Page 14 of 42 FirstFirst ... 41112131415161724 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    man wiggins looks lost out there.. its like he doesnt even wanna play.. probably cant wait for the game to end so he can play his video games at home..

embiid is nice defensively but cant do anything on offense against some white scrub.. better prospect than oden.. sure

ellis wont be a good pro, probably out of the league and playing in europe

selden jr will be a steal
    Did you see how shitty Oden was in the post at Ohio State? This guy just started playing ball and is displaying advanced footwork and feel in the post.

Wiggins playing really bad but he does have a flu according to Self.... still, he needs to be way more assertive on the offensive end - like you guys said you sometimes forget he's even on the floor.

congratulations mason, you will be a regular on shaqtin a fool!

Wiggins is suspect. I'd take Parker and Randle over him if the draft was tomorrow. He could easily break out 1 day though and dominate so we'll see

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

LSU beats Butler to finish 3rd in the Old Spice Classic. Great coaching by Johnny Jones and co at the end of the game and in overtime.

Jesus this UNC team is terrible. Can't remember the last time they had this little talent.

May be the dumbest UNC team I've ever seen, too. F**k me, this team is awful.

I don't get McAdoo. Think that's his 3rd airball jumpshot already and he won't stop shooting them. He has a lane and he tries to avoid contact at all costs, forcing him to throw a layup (yes, throw), that hits the bottom of the rim. He's 0-3 from the line, including 2 front ends.

He's just bad at basketball. Or one of the most offensively challenged players to ever have the green light. Why Roy allows him to shoot is beyond me.

Clearly the Louisville win was a fluke. This team is worse than the 2010 team. I'm not even sure we'll make the NIT unless we get McDonald back. Miraculously get both Hairston and McDonald back in a timely manner, and we might sneak into the NCAA tournament as an 8 or 9 seed and we'll be 1 or 2 and done.

And UAB wins. Not even surprised. I'm 90% sure UAB is the better basketball team.

McAdoo needs to do UNC a favor and leave after this season while he has any draft stock left. Let Brice turn into an all conference player and give minutes for Hicks to develop.

NIT level loss for a NIT level team.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    And UAB wins. Not even surprised. I'm 90% sure UAB is the better basketball team.

McAdoo needs to do UNC a favor and leave after this season while he has any draft stock left. Let Brice turn into an all conference player and give minutes for Hicks to develop.

NIT level loss for a NIT level team.
    I'm closer to 100% sure they're the better team. They beat us in every facet tonight and just have better, more skilled players. Which is sad since they're UAB and we're UNC, but Roy's lackluster recruiting the last several years is really rearing its ugly head right now. I'm racking my brain to come up with one NBA player on this squad. I know McAdoo will probably somehow end up getting drafted based on potential, but he's nowhere close to an NBA player right now. Brice has the potential to be one, but that's as a late 1st rounder right now at best. Maybe Paige?

I think Paige, McAdoo, Johnson, and Hicks will all play in the NBA one day. Play, not stick... Possibly Meeks and James, although I have severe doubts. Meeks is pretty much a 6-9 center who can't move his feet and James is just a big body right now. But you know some NBA team will see that big body, the UNC blue, and give a real strong thought of drafting him. Their mistake.

This is like 2010 in that regard. We actually had 3 NBA players (Ed Davis, John Henson, and Tyler Zeller), but the problem was that 2 of them didn't develop into NBA players for another year (for Zeller) or two (for Henson). So it was Davis, Deon, and a bunch of borderline d1 players. Then the injuries happened.

Right now we have 1 guy clearly better than the rest (Paige=Davis), and a bunch of guys with that dreadful potential word.

The cavalry is on its way. Just have to deal with his season.

Pastner's first big game win? Or does the NCAA tourney game count? Either way..

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    I think Paige, McAdoo, Johnson, and Hicks will all play in the NBA one day. Play, not stick... Possibly Meeks and James, although I have severe doubts. Meeks is pretty much a 6-9 center who can't move his feet and James is just a big body right now. But you know some NBA team will see that big body, the UNC blue, and give a real strong thought of drafting him. Their mistake.

This is like 2010 in that regard. We actually had 3 NBA players (Ed Davis, John Henson, and Tyler Zeller), but the problem was that 2 of them didn't develop into NBA players for another year (for Zeller) or two (for Henson). So it was Davis, Deon, and a bunch of borderline d1 players. Then the injuries happened.

Right now we have 1 guy clearly better than the rest (Paige=Davis), and a bunch of guys with that dreadful potential word.

The cavalry is on its way. Just have to deal with his season.
    I just don't think UNC is a good system. Recruits go in, and their stock all fall. When is the last time a one and done actually became an one and done at UNC.

McAdoo was a top 5 recruit, early lotto talent at the end of his freshmen year. At rate he is going, he'll be lucky to go before 25 this year.

Barnes was a hot prospect, fell all the way down due to UNC's sytem. Now he is a very solid young player, no superstar talent, but well worth a top 5 pick.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    I just don't think UNC is a good system. Recruits go in, and their stock all fall. When is the last time a one and done actually became an one and done at UNC.

McAdoo was a top 5 recruit, early lotto talent at the end of his freshmen year. At rate he is going, he'll be lucky to go before 25 this year.

Barnes was a hot prospect, fell all the way down due to UNC's sytem. Now he is a very solid young player, no superstar talent, but well worth a top 5 pick.
    Yeah, what a shitty system. All it's done is net Roy Williams/UNC two national championships, three Final Fours, three Elite Eights, and five ACC regular season championships in 10 seasons. Is the system dependent on the right players? Sure, but it's a damn good system with the right parts.

What's happened is he's fallen behind in recruiting the last several , had more than his fair share of bad luck with injuries to key players, and had players unexpectedly leave. If you'd like, we could look back at coach K's and Duke's five or six year stretch with postseason failure after postseason failure, undeveloped/slowly developed 5* recruits, etc. And 2010 aside, Duke/K have only been past the Sweet 16 once in nearly 10 years.