Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Banned

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA MVP **official prediction thread**

LeBron.

If Silver decides that he wants to have some change from the usual LeBron, I think KD will have a monster scoring season with no Harden or Martin and it'll be given to him.

D-Wade

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    D-Wade

1. Derrick Rose or Steph Curry (tied, idk who to pick lol) Both 2 of my top 5 fav players. D Rose gonna come back from injury and shit on the league. And Steph is gonna be even greater next season. He also has a solid high powered squad to work with. I'm hoping for a Steph-Rose Co MVP, but ofcource if I had to pick 1, I'd pick Derrick Rose for MVP.

2. Durant.(but overshadowed at times by true team leader Westbrook's emergence)

3. LeBron (although media will prob vote him even with regular numbers)

Darkhorse: Kobe Bryant- In a perfect world I could see Kobe leading the forgotten Lakers to a 55 win season. Would prob finish 2nd to the Thunders record, but Kobe would have beaten Thunder twice during the regular season, and then avg 27-6-7 on 48%Fg and get votes off of being old and coming off injury and his late game clutch ability and his multiple 40pt games with 2 50pt games in there. (I know, delusional-esque but a man can dream right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    KD will win barring injury. The talk around OKC is Durant has been working harder than ever and I talked to PJ3 the other day and he told me Durant is in rare form. - He's angry. Focused. Driven more than ever and the Westbrook injury makes him want to prove himself even more.

The talk about him getting bigger and stronger is absolutely true, PJ said he hes the best post player on OKC and he's going to feast this year. Also talked about how his defense will be elite this year too.

Dudes not even bullshitting either, he said he saw this guy improve tremendously this offseason mentally and physically. He said everyone on the team is willing to sacrifice everything to win a ring.

Expect big things from Durant this year - and the Thunder as a whole. I feel like people are underestimating the grit of this team and forget they have two top 5 players and a huge chip on their shoulder. They hear all the chatter about not having enough pieces to win and that motivates every single guy on the club more than you can imagine.

Thunder 2014 Champs - I don't envision any other outcome
    Perry Jones has been saying it all year.

I trust this guys word.

Who would have guessed that shit wouldn't even be close this year?

LeBron looks like a shell of his former self and Durant is now clearly the best player on the planet. It's crazy how shit can chance in just one year.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Kobe's gonna pull a Peyton Manning.

career over? nope, better than ever.

watch it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Who would have guessed that shit wouldn't even be close this year?

LeBron looks like a shell of his former self and Durant is now clearly the best player on the planet. It's crazy how shit can chance in just one year.
    Shit is cray.

His hairline took another step back too. Shit changes very quickly. Gotta enjoy the short time we have.

I think I'll go with Durant

KD got it this year, he could had it maybe even last year aswell if Westbrook was out like this season... i always said that if Westbrook didnt play it could either catapult him towards the MVP or break his MVP candidacy (risk of KD/OKC losing to much afterall)... This season he finally had the type of offensive freedom he never had before, if Westbrook was out last season for example i think we would have seen the exact same productions from KD aswell, what you have seen this season from him is not necessarily the entire result of an improvement, but mostly the result of offensive freedom..... and it thankfully translated to team success aswell...

I mean i think KD has been THIS statistically capable since a couple of years ago maybe... the difference this season is his career high level off. possessions & usage % as he was even allowed to handle the ball/orchestrate the offense for an entire game if he wished..... he wouldnt be that productive if Westbrook was around the entire season and imo that could have maybe even bottlenecked his MVP candidacy just a tiny bit... just like last year.... and that tiny bit is all it takes to cost you the MVP when you are up against Lebron for MVP, KD really needed to give his absolute best performance throughout the entire season & win while doing so..... and it happened, congrats!

OP's pick tho

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    OP's pick tho
    OP is known idiot, so no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780

If Silver decides that he wants to have some change from the usual LeBron, I think KD will have a monster scoring season with no Harden or Martin and it'll be given to him.
    the prophet

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

KD will win barring injury. The talk around OKC is Durant has been working harder than ever and I talked to PJ3 the other day and he told me Durant is in rare form. - He's angry. Focused. Driven more than ever and the Westbrook injury makes him want to prove himself even more.

The talk about him getting bigger and stronger is absolutely true, PJ said he hes the best post player on OKC and he's going to feast this year. Also talked about how his defense will be elite this year too.

Dudes not even bullshitting either, he said he saw this guy improve tremendously this offseason mentally and physically. He said everyone on the team is willing to sacrifice everything to win a ring.

Expect big things from Durant this year - and the Thunder as a whole. I feel like people are underestimating the grit of this team and forget they have two top 5 players and a huge chip on their shoulder. They hear all the chatter about not having enough pieces to win and that motivates every single guy on the club more than you can imagine.

Thunder 2014 Champs - I don't envision any other outcome
    Perry Jones has been saying it all year.

I trust this guys word.
    Gotta credit KD's ball handling more than his post-play and defense for this MVP season though.

Rose is quite overrated around here. Look at all those guys picking him.
    Even if he wasn't injured he souldn't be consider MVP material and we all should agree that 2011 was a travesty.