Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: What bike are you riding?

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    You probably have to go down to your local bike shop then.

For you anything will do, just don't get those beach cruisers, even the ones with gears.

They are heavy and slow. Your best bet is a decent mountain bike because of their versatility, since you don't need it to commute.

I like to just get on a bike and workout and ride miles. Makes you feel like a kid again and keeps me youthful.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Yeah, if you have a local bike shop, they usually have several tiers of pricing. Every brand has a few bikes in those ranges. The bike brands usually use the same parts from Shimano....like how different PCs use the same parts inside. If you don't ride a lot, you probably won't need/notice the difference. Don't try any bike outside of your price range and remember you might need extra money for a lock, helmet etc.
    I appreciate the knowledge, gentlemen. I'm slowly working my way up to pulling the trigger on something.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I appreciate the knowledge, gentlemen. I'm slowly working my way up to pulling the trigger on something.

If you only want to spend $500, don't try the $800 bikes.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Banned

i'm in the market for a roadie now. while i love this bike, it just can't be a commuter for me. i should have went with a hybrid instead of this one since i told the shop i would be on both trails and the road. i guess i got dealt with an insincere sales person that just wanted to sell an expensive bike. i let them know about it on yelp. but i still love this bike though. i've lost 7 pounds since getting it but it is definitely not for hauling my ass to work.

Banned

That thing to commute?

damn. Slow as hell.

I bet it kicks ass on the trails though.
    yeah bad choice. i was a newbie with some scratch to spend thinking about getting in better shape and i let the shop choose for me.

Banned

Moots Vamoots CR with Dura Ace

Banned

#BallIsLife

Go to work on this bish

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ROCSteady

#BallIsLife

Here's my bikes:

Surly ECR 29+ (for bikepacking, trail riding) - Picture taken on a recent bikepacking trip in Arizona:

2015 Surly Karate Monkey 29er (my hardtail for trail riding and racing) - Photo taken from fall ride on the BCT:

I also have a Kona Dr. Good that I commute to work on and an old Trek Roadie that is connected to an indoor trainer in my garage.

This but an older style I believe. I forget the exact model but it's a Specialized.

I also have an original Schwinn Varsity with white grips. Looks like a damn hipster bike but fast as hell with suicide shifters. Not my picture but my bike with white wraps.

Bought from an old retired man that decided to open a bike shop. The frame is too small for me so I may just have in the living room for decor purposes. Mine looks better. Hope to post pics of it later.
    Lol Varsity's are the worst road bike Schwinn made in the 70s. They are solid steel and slow as shit.

Is shimano a good bike brand? Planning to buy one this month.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

I bought a big bmx bike on Friday. Itís just a bmx bike with 26 inch tires pretty much. A buddy of mine told me about them last week. I was looking around and they were sold out everywhere but I finally found a place that had some. Itís super fun.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

https://www.raleighusa.com/route3-r142

I actually just bought this Raleigh Route 3 hybrid a couple months ago. I'm not a crazy rider, but I've been riding almost every night a couple miles with my niece. I had borrowed a custom built road bike from my cousin while I was looking for something else, and the hybrid really helped. I do some light paths or gravel tracks on the weekends, but mostly I'm on streets, and after doing a real high end road bike, I could really feel the drag of a full suspension, so this really fit me well. I do wish I had a fully lock outable fork.

There was a Kona I really wanted, but it was just too much of a pain in the ass to get my hands on. And there was also a Surly I considered, but it was too much money. This was about $700. I upgraded the pedals, the grips, and the seat.

I also got my niece a fat tire 20" mongoose. She's 9. She loves it, but I didn't think it was a great idea, it's just too heavy for her. She does pretty well with it though. It's pretty advanced for her. Has 9 speeds, disc brakes. Coming off of the little kids razor bike, it's a pretty major step up.

I also got her these Monkey Lights for the wheels that are really pretty sweet for 50 bucks a wheel. Check these things out. https://www.amazon.com/Monkey-Light-.../dp/B007FLHW3K