Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Shaq calls Nash's MVPs "tainted"

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Oh no, I'm with you on that. Shaq talks entirely too much. He's not even the MVP of his team. He needs to be a little more concerned about his team and less about what Nash won and hasn't won. He has a way of making everything about him...
    agreed

I rule the local playground theinfamousmobb's Avatar

Shaqs just pointing out how many years hes dominated and only gotten 1 MVP while Nash has only had those 3-4 great seasons and already has 2, possibly 3, Shaq got robbed in 04-05, so I agree with Shaq there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MaxFly
    Oh no, I'm with you on that. Shaq talks entirely too much. He's not even the MVP of his team. He needs to be a little more concerned about his team and less about what Nash won and hasn't won. He has a way of making everything about him...
    someone asked Shaq a question he answered. Whats wrong with that.

Shaq has a right to talk.... HE is a top 10 player ever....Dominated the league and just came off a championship run. If he cant talk about Nash's MVP's than who can.

Quote Originally Posted by Younggrease
    someone asked Shaq a question he answered. Whats wrong with that.

Shaq has a right to talk.... HE is a top 10 player ever....Dominated the league and just came off a championship run. If he cant talk about Nash's MVP's than who can.
    So why is he calling out Nash? Why wouldn't he call out the people who got MVP's in the years he dominated the league? AI, TD, KG?

Or if you wanna go even before that, MJ, Karl Malone?

Not airballing my layups anymore KingofKings718's Avatar

Shaq is all talk nowadays. I hardly pay attention to this guy. Wake mew up, when he earns that 20 million a season he's getting.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    So why is he calling out Nash? Why wouldn't he call out the people who got MVP's in the years he dominated the league? AI, TD, KG???

Or if you wanna go even before that, MJ, Karl Malone?
    This brings me to a different debate about how good Steve Nash is as a player compared to those guys in those years. And how much being in Phoenix helps steve NAsh. I dont want to get into that debate now so i will bow out. I will leave by saying i doubt Shaq puts nash in the same category as any if the players you mentioned even AI in his MVP.

I hope Nash can keeo this pace up so he wins this year and next year as well though. So when every1 looks back and see's no finals appearances they will see how dumb and overrated he and his style of play is.
    Last edited by Younggrease; 02-24-2007 at 12:34 PM.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by theinfamousmobb
    Shaqs just pointing out how many years hes dominated and only gotten 1 MVP while Nash has only had those 3-4 great seasons and already has 2, possibly 3, Shaq got robbed in 04-05, so I agree with Shaq there.
    04/05 was the closest MVP vote in history, I think it was separated by a couple of votes. So thats just tough luck for Shaq, that could have went either way.
    As it stands now the MVP for this season is going to be Dirk or Nash. I can't wait to read the posts on ISH if Nash wins again.

And YES...he very well could win it again, Every player interview ive heard about MVPs and such, the player mentions Nash as one of the best players in the league. These are the guys playing him every night. this must hold water with all the Nash ****** out there.

Time to for the Nash ****** to give him his Due.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by KingofKings718
    Shaq is all talk nowadays. I hardly pay attention to this guy. Wake mew up, when he earns that 20 million a season he's getting.
    he earned it last year when he brought Miami there first ever title.

Keeping the Bench Warm RAPSCANWIN's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
    04/05 was the closest MVP vote in history, I think it was separated by a couple of votes. So thats just tough luck for Shaq, that could have went either way.
    As it stands now the MVP for this season is going to be Dirk or Nash. I can't wait to read the posts on ISH if Nash wins again.

And YES...he very well could win it again, Every player interview ive heard about MVPs and such, the player mentions Nash as one of the best players in the league. These are the guys playing him every night. this must hold water with all the Nash ****** out there.

Time to for the Nash ****** to give him his Due.
    why does ISH ******out the word aters with an h in the front.

Remember when Shaq dominated like no other? The talk then was shaq was obviously the MVP year after year, but they can't just give him the MVP every season, wouldn't be fair. Hey thats what everybody was saying and it kinda made sense til Nash won back-to-back MVP's. I wish Shaq elaborated a little bit more into why Nash's are tainted.

This brings me to a different debate about how good Steve Nash is as a player compared to those guys in those years. And how much being in Phoenix helps steve NAsh. I dont want to get into that debate now so i will bow out. I will leave by saying i doubt Shaq puts nash in the same category as any if the players you mentioned even AI in his MVP.

I hope Nash can keeo this pace up so he wins this year and next year as well though. So when every1 looks back and see's no finals appearances they will see how dumb and overrated he and his style of play is.
    The MVP isn't a comparison of previous years, it's a "what have you done for your team this year" trophy. In 04/05, Shaq didn't lead his team to a title or even past the pistons in the east finals and in 05/06 it isn't even a debate that Shaq should've won over Nash. I would put him at 6th last year behind Dirk, Nash, Kobe, Lebron, AND Wade (in any order).. and maybe even throw Chauncey in there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bokes15
    The MVP isn't a comparison of previous years, it's a "what have you done for your team this year" trophy. In 04/05, Shaq didn't lead his team to a title or even past the pistons in the east finals and in 05/06 it isn't even a debate that Shaq should've won over Nash. I would put him at 6th last year behind Dirk, Nash, Kobe, Lebron, AND Wade (in any order).. and maybe even throw Chauncey in there.

i meant that I think Shaq brings up Nash's MVP's as tainted because he feels he isnt in the same class of player as other MVP's. Kinda like he isnt good enough to be in the multiple MVP club. Thats why he singled out Nash.

Banned

Shaq neeeds to learn its a REGULAR season MVP and Shaq is notorious for slacking off every NBA regular season, if he had half of Nash's work ethic and determination instead of relying on his Physical Dominance he'd have far more than 1 MVP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    Shaq neeeds to learn its a REGULAR season MVP and Shaq is notorious for slacking off every NBA regular season, if he had half of Nash's work ethic and determination instead of relying on his Physical Dominance he'd have far more than 1 MVP.
    Well maybe if NAsh paced himself in the regualar season he wouldnt burn out in the post season and he might make it to the finals at least once. Maybe if he worked a little harder he could have learned how to play defense and than he could have won with Dirk like Shaq won with Kobe.

Shaq is in a whole different class of player than NAsh.... dont compare them as it does a disservice to Shaq.

Well maybe if NAsh paced himself in the regualar season he wouldnt burn out in the post season and he might make it to the finals at least once. Maybe if he worked a little harder he could have learned how to play defense and than he could have won with Dirk like Shaq won with Kobe.

Shaq is in a whole different class of player than NAsh.... dont compare them as it does a disservice to Shaq.
    You really can't compare an inside/outside tandem to Nash/Nowitzki who both played primarily on the perimeter.

If you think back to Shaq's LA days, he was notorious for having a bad work ethic. His brute size and strength were enough for him to get by in his younger days, but now we're seeing that with age, it's causing him to break down rapidly.