Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Can Lebron guard Centers from the 70s, 80s, and 90s?

this thread.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    LeBron is still in the prime of his career. Wilt's legacy is already set in stone. Out-dueled by his biggest competitor 11-2 in rings. That is absolutely ****ing pathetic. With Wilt, all you're getting is excuses.
    I'm sure Wilt could have won 9 rings if he joined Red Aurabach's system. Unfortunately, Wilt never played in the same system more than two years. If you don't stack the deck in basketball its hard to win. Lebron knows that too well. He couldn't beat the Celtic system either and it freaked him. Do you think if Kobe or Durant joined San Antonio after 2010 Lebron would have any rings??? And Kobe would be working on his 9th ring and Duncan's 8th? 2 rings isn't pathetic by any measure either. And its not written in stone Lebron will surpass that, and that was luck (voodoo trickology) and Ray Allen that got that last ring. While I think Lebron is the best player right now, he knows what you don't know. Health, luck and a stacked deck is the key to winning it all in basketball, football or baseball.
    Last edited by Pointguard; 09-24-2013 at 05:38 PM.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    It is not a secret that you don't like LeBron. actually that is the whole reason for this thread. Don't let me catch you crying about trolls on this forum because you made this thread just because some heat trolls wrote that he can guard all positions which is not true.

he can't gaurd anyone who has big weight-height advantage like hibbert. He would have to stop carrying so much offense and bulk up even more to even try guarding guys like hibbert.
    He can guard guys like West though.
    I'm not trolling though.

I just want to know if people are serious when they make ridiculous statements like this.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I'm sure Wilt could have won 9 rings if he joined Red Aurabach's system. Unfortunately, Wilt never played in the same system more than two years. If you don't stack the deck in basketball its hard to win. Lebron knows that too well. He couldn't beat the Celtic system either and it freaked him. Do you think if Kobe or Durant joined San Antonio after 2010 Lebron would have any rings??? And Kobe would be working on his 9th ring and Duncan's 8th? 2 rings isn't pathetic by any measure either. And its not written in stone Lebron will surpass that, and that was luck (voodoo trickology) and Ray Allen that got that last ring. While I think Lebron is the best player right now, he knows what you don't know. Health, luck and a stacked deck is the key to winning it all in basketball, football or baseball.
    I'm skeptical these Heat teams, great as they are, beat either of Wilt's championship teams. Real skeptical. I still to this day think about where Lucious Jackson would have gone if injuries hadn't ruined his career. That man was monstrous. Most monstrous. Nobody is stopping Chet the Jet in his rampaging, savage drives. Nor Hal Greer or Jerry freaking West, either. Happy Hairston crazy good rebounder. Of course the rules have changed, strategies and tactics and skillsets have 40 years of study... it is what it is as far as era. But it'd be amazing to watch

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    I'm skeptical these Heat teams, great as they are, beat either of Wilt's championship teams. Real skeptical. I still to this day think about where Lucious Jackson would have gone if injuries hadn't ruined his career. That man was monstrous. Most monstrous. Nobody is stopping Chet the Jet in his rampaging, savage drives. Nor Hal Greer or Jerry freaking West, either. Happy Hairston crazy good rebounder. Of course the rules have changed, strategies and tactics and skillsets have 40 years of study... it is what it is as far as era. But it'd be amazing to watch
    Yeah the way refs call games is so different that its hard to call cross decades ball. Wilt would always be tall and fast, West a great shooter, Chet aggressive, Happy going hard at the boards and Greer hard nosed and smart and those things are always effective parts of the game. Miami is a quick, fast athletic, shooting, unselfish team. Both teams would be good in all era's. Miami did show a weakness in height in an era where height shouldn't be an issue. But I think they burnt themselves out on that winning streak and never regained form. Jury is still out on them and how they will deal with height.

College superstar

Of course he can guard them. He can guard anyone. He just wouldn't do a good job of it. Hell, I can guard them. I would just be terrible at it.

Of course, LeBron could guard those guys. He would get killed though. Especially prime Shaq LMAO.

everyone knows past eras are weak. today's athletes have better nutrition, better training, better equipment, etc. Wilt would be a poor man's Joel Anthony today, i tell you.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    everyone knows past eras are weak. today's athletes have better nutrition, better training, better equipment, etc. Wilt would be a poor man's Joel Anthony today, i tell you.