Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: 2013-2014 NBA MVP **official prediction thread**

KD will win barring injury. The talk around OKC is Durant has been working harder than ever and I talked to PJ3 the other day and he told me Durant is in rare form. - He's angry. Focused. Driven more than ever and the Westbrook injury makes him want to prove himself even more.

The talk about him getting bigger and stronger is absolutely true, PJ said he hes the best post player on OKC and he's going to feast this year. Also talked about how his defense will be elite this year too.

Dudes not even bullshitting either, he said he saw this guy improve tremendously this offseason mentally and physically. He said everyone on the team is willing to sacrifice everything to win a ring.

Expect big things from Durant this year - and the Thunder as a whole. I feel like people are underestimating the grit of this team and forget they have two top 5 players and a huge chip on their shoulder. They hear all the chatter about not having enough pieces to win and that motivates every single guy on the club more than you can imagine.

Thunder 2014 Champs - I don't envision any other outcome

LeBron James

All he needs to do is put up a similiar season, even a little less than he did last year and he'll win it unless Durant improves by leaps and bounds.

Good High School Starter Miller for 3's Avatar

Dwight Howard

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Miller for 3
    Dwight Howard

Banned

Marco Belinelli

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101
    LeBron is going to win it unless the Thunder win something like 65 games...

Also, Dwight Howard is the only other player apart from KD and LB, Rose is very good, but he's not going to win over prime LeBron and KD..
    Are you serious? Durant is in a perfect position to win this year. Will be without Westbrook for the first month or two. As long as he puts up the stats he's supposed to, remains injury free, and OKC secures a top 3 seed in the deep ass west, he'll get the benefit of the doubt because of his lack of a supporting cast that James has. I think Rose is a better candidate than James this year. The Heat will be in cruise mode in the reg season - James will be worried about remaining healthy and building up team chemistry for the playoffs - Durant on the other hand feels like this is HIS time and he has incentive to go hard every single game of the reg season. Huge chip on his shoulder and lets not forget James already has 4 and voters are known to spread the wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Are you serious? Durant is in a perfect position to win this year. Will be without Westbrook for the first month or two. As long as he puts up the stats he's supposed to, remains injury free, and OKC secures a top 3 seed in the deep ass west, he'll get the benefit of the doubt because of his lack of a supporting cast that James has. I think Rose is a better candidate than James this year. The Heat will be in cruise mode in the reg season - James will be worried about remaining healthy and building up team chemistry for the playoffs - Durant on the other hand feels like this is HIS time and he has incentive to go hard every single game of the reg season. Huge chip on his shoulder and lets not forget James already has 4 and voters are known to spread the wealth.
    The Heat will not be in cruise mode this year, in interviews in camp i read about James and Spo talking about how the East has improved and that Home Court will be crucial.

I don't know if the Thunder will stay as a top 3 team in the West with Westbrook out a month or more.

I don't know if the Bulls will win more games than the Heat. So Rose is not a better MVP candidate in any argument.

What i know is that LeBron will be at his absolute peak this year after improving on 3-point shooting, post game and now free-throws.

I know that LeBron is better than Durant, and the Heat are going for a 3-peat.

LeBron is probably going to win the MVP.

Who will deserve it? LeBron or Paul

Who will win it? Durant because the media votes on the MVP award and they will try to create even more of a rivalry for Durant/LeBron.

LBJ
    Dark horse: James Harden/Kevin Love

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    LBJ
    Dark horse: James Harden/Kevin Love
    I actually hope Love has an MVP kind of season, but i don't know if they will have a good enough record for him to be taken seriously. I expect the Wolves to win around 47-49 games.

Harden will probably have awesome stats, but i would expect Howard to have more votes.

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Dwight Howard will win it while playing on a 62 win Rockets

LeBron will most likely win it, as long as Miami ends up with a top 2 overall record. Best player on the best team, not much of a comparison.

Durant will end up second, yet again. Paul will finish in third with Rose/Howard at a distant fourth/fifth. I could see Curry possibly cracking the top five as well.

Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Derrick Rose, or Dwight Howard.

lebron

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

It really depends how Durant plays through the first month or so without Russ. If he and the team plays great...it would be a really big plus for him if the race is close towards the end of the season.