Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Vassilis Spanoulis (hurt or not) isn't an NBA player. ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME.

That isn't fair, the world only got to see 6 games of the almighty V-Span because Greece got their asses kicked too soon, despite being a weak tournament with low level competition due to the abundance of current and former NBA players!!

... I have to remind myself to be objective when watching Spanoulis / Greece. In all fairness he has become a fun player to watch, and it is unfair to judge him based on the insanity of some batshit idiot over internet.

Greece did disappoint, but Eurobasket was fun.
    Last edited by artificial; 09-24-2013 at 11:37 AM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Vassilis Spanoulis (Playing Hurt) #3 Scorer Of Tournament With 29 Current NBA Players

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Right...............because Mario freaking Chalmers is better than Spanoulis...........

Honestly, I don't think he is.

Good High School Starter Nashty's Avatar

Default Re: Vassilis Spanoulis (hurt or not) isn't an NBA player. ONLY YOURSELF TO BLAME.

NBA teams have an overall record of 42-9 against Euroleague teams.

NBA teams have a record of 31-2 when playing the games at home, under NBA rules, and with three NBA refs.

NBA teams have a record of 11-7 when playing the games away, under a combination of mixed NBA and FIBA rules, with two NBA refs and one Euroleague ref.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    You do realize that Peja and Seikaly count as Greek players right?
    Lebanese and Serbian.

Next.

Why would you try to back up your claims with stats when Vspans stat line ended up being pretty bad. Sure there were 11 NBA starters but there were only 2 stars and both of them clearly played better than Vspan. Plus he's playing against OTHER EUROS which would make his stats pretty pointless if you're using them to say the NBA isn't better. He wasn't playing against NBA teams.

Riddle me this. What current Euroleague player would be a top 10 nba player next year?
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 09-24-2013 at 02:44 PM.