NBA sixth man of the year NugzFan's Avatar

Default Re: Derrick Favors & Jazz REach Agreement ... 4 year/ 49 mill

12 mill for 9 and 7?

Inb4 "he's so overpaid!!"

Quote Originally Posted by NugzFan
    12 mill for 9 and 7?

Inb4 "he's so overpaid!!"
    A talented centre who can play both ends of the floor and young. He is worth every cent.

Roughly 12 mill a year, that's a steal. Isn't Spurs paying Splitter that amount?

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I don't understand the hype around him. He is and will always be a completely raw offensive player with average defensive abilities. $50 million can get you much more. He's had the same "Has a lot of upside" title over his head ever since he entered the league yet he hasn't improved much from his first year in the league. Grats on the contract but certainly not worth it.

DeAndre Jordan + Wilt McGee contracts.

All Centers are overpaid to an extent. I've stopped overreacting to it.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

How little of an improvement he has made since his rookie season is astounding. At least when I have watched him play recently. He looks like a foul machine, with no footwork and poor offensive instincts in a million dollar body. The kid needs a coach bad, unless his work ethic is just that terrible.

could be an elite defensive player very soon

good contract for the jazz

wow, didnt even have to prove himself

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    wow, didnt even have to prove himself
    I didn't like him getting paid before this year, but someone was gonna give him a deal like this in restricted free agency at a minimum, so it's better to lock him up now, rather than risk having to give him the max if he does end the year as a 15ppg/12rpg guy (which is about what he averages in his per36).

Larry Sanders just got about the exact same deal recently, so it's market value for him.

Supply and Demand market. Say what you want about "I dont get this contract he's too raw" but the Jazz don't have anyone else to throw money at. He's the best available

As a lifelong jazz hater I couldn't be happier than seeing them first trade up for trey Burke and then make that kind of commitment to favors.

The good news for jazz fans. Many good draft picks coming

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Could be a good deal since he will get plenty of playing time and put up good stats making his value go up this season so they signed him for a good amount of money but not to much before his value may or may not have gone up.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    A talented centre who can play both ends of the floor and young. He is worth every cent.

Roughly 12 mill a year, that's a steal. Isn't Spurs paying Splitter that amount?
    He plays the defensive end and hits the offensive glass. His offensive game has shown little to no improvement even after his work with the Mailman.

I didn't like him getting paid before this year, but someone was gonna give him a deal like this in restricted free agency at a minimum, so it's better to lock him up now, rather than risk having to give him the max if he does end the year as a 15ppg/12rpg guy (which is about what he averages in his per36).

Larry Sanders just got about the exact same deal recently, so it's market value for him.
    The 15/12 was against 2nd stringers though. Can he play 36 minutes a game with his foul tendencies? Can he put up those numbers going against the best players every night? He might live up to the contract and he might have got a lot more in the off-season but he certainly isn't worth that now. I would have told him 10 take it or leave it. I think Gobert could be a better fit in the long run anyway based on what I saw in summer league.

the Jazz don't have anyone else to throw money at. He's the best available
    They still have their two best players to pay in Hayward and Kanter not to mention Burks. You don't throw money away just because. They should have learned with AK. He hamstrung them for years with his contract.

The good news for jazz fans. Many good draft picks coming
    The bad news is there will be a lot of losing for those draft picks.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

Why do you people use bad contracts as a comparison? It's a terrible way to justify contracts. What about using your logic for the guys who make 12 mil and are better than favors like joakim Noah, rajon rondo or tony Parker? or maybe guys who make even less like Stephen curry? Should I use them as a way to show how terrible favors contract is?

He is definitely not worth every cent. In what ways is he? He is unproven in big minutes. The Jazz are gambling hard, and likely it won't be worth it. He's got skills and upside but feel like they could have gotten him for 8-9 million per year range