Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN has the Knicks winning only 37 games

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    its no secret that espn hates the knicks
    And why would you think this? One of the NBA's biggest markets and hugest draws of hits on their site (see their entire "New York" section).

Yeah, they totally hate the Knicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    And why would you think this? One of the NBA's biggest markets and hugest draws of hits on their site (see their entire "New York" section).

Yeah, they totally hate the Knicks.
    You called copeland one of our best shooters, you clearly don't watch Knicks basketball...why are you speaking on games you don't watch?

Copeland hits open threes when hes put in 30 pt blowouts against the Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz
    You called copeland one of our best shooters, you clearly don't watch Knicks basketball...why are you speaking on games you don't watch?

Copeland hits open threes when hes put in 30 pt blowouts against the Wizards
    And how does that equate to them hating the knicks?

Like Droid said, why the fvck would ESPN hate one of the NBA's biggest market aka their fvcking paycheck?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

Like Droid said, why the fvck would ESPN hate one of the NBA's biggest market aka their fvcking paycheck?

They like NY for the ratings, but they always write stupid shit like this to push buttons and peak interest.

Very good NBA starter

Another reason that ESPN is a joke. The Knicks will win 50 games and could be a top 4 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller

I said nothing about ESPN...I asked for a link of the article...never said ESPN hates the Knicks...I believe that was bluechox2

woah guy

Thread title is incorrect, ESPN are saying 37-45.

People actually pay to read these articles?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kNicKz

It'd be nice if people who actually watch basketball wrote these

or posted here for that matter

Did you know your avatar says "Carmelo = MVP" ?

i guess losing elite superstars such as novak and copeland will do that to ya

good thing i cut cable, i used to have sportscenter on all night. listening to shit over and over in the background.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    i guess losing elite superstars such as novak and copeland will do that to ya

good thing i cut cable, i used to have sportscenter on all night. listening to shit over and over in the background.
    Just watch the games and make your own analysis of it.

We big boys now.

Looks about right

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

That article was a joke.

What did they do to improve their defense? Well lets see, another off season under a good defensive coach with much of the same roster that was good enough to place 2nd in the East with multiple injuries to key players. More time together creates more chemistry, more trust on defense. Not to mention they added World Peace who in short spurts can still play elite defense, and short spurts is exactly what he'll be getting next year. Shumpert who was a tremendous defender as a rookie is only going to get better now in his 3rd year. Martin is still a good defensive presence, Chandler is an elite defensive big.

Most of the other stuff is just pure Bargani hate, adding a player who theoretically complements this team tremendously is going to drop them 5 spots in the standings? Give me a break. Steve Novak is gone, so what? He was a liability on defense and couldn't put the ball on the floor, World Peace is an upgrade at that position. They act like Melo is a power forward forced into playing small forward when really it's the other way around. Yeah, offensively creates mis matches and spreads the floor offensively at the 4 however is a liability guarding 4's. Bargani can still spread the floor and isn't much worse than Melo defensively. Melos a natural 3, guards them well enough and will benefit from Bargani and the spacing he creates.

Also, this teams has crazy versatilility, Shump can guard 3 positions, Melo can effectively play the 4, World Peace could possibly see time at the 4, Hardaway Jr (who may not play much) is a good looking prospect with combo guard potential. Martin can play either both center and the 4. They also upgraded from dinasour Kidd at the backup point guard spot.

Knicks wil be good, my only concern is that they are thin at center.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    That article was a joke.

What did they do to improve their defense? Well lets see, another off season under a good defensive coach with much of the same roster that was good enough to place 2nd in the East with multiple injuries to key players. More time together creates more chemistry, more trust on defense. Not to mention they added World Peace who in short spurts can still play elite defense, and short spurts is exactly what he'll be getting next year. Shumpert who was a tremendous defender as a rookie is only going to get better now in his 3rd year. Martin is still a good defensive presence, Chandler is an elite defensive big.

Most of the other stuff is just pure Bargani hate, adding a player who theoretically complements this team tremendously is going to drop them 5 spots in the standings? Give me a break. Steve Novak is gone, so what? He was a liability on defense and couldn't put the ball on the floor, World Peace is an upgrade at that position. They act like Melo is a power forward forced into playing small forward when really it's the other way around. Yeah, offensively creates mis matches and spreads the floor offensively at the 4 however is a liability guarding 4's. Bargani can still spread the floor and isn't much worse than Melo defensively. Melos a natural 3, guards them well enough and will benefit from Bargani and the spacing he creates.

Also, this teams has crazy versatilility, Shump can guard 3 positions, Melo can effectively play the 4, World Peace could possibly see time at the 4, Hardaway Jr (who may not play much) is a good looking prospect with combo guard potential. Martin can play either both center and the 4. They also upgraded from dinasour Kidd at the backup point guard spot.

Knicks wil be good, my only concern is that they are thin at center.
    It's so obvious when someone who watches the Knicks play makes a post

These dudes called Copeland an elite 3 pt shooter

NBA sixth man of the year knickballer's Avatar

Who cares what ESPN thinks?