Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He already has a nickname. It's Greek Freak. And he's 6-10, not 6-9.

It's also hilarious how he puts up better stats in the NBA than he did in the SECOND division in Greece.

"vastly superior NBA"

Euroleague now has a new opportunity to make another Greek player mocked, hated and ridiculed by the entire ISH community and legions of NBA fans.

He already has a nickname. It's Greek Freak. And he's 6-10, not 6-9.

It's also hilarious how he puts up better stats in the NBA than he did in the SECOND division in Greece.

"vastly superior NBA"

Didn't he played like one game in the preseason? And stats depend on time played on the court. If the Euroleague didn't give him a chance because they are morons and the NBA give the kid time so they can have a talented player in the future it is possible for the kid to have better stats on the NBA.

It is worst though when a player who was supposed to be the next TMac is given time and he just plays horrible while a lesser player like Arroyo was actually a solid role player when he was on the NBA...

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I made a thread about him in May. I thought he was for sure the player with the most upside in this draft and was really worried that OKC was going to get him. His coordination, left hand and handle is amazing at his age. I saw him run full speed, dribble and dunk left handed like only John Wall can do with the off hand. Also has great court vision. Was making threes pretty easy too.

The argument against him was weird to me. Like he couldn't adjust to bigger fast guys but they have no evidence of that. Especially when he looked taller and faster than anybody I have seen since Durant.
    All of that was completely made up and imagined anyway. The comments about "he plays against 6-5 slow high school guys" were all imagined and fake.

He played against 7 footers and grown professionals in Greece's 2nd league. But US sports media did some serious lying about him.

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    Euroleague now has a new opportunity to make another Greek player mocked, hated and ridiculed by the entire ISH community and legions of NBA fans.
    He was getting better stats in NBA preseason than in 2nd Greek League that NBA "experts" in US said was "below US high school level" and that on the draft night they even said was "at US junior high level"..............

Always nice when US arrogance and ignorance comes back to haunt them.

Last year at this time you said, "I never heard of this kid so no way in hell will he be a first round draft pick and no way in hell will he ever be a good player. If he had any ability he would be all over US sports media".

Yeah, like "US sports media" or NBA ever scouted in Greece EVER...........IDIOT

In Spain they considered him the biggest prospect since Dirk.

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Always nice when US arrogance and ignorance comes back to haunt them.
    You're a f*cking redneck yourself. What is wrong with you?

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Didn't he played like one game in the preseason? And stats depend on time played on the court. If the Euroleague didn't give him a chance because they are morons and the NBA give the kid time so they can have a talented player in the future it is possible for the kid to have better stats on the NBA.

It is worst though when a player who was supposed to be the next TMac is given time and he just plays horrible while a lesser player like Arroyo was actually a solid role player when he was on the NBA...
    He wasn't in Euroleague he was in some 2nd division Greek league.

The funniest thing about this is before anyone ever heard of this guy Euroleague was talking him up, saying how he was the next Kevin Durant, is going to be a top draft pick, posting videos of him dunking, etc, etc..but now that he was actually drafted and is going to play in the NBA he has to make a 180 and is say how much of a scrub he was in Europe.

I really want Spanoulis to come back to the NBA just to mess with Euroleague. On one hand Spanoulis is his favorite player who he thinks is one of the best players in the world. On the other hand if he comes back to the NBA he will be an NBA player and Euroleague will feel the need to diminish his accomplishments and call him a scrub.

His head might literally explode!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito

He didn't play in the Euroleague you IDIOT.

He played in the SECOND DIVISION of Greece.

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Already a more impressive career than Spanolis

Quote Originally Posted by gabepizza
    He wasn't in Euroleague he was in some 2nd division Greek league.

The funniest thing about this is before anyone ever heard of this guy Euroleague was talking him up, saying how he was the next Kevin Durant, is going to be a top draft pick, posting videos of him dunking, etc, etc..but now that he was actually drafted and is going to play in the NBA he has to make a 180 and is say how much of a scrub he was in Europe.
    I never ever said he was anything but a talent you idiot. I NEVER EVER said he was Kevin Durant in Europe.

STOP YOUR LYING

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Already a more impressive career than Spanolis
    Strange how he couldn't pass his tryout for Greece's national team.............

Strange how he couldn't pass his tryout for Greece's national team.............
    He'll have a better rookie year than your boy Spanoulis for sure. I mean Shaun Livingston did, and you've said before that Antegokumopotakatalamonpuo is better than a young Livingston. And I'm betting he won't run away after a few bad games. Finally, the real T-Mac of Europe has arrived.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    He'll have a better rookie year than your boy Spanoulis for sure. I mean Shaun Livingston did, and you've said before that Antegokumopotakatalamonpuo is better than a young Livingston. And I'm betting he won't run away after a few bad games. Finally, the real T-Mac of Europe has arrived.
    He won't ever be as good as Spanoulis is.

He's talented, but he will NEVER EVER be as good as top Greek players like Spanoulis and Diamantidis.

NEVER.

At the same age Spanoulis was light years better.

Giannis was the 4th best player of Greece's under 20 team.

He won't ever be as good as Spanoulis is.
    3 points on 30%

At the same age Spanoulis was light years better.
    I don't think that he'll be satisfied with 3 points and 1 assist per game. He wants more. The NBA might be inferior to Euroleague, but still too good for Spanoulis

I'm betting that Antetokounmpo will be a better NBA player than Spanoulis ever was. Not that this is particularly hard, but you have to start somewhere. After that he can have bigger goals, like Matt Barnes or maybe even Steve Blake. But being better than Spanoulis was is a nice starting point.
    Last edited by dr.hee; 10-11-2013 at 09:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.hee
    I don't think that he'll be satisfied with 3 points and 1 assist per game. He wants more. The NBA might be inferior to Euroleague, but still too good for Spanoulis

I'm betting that Antetokounmpo will be a better NBA player than Spanoulis ever was. Not that this is particularly hard, but you have to start somewhere. After that he can have bigger goals, like Matt Barnes or maybe even Steve Blake. But being better than Spanoulis was is a nice starting point.
    He won't be half as good as Spanoulis is.