Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Warcraft movie got a release date!

It's official!

Really looking forward to it

Default Re: Warcraft movie got a release date!

Its only been talked about being made for years, I'm surprised they are actually making it.

Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

If they made it 10 years ago it might've been good. They turned really cartoony with WC3, and even more so with WoW. It would be hard to take a movie set in that world seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    If they made it 10 years ago it might've been good. They turned really cartoony with WC3, and even more so with WoW. It would be hard to take a movie set in that world seriously.
    WC3 RoC and TFT would certainly make a serious movie, WoW not so much and I'm not fan of WoW so I hope they don't go for that...

Want to see Illidan kicking some ass!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    I cant wait for this scene in theaters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7A19TPN_k

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Will it be a cartoon movie or something like Lord of the Rings? Either way I'm watching it 100% would prefer cartoon but still.

I think its far more likely the game is based on WoW and not one of the original Warcraft games.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I cant wait for this scene in theaters

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr7A19TPN_k
    I've heard tell that the goal isn't to tell a Warcraft story that's already been told in the games. The writers are telling an original story, but it will feature several characters we already know. Its got to be something set in a post-Mists world that somehow introduces general audiences to Azeroth.

Yeah, still playing WoW going on nine years now

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Will it be a cartoon movie or something like Lord of the Rings? Either way I'm watching it 100% would prefer cartoon but still.
    I want to say it will be animated because some of the cutscenes, and trailers they have released for new patches and or expansions have been really nice quality. But when I see that Colin Farrell has been offered a lead role I can't see it just being for a voice.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/2...warcraft-movie

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I've heard tell that the goal isn't to tell a Warcraft story that's already been told in the games. The writers are telling an original story, but it will feature several characters we already know. Its got to be something set in a post-Mists world that somehow introduces general audiences to Azeroth.

Yeah its going to be an original adaption of a lore story line is my guess, and I agree it makes the most sense promotions wise for it to be based on the current WoW expansion or just after it.

Don't feel bad, i've still got my subscription as well.. even though I haven't played in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    I want to say it will be animated because some of the cutscenes, and trailers they have released for new patches and or expansions have been really nice quality. But when I see that Colin Farrell has been offered a lead role I can't see it just being for a voice.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/09/2...warcraft-movie
    The budget for this movie is somewhere in the low $200 million range. I'm thinking with that kind of scratch, they could be going Avatar-style action. Digitize the world and the characters, put real actors in the suits and let them play out and interact with actual human actors as much as possible.

The budget for this movie is somewhere in the low $200 million range. I'm thinking with that kind of scratch, they could be going Avatar-style action. Digitize the world and the characters, put real actors in the suits and let them play out and interact with actual human actors as much as possible.
    If thats true about their budget then yes, this would be the best method. I just assumed that if it took this long to actually make any moves towards the movie after the rights were given to legendary pictures years ago, they wouldn't have a large budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    If thats true about their budget then yes, this would be the best method. I just assumed that if it took this long to actually make any moves towards the movie after the rights were given to legendary pictures years ago, they wouldn't have a large budget.
    I think the Blizzard folks were horribly particular about who was writing/directing this thing. They waited for years to settle on Sam Raimi and then he just took every project in the universe and ignored Warcraft. Duncan Jones is an interesting decision. We'll see I guess.

I think the Blizzard folks were horribly particular about who was writing/directing this thing. They waited for years to settle on Sam Raimi and then he just took every project in the universe and ignored Warcraft. Duncan Jones is an interesting decision. We'll see I guess.
    Hopefully its worth the wait, it comes out around the same time as some other big named releases like Avengers 2, Superman vs Batman, and the New Jurassic Park movie.

NBA rookie of the year

Why cant they just tell the story of Arthas.

and end the movie with this scene.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMRhnC4-QGQ

why cant they just give the fans what they want.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 10-01-2013 at 07:12 PM.