Page 18 of 42 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 Observation Deck

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Some good matchups tonight fellas.
    KU v. Florida should be a good one. Let's see how they bounce back after that upset to Colorado. Expect Embiid to play much better.

also, anyone got the scoop on Rashad Vaughn??? where he's leaning, handlers etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    also, anyone got the scoop on Rashad Vaughn??? where he's leaning, handlers etc.?
    Pete Kaffey is his handler/mentor. From what I understand, he wants a job at whatever school Vaughn ends up going to. To support this, when Vaughn made the move from Cooper to Findlay Prep (the Las Vegas basketball factory), Kaffey took up a job as a coach there. That rumor has been going on long before Vaughn left Minnesota.

Vaughn took OVs to Iowa State and UNLV already. He has one set for UNC in February. Don't think he has any other OVs set.

Baylor and Minnesota on the outside looking in.

Although I read a week or two ago that UK entered the picture. However, former 2015 recruit, Montaque Gill-Caesar reclassified not that long ago and many seem to think he did so for UK. Something is going to happen there.

Only my guess: UNLV leads, with possibly Iowa State getting him.

UK is always a wildcard, so there's a slight possibility there. As for UNC, Roy won't deal with Kaffey. If Vaughn ever drops Kaffey, then we will talk.

has anyone like seriously played a worse half than kansas tonight in the history of college basketbal?

Celtics/Red Sox/Eagles UConnCeltics's Avatar

Florida's 1-3-1 is a thing of beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
    Pete Kaffey is his handler/mentor. From what I understand, he wants a job at whatever school Vaughn ends up going to. To support this, when Vaughn made the move from Cooper to Findlay Prep (the Las Vegas basketball factory), Kaffey took up a job as a coach there. That rumor has been going on long before Vaughn left Minnesota.

Vaughn took OVs to Iowa State and UNLV already. He has one set for UNC in February. Don't think he has any other OVs set.

Baylor and Minnesota on the outside looking in.

Although I read a week or two ago that UK entered the picture. However, former 2015 recruit, Montaque Gill-Caesar reclassified not that long ago and many seem to think he did so for UK. Something is going to happen there.

Only my guess: UNLV leads, with possibly Iowa State getting him.

UK is always a wildcard, so there's a slight possibility there. As for UNC, Roy won't deal with Kaffey. If Vaughn ever drops Kaffey, then we will talk.
    I know a lot of Gil-Caesar, used to play in Toronto. I think he was put in the 2015 because he missed a year of school/had to make it up. Reclassified just like Wiggins did. Pretty sure he's UK bound.

I heard everything from U of Minnesota to MSU on Vaughn. Reason I asked about his handlers is his list constantly changes. You are probably right about Kaffey. But what I don't understand is why he went to Findlay? He's a 5 star recruit anywhere he plays and he can go to any school he wants. Why does he even need to be there? Something didn't smell right from the get go.

man what is Kansas doing? They look lost on offense. Tarik Black a huge disappointment if I were a KU fan.

tell me wiggins aint the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    I know a lot of Gil-Caesar, used to play in Toronto. I think he was put in the 2015 because he missed a year of school/had to make it up. Reclassified just like Wiggins did. Pretty sure he's UK bound.

I heard everything from U of Minnesota to MSU on Vaughn. Reason I asked about his handlers is his list constantly changes. You are probably right about Kaffey. But what I don't understand is why he went to Findlay? He's a 5 star recruit anywhere he plays and he can go to any school he wants. Why does he even need to be there? Something didn't smell right from the get go.
    IIRC, his list has fluctuated too much. My concern has always been the names on the list. Baylor, Minnesota (home town), Iowa State, UNLV? This guy was once considered the top wing prospect in his class and still ranks right up around there. It's an interesting list. Also when Baylor is seriously considered, I always see that as a redflag.

Anyway, I think the move to Findlay Prep was for basketball reasons. Possibly to acclimate himself away from home, better facilities, more games, more national exposure, playing with more talent... Then Kaffey landed a job there.

Wiggins taking over right now. His college career is going about how I predicted. Still think he blows up about 2-3 years into his NBA career.

I like James Young. I'm abandoning Selden for now.

wow Kansas looks like hot trash. at least Wiggins showed some life in the 2nd half, good sign going forward. and Brannen Greene clearly needs more PT, Tarik Black clearly less.

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    has anyone like seriously played a worse half than kansas tonight in the history of college basketbal?

California scored 5 points in a half one time, but outside of that - I don't think so.

Wiggins vs ranked teams (W Duke, L Florida)
    24/9.5 with a 53/40/86 line.

Parker vs ranked teams (W Michigan, L Arizona, L Kansas)
    20.3/6 with a 43/29/79 line.

I like to see how the big prospects play vs ranked opponents, and Wiggins clearly has the edge here. Thought that Parker was the better player but lesser prospect. I think it's clear up that Wiggins is the best of the freshman as well as the top prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

I like to see how the big prospects play vs ranked opponents, and Wiggins clearly has the edge here. Thought that Parker was the better player but lesser prospect. I think it's clear up that Wiggins is the best of the freshman as well as the top prospect.
    Wiggins was terrible in the last 7 mins of the Florida game. Aside from his rebounding (which is elite for a wing at this level) he didn't try to attack at all down the stretch. Really disappointed me.

Quote Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

Villanova is ranked too. Also, might wanna factor in that Kansas won't be ranked after this week. jus saying.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Villanova is ranked too. Also, might wanna factor in that Kansas won't be ranked after this week. jus saying.
    I only count teams that are ranked when they play them. Games vs a ranked opponent as opposed to unranked opponent have a very different feel.