anyway including them. And he seemed like a pretty normal person on his outer shell.

I think the last thing we need is someone shooting up a public place then a civilian getting in a shoot out with him in open public.

It's just more chaos to me and not more order.

When it's all said and done, humans have been killing themselves for years and years. It's never going to be stopped and it can only be controlled to a certain people or prevented. I personally feel giving ever dick, larry and moe that can pass background checks and get one legally isn't the answer.