Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

Default Re: I think I've lost contact with a girl I like a whole lot

Quote Originally Posted by BuGzBuNNy

Me (this past Monday): Sent her a picture of me smiling and said "Your turn"

is this the pic you sent?

She sounds like she was pretty friendly with you but how do u explain her not responding to any of your sad sounding texts

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Believe me. We've all been there.
    Exactly. Every man here has had salt thrown on their game and put in the friend zone like a Superman villain.

Just wondering if the OP just plain doesn't realize what's going on or if he's really that oblivious.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by DonDadda59
    Has nothing to do with her wanting a jerk or not.

Just sounds from everything you're telling us that this girl has absolutely no romantic interest in you whatsoever, but is too nice to let you know it outright. She labeled you as a 'really nice guy' (friend zone, brah), is always too busy to hang out with you (not even 10 min for a quick lunch?), and doesn't even bother to respond to your ridiculous texts.

Let me ask you this, and I want you to answer honestly- what has she done, said, etc to make it clear to you she wants to be anything but platonic... if even that?
    I've never thought she wanted to be anything other than platonic. What more is there though? She's not the type that would ever have a f*ck buddy. She was in a relationship with this guy for 8 years and she's only 22 now. She's not going to marry a guy because she thinks he is hot. I just don't want to lose contact with her and then once she's ready for a relationship again I'll be there (bare with me, I know how awkward that sounds).

No you don't realize how awkward and idiotic you sound. Likely because you're just an idiot kid with delusional fantasies and zero comprehension of what makes a solid relationship. Move on. You have no chance.
    Last edited by DeuceWallaces; 09-26-2013 at 11:40 PM.

I can text her but it'd be the 4th text by me in a row and it'd probably just push her further away. I will see her again. This is only because I know a class she's in this semester (the time and place) and I WILL go there, ha. Call it what you want but if I don't I will most likely NEVER see her again. If I didn't have a way of seeing her again I can't imagine how I'd feel.

This situation has me worried about my future. She's occupied more of my time than anything else over the past year. She's the only girl I've known that I'd spend the rest of my life with. I met her in a class a year ago this time. We've NEVER hung out. The only way we've kept in contact is through text and she'd often forget to respond to my messages. I never whined about it or brought it up. I didn't really think she was intentionally ignoring my messages.

When we started talking she'd recently got out of an 8 year relationship and has a kid by the guy thats now almost 2. This is one of the reasons she says she couldn't get back in a relationship just yet. That and a busy schedule. I completely understood that and basically told her I would wait as long as it took.

Here's how the previous 5 texts went (something like this)
    Me (~2 weeks ago): "Do you know that I think about you every day? Just wondering."
    Her (~4 hours later): "I'm surprised after what I put you through with my ex! I still can't believe all that happened! How has your semester been?"
    Me (that same day): "I don't care about that, I'm just glad I haven't chased you away. I can still remember at the beginning of the semester when you told me some guy in your previous class had been trying to date you lol. You probably said the same thing about me the semester after that ha. All is going well in school. Do you have any siblings?"
    Me (this past Monday): Sent her a picture of me smiling and said "Your turn"
    Me (Tuesday): "I've made such a fool of myself. Sorry if I annoyed you along the way. You never even gave me your number to begin with, it was part of us being in the same group. I just hate that we never got to know each other, thats whats killing me the most."

Ask and I'll tell.

that's weak bro...
    [COLOR="White"]but at one point i might try it[/COLOR]

Banned

I've never thought she wanted to be anything other than platonic. What more is there though? She's not the type that would ever have a f*ck buddy. She was in a relationship with this guy for 8 years and she's only 22 now. She's not going to marry a guy because she thinks he is hot. I just don't want to lose contact with her and then once she's ready for a relationship again I'll be there (bare with me, I know how awkward that sounds).
    So you're a scavenger

I've seen your type way too many times. Every guy who's had a girlfriend has encountered your ilk. That weirdo, thirsty male 'friend' who plays the nice guy with the sole end goal of getting into her pants once you're out of the picture.

Just gonna hover around and wait for your turn to pick at whatever carcass is left on the bones. No better than a common vulture. Pathetic.

I'll bet good money too she still f*cks her ex from time to time.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

if thats the case, then play the friend card, not the I want to hide in your closet card. Showing up at her class will probably turn out horrible for you. If she hasnt been replying to your texts, how awkward will it be when you hide out outside her classroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear

that's weak bro...
    [COLOR="White"]but at one point i might try it[/COLOR]
    Come on Jameer, even your butt grab was more impressive than that.

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo

is this the pic you sent?
    This is http://i1321.photobucket.com/albums/...pse893d285.png
    Have fun...

She sounds like she was pretty friendly with you but how do u explain her not responding to any of your sad sounding texts
    At the time I honestly just thought it was due to things she had going on in life. When I found out she had a child by this guy I asked her something along the lines of "should I back off?" She made it very clear to me that she wanted to keep in touch.

Good High School Starter

if thats the case, then play the friend card, not the I want to hide in your closet card. Showing up at her class will probably turn out horrible for you. If she hasnt been replying to your texts, how awkward will it be when you hide out outside her classroom?
    well I wouldn't just stand right outside thhe door, I'd probably hang out somewhere I know she's going to pass by. I can't imagine her blowing me off but if so then at least I'll be able to move on...
    Last edited by BuGzBuNNy; 09-26-2013 at 11:47 PM.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

people are being ***** in this thread, but I do think that OP is acting naive about the situation. She sounds like a very nice young lady, but she is not interested in you. Waiting around for her to be ready for a relationship is silly. Either you make her heart flutter or you dont (now, yes, sometimes longterm friends end up realizing they care for each other, but its rare). I think setting it up so you run into her on campus seems reasonable, but dont expect too much. She is probably back with her douchey ex. Dont dwell on it and let it ride. Who knows, maybe she texts you sometime down the road. But I would drop the texting for now.

Her response should tell you the whole deal.

She immediately switched to a different topic. She didn't reciprocate, or anything close to push the envelope further, so take it for what it is. She doesn't like you.

well I wouldn't just stand right outside thhe door, I'd probably hang out somewhere I know she's going to pass by. I can't imagine her blowing me off but if so then at least I'll be able to move on...
    Dude if you show up where she is and you have no legit reason to already be there AFTER she hasn't responded to your repeated texts, her alarm bells will go off and she'll probably freak. Horrible move. I'd write it off like the others have said. If she reaches out to you (unlikely), then you're free to re-engage. If not, leave her alone.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

It's time to move on now.

She would probably blow you off in a delicate fashion that you wouldn't even be able to comprehend. You obviously aren't too good at taking a hint.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

You ain't the one, bruh. She done wit you.

I can already tell how annoying you are with those overeager eyes.