Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He won't be half as good as Spanoulis is.
    If he averages more than 3 on 30% then he'll be better

there will always be a few good apples in the highschool jv league that is euroleague. doubt he lasts long though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    there will always be a few good apples in the highschool jv league that is euroleague. doubt he lasts long though.
    What do you mean when you say you doubt he lasts long?

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

He won't be half as good as Spanoulis is.
    he has much more upside than Spanoulis ever had.He s much much longer,more athletic,smarter,taller
    They didn t draft him cause he is ready now.I ve mentioned in previous threads where you said he s nba ready and dominates the 2nd division etc
    He has all the tools to be a poor man s KD.He ll never be that good(KD was lightyears ahead at this age)but he ll be solid.Once he buffs a bit and learn the pace of the NBA he ll have a fine career if given the chance.He s hard worker.I ve played against him and the guy is hard match up cause he s soooo damn long,he can dribble(not an excellent ballhander but good enough for his height)average shooter but can get better and can use both hands.He needs to play better defense.He can but he gets lazy sometimes and doesn t have the correct stance
    Spanoulis at his age was very fast and explosive,not a very good shooter,lethal slasher,but again low iq

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He looks a lot more like Batum than KD in terms of the way he plays

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    If he averages more than 3 on 30% then he'll be better
    2.7 PPG on 31,9%, actually. Stop hating on V-Span, the gift sent from the basketball gods themselves. More athletic than Rose and Westbrook combined. Would easily carry a team of scrubs to an NBA championship himself. He would be the real T-Mac, even if he played alongside McGrady.

He looks and moves like KD, without the historically good scoring skills but with more defensive potential and better passing instincts - more like a 6'10 Pippen. Based on pure eye test, he's got the highest potential of anyone in this draft (maybe the Bucks finally get their Dirk after trading him away all those years ago At least their Kirilenko). Raw as hell, but he's only 18 (!) and he'll often make the kind of play that's simply out of reach for 90% of current NBA players. Just imagine what he could be like 5 years from now if he develops.
    Last edited by BoutPractice; 10-12-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Giannis was the 4th best player of Greece's under 20 team.
    I would love to see someone with knowledge actually clarify this. Sounds like Euroeleague bs

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    I would love to see someone with knowledge actually clarify this. Sounds like Euroeleague bs
    Well Euroleague was the one hyping him up originally. Calling him the "hottest prospect", better than Shaun Livingston at the same age ( who went on to be a better NBA player in his 1st year than Spanoulis btw), even citing Danny Ainge saying he's "Pippen like". But now that he's in the NBA, and probably dropping rookie numbers his boy toy V-Span could only dream of, Euroleague realizes that being better than 18 year old Livingston means being better than NBA rookie Spanoulis, too. So now he has to hate him of course.

Last edited by dr.hee; 10-12-2013 at 07:43 AM.

im calling just another preseason/summer league legend and an actual bust in the nba league... out of the league in 5 years.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    im calling just another preseason/summer league legend and an actual bust in the nba league... out of the league in 5 years.
    it really comes down to his work ethic and avoiding injuries.He has all the physical tools and one thing everyone should know about him is that he loves to pass.He isn t a ballhog that s a big plus for someone his age

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    The (Anti)Thesis
    I like this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    I made a thread about him in May. I thought he was for sure the player with the most upside in this draft and was really worried that OKC was going to get him. His coordination, left hand and handle is amazing at his age. I saw him run full speed, dribble and dunk left handed like only John Wall can do with the off hand. Also has great court vision. Was making threes pretty easy too.

The argument against him was weird to me. Like he couldn't adjust to bigger fast guys but they have no evidence of that. Especially when he looked taller and faster than anybody I have seen since Durant.
    His court vision is one thing that really sets him apart from most skinny, super athletic wings. Most of these guys have such an advantage with their athleticism and length when they're in high school and it turns them into selfish, shoot first players. It's rare you see a kid that young with those physical skills who is such a willing and capable passer.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    He's looked great in his first two games. He moves so well for a guy his size and unlike most skinny tall guards, he actually has a nice frame to put on some muscle. And he's only 18. Way more polished than I thought he would be. Probably the best looking rookie I have seen thus far.

He does move a bit like TMac. I've been surprisingly impressed with his offensive and defensive potential already. The Bucks have a nice future with Sanders, Henson, and this-long-named-kid-who-badly-needs-a-nickname. If they would just tank for once to get their future PG or aim for Parker or Wiggins...
    The length in the front court with those 3 is absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    The length in the front court with those 3 is absurd.

damn

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK

damn
    Sick, bucks fans must be excited

Sunshine State

He has a good build for this league, don't throw him under the bus just yet.