Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: What were you like at 15?

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    millwad you actually seem like a really nice person in real life
    I try to be a good person in real life, ISH is not representative of how I deal with people in real life.

I have been through alot as well, but at the same time I feel that I missed out on alot of my childhood and youth due to basketball. It took longer time for me to realize what really matters in life compared to others.

When you have a great interest for something, in my case basketball, you forget about everything else that life has to offer. I still remember when I dislocated my knee, I had the "what now?" feeling and felt so out of place and depressed. You're now the age I was when I gave up everything for bouncing a ball, don't do what I did, enjoy your life and let different experiences make you rich.

I still ball though, my knee somewhat heeled and I play in the 2nd division so the level is still good but now it's so much more fun. I can't care less if I win or not, I can't care less if I play a good game or not. It's only a game and everything else in life is what matters for me.

Enjoy your youth, big fella.

Really got into working out and was stronger than basically everyone in my grade (Made the 800 pound club as a sophomore = combined bench/clean/squat). I wanted to play football so I wanted to become as strong as I could possibly get... didn't end up going through with though peacing out after a few spring practices. But hey at least I was strong as shit.

Other than that, playing madden constantly with a couple friends, playing bball, watching sports, going to lake, and living the good life man. I was still in that 12 year old boy just go out exploring with buddies phase.

Quote Originally Posted by millwad
    I try to be a good person in real life, ISH is not representative of how I deal with people in real life.

I have been through alot as well, but at the same time I feel that I missed out on alot of my childhood and youth due to basketball. It took longer time for me to realize what really matters in life compared to others.

When you have a great interest for something, in my case basketball, you forget about everything else that life has to offer. I still remember when I dislocated my knee, I had the "what now?" feeling and felt so out of place and depressed. You're now the age I was when I gave up everything for bouncing a ball, don't do what I did, enjoy your life and let different experiences make you rich.

I still ball though, my knee somewhat heeled and I play in the 2nd division so the level is still good but now it's so much more fun. I can't care less if I win or not, I can't care less if I play a good game or not. It's only a game and everything else in life is what matters for me.

Well said,Millwad.

I can definitely relate to that "what now?" feeling.

Thanks
    Basketball was always my dream, so I could see why you can get sucked up in it so easily.

Sunshine State

Smoking weed at 15? I was afraid to skip school for a day

a ps2 playing, dipset listening, chicken farm working, samoan football athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Shaqtus
    Smoking weed at 15? I was afraid to skip school for a day
    I know right?
    I'd get my ass whooped if I got caught doing stuff like that.

Really skinny and short (I didn't hit 100 pounds until sometime sophomore year of HS).

Bratty little smart ass

Huge Steve Francis fan, owned almost all his pairs of shoes and 5-6 jerseys

Wasn't really good with women until I grew some because most of them saw me as a little brother, which is part of why i started acting so obnoxious.

Wore insanely baggy clothes. even at 100 pounds I was wearing XXL shirts and size 34 jeans/shorts

Wore a LOT of chains. Rocked like 3-4 at a time for a while and eventually upgraded to a 48 inch chain with a huge cross covered in cubic zirconia

edit: This was around that age (frighteningly, the only reason I even have this picture is because Millwad had it for some reason and I saved it)

Last edited by B-Low; 10-10-2013 at 07:28 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by B-Low
    Really skinny and short (I didn't hit 100 pounds until sometime sophomore year of HS).

Bratty little smart ass

Wasn't really good with women until I grew some because most of them saw me as a little brother, which is part of why i started acting so obnoxious.

Wore insanely baggy clothes. even at 100 pounds I was wearing XXL shirts and size 34 jeans/shorts

Wore a LOT of chains. Rocked like 3-4 at a time for a while and eventually upgraded to a 48 inch chain with a huge cross covered in cubic zirconia

edit: This was around that age (frighteningly, the only reason I even have this picture is because Millwad had it for some reason and I saved it)

Not true, you posted it in the "Post a pic"-thread and I didn't save the pic. I reposted the first pics of the thread. I also claimed I was a middle eastern guy with a unibrow.

Here's your post: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...64725&page=294
    Last edited by millwad; 10-10-2013 at 07:53 PM.

Not true, you posted it in the "Post a pic"-thread and I didn't save the pic. I reposted the first pics of the thread. I also claimed I was a middle eastern guy with a unibrow.
    Ah. I wonder how many pics are scattered among the 7 PAP threads

NBA rookie of the year

Ah. I wonder how many pics are scattered among the 7 PAP threads
    Haha, crazy many. My personal favourite is the cool fella with the unibrow.

But I most say this, you've become a beast compared to the kid in that pic.

Haha, crazy many. My personal favourite is the cool fella with the unibrow.

But I most say this, you've become a beast compared to the kid in that pic.

Was the unibrow guy Vishal or was there another one?

Bratty little smart ass

Did you eat?

NBA rookie of the year

Was the unibrow guy Vishal or was there another one?
    Haha, no, wasn't Vishal the Indian guy who mocked people over their "bad physique" and bragged about himself. He had just days earlier posted a pic of himself in the "pap"-thread and he was some random thin Indian kid and people got a good laugh out of it.

The unibrow was some other poster, I remember that the unibrow was a cool guy though.

Here's your post by the way: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...64725&page=294

NBA rookie of the year

Haha, B-low, never realized that the pic Vishal posted of himself was used against so many times in discussions. Even found this, haha;