Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Adrian Peterson's son in critical condition

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    First of all, this is dumb. If you have a biological child, then they are your son/daughter.

But, from the point of view of the child, AP was no father to him. It sounds like they didnt even have contact his entire life. No one should be giving AP condolences for the death of a child he abandoned. The mother? Sure. But AP is basically a deadbeat dad in this situation. and now hes getting the sympathy of the world for the tragic death of a kid he hardly knew.
    I must have expressed my thoughts poorly in that post.

I basically meant what you said. Peterson was not a father to this child, based on the reporting. he denied and ignored the child. The words father and son have a deeper meaning to me than just some dude pumping semen into a womb and the child that is born 9 months later.

You have to earn being a father. AP wasnt a father to this particular child. I dont understand why he is getting condolences.

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    I must have expressed my thoughts poorly in that post.

I basically meant what you said. Peterson was not a father to this child, based on the reporting. he denied and ignored the child. The words father and son have a deeper meaning to me than just some dude pumping semen into a womb and the child that is born 9 months later.

You have to earn being a father. AP wasnt a father to this particular child. I dont understand why he is getting condolences.

Lol. My boy.

MavsSuperFan- let's be honest here. Did you knock a chick up and are paying child support?

Sounds like the guy who beat up AP's son was in a relationship with the mother. Says the mom had another kid, a 3 year old who he assaulted last year.

And then he threatened to kill her. She said he would get violent.
    Wtf was she doing if she knew that ?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    Lol. My boy.

MavsSuperFan- let's be honest here. Did you knock a chick up and are paying child support?

are you guys really so apathetic that you are incapable of understanding how someone could hold/advocate for a position that doesn't directly benefit them?

are you guys really so apathetic that you are incapable of understanding how someone could hold/advocate for a position that doesn't directly benefit them?

No you fa.ggot. It was a question.
    And it's not that I am Incapable of being in that position BECAUSE I AM IN THAT POSITION!
    Dumbass. I pay child support.

[QUOTE]

The 27-year-old Patterson was indicted last year on several counts of simple assault involving an ex-girlfriend and her 3-year-old son, according to the Sioux Falls Argus Leader.

He was later charged for violating a no-contact order.

Patterson has a history of violence against women and children.

Patterson was charged with aggravated assault and aggravated battery of an infant Friday morning before authorities learned that the two-year-old boy died in a South Dakota hospital.

His bond was set at $750,000 cash, and South Dakota State

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Funny I get the feeling your mother pulled you out of her ass 9 months after she was sodomized by an orangutang.
    Off topic but that made me laugh. You brought joy to my day.

Edit: To be clear, Peterson is a father to his son Adrian peterson jr.

Who is different from this secret child
    Who is the boy in this pic? It's circulating on FB that this is the boy who died

MavsSuperfan is making valid points an simply discussing them. Why some of you are getting upset and calling names seems a bit ridiculous to me.

You don't have to agree but you can mellow the f*ck out about it.

First of all, this is dumb. If you have a biological child, then they are your son/daughter.

But, from the point of view of the child, AP was no father to him. It sounds like they didnt even have contact his entire life. No one should be giving AP condolences for the death of a child he abandoned. The mother? Sure. But AP is basically a deadbeat dad in this situation. and now hes getting the sympathy of the world for the tragic death of a kid he hardly knew.
    I've lost all respect for AP due to how he has handled this situation.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
    No you fa.ggot. It was a question.
    And it's not that I am Incapable of being in that position BECAUSE I AM IN THAT POSITION!
    Dumbass. I pay child support.
    I never said you were incapable of fathering a child out of wedlock. I am asking if you have the ability to hold/advocate for a position that doesn't directly benefit you. Are you empathic or apathetic.

Your assumption that I must be in the situation of paying child support to hold my positions about male parental rights and the inequalities in our legal system about this subject, lead me to question your level of empathy.

Edit: oh and yes, by asking a question you must have made an assumption before hand.
    Last edited by MavsSuperFan; 10-13-2013 at 02:04 PM.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Who is the boy in this pic? It's circulating on FB that this is the boy who died
    No that is his other son.

Adrian peterson Jr. That is the son he recognizes and takes care of.
    Unless the articles I have been reading are totally wrong, Peterson didnt have a relationship to the child that died. Peterson denied it was his child.

based off what we know its irresponsible to say the kid was "abandoned." That suggests he knew the kids was his and purposely chose to stay out of his life. Knowing that he had sex with the child's mother and knowing the kid is his are 2 completely different things.

From the facts paternity was only recently established and child support had not been sought by the mother. If anything seems that she moved on, moving to a different state and finding a new man that she had enough feelings for to movie in with. That's not enough info for me to label AP a deadbeat.

I never said you were incapable of fathering a child out of wedlock. I am asking if you have the ability to hold/advocate for a position that doesn't directly benefit you. Are you empathic or apathetic.

Your assumption that I must be in the situation of paying child support to hold my positions about male parental rights and the inequalities in our legal system about this subject, lead me to question your level of empathy.

Edit: oh and yes, by asking a question you must have made an assumption before hand.

Never did I assume that you were in that situation. I simply asked.
    And of course I can hold/advocate for a position that isn't mine. I pay child support. Do I think the amount is fair? No.

I completely understand where you're coming from, where why should a man (like me) be financially responsible for child he didn't chose to father (my situation) but the mom chose to not have an abortion and have the child.(my son)

My thing is, even if the condom broke, I could never MAKE her get an abortion, the same way I could never prevent her from getting an abortion. It is her choice, and rightfully so. Think about it for a second. She has to carry the kid and then give north OR has to go and have an abortion that can potentially be life scaring.

She has the child(my kid).

So why the F should I be financially responsible, for a child that I didn't "decide" to have? When it was just my sperm that came from my sexual act, when I knew the risks?

I ask you now, you thought "of a position other than your own" in regards to the man. And how it's not fair that he has to pay child support, blah blah.

Have you put yourself in the position of the child?
    How fair is it for the child to have 1 parent in the first place. To grow up with a single mom is one thing, to grow up with a single moms income is another.

It's not fair to the child no matter what the father or mother decided to do. That child did not ask to be born, or made- but he's in this world and the whole "child support" might not be fair, to the man in essence, however what type of man would be okay with HIS OFFSPRING being in this world and he not being a part of his life and not supporting him financially?

This means that even though I didn't tell Baby momma to have the baby and AT THE TIME wanted an abortion, the child was born, and he is my son.

The mother and I are not together, but I still get my son 3 days a week and pay child. I'm doing it for the child, my son. Because I can't be a man, a person, that has my OWN child in this world without seeing him/ supporting him. I love my son. And I have thought in a position that wasn't mine, I have thought for his position. And being a 23 year old dad isn't so bad, my son will be 2 in December and couldn't be happier.
    And that's empathy for you.

Son