Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bill Walton Greatest Games: 44 Points vs Memphis State (1973 NCAA FInal)

Banned

Default Re: Bill Walton Greatest Games: 44 Points vs Memphis State (1973 NCAA FInal)

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369

although i enjoyed that video i ain't shocked i'm the first after the original post. the trolls run this forum, phagotts that say the are watching the nba for 26 years but compare adam morrison to larry bird , they beat quality posters who enjoy basketball.

i 'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this way.
    Last edited by cos88; 10-20-2013 at 03:15 PM.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Default Re: Bill Walton Greatest Games: 44 Points vs Memphis State (1973 NCAA FInal)

amazing how fast and agile he was for his size

that pass at 1:00 was beautiful, and the defense couldnt even get close to blocking his turnaround.

a couple of those finishes were more acrobatic, than i thought walton was capable of, specifically off of that alley-oop that is thrown way too low

good find

College superstar

As an alumnus of the school that Walton abused in this video I do not approve of this thread.

Bill was just great, shame for injuries, would've been most likely a top 5 center.

Quote Originally Posted by cos88

although i enjoyed that video i ain't shocked i'm the first after the original post. the trolls run this forum, phagotts that say the are watching the nba for 26 years but compare adam morrison to larry bird , they beat quality posters who enjoy basketball.

i 'm sure i'm not the only one that thinks this way.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Bill Walton was always one of my favorite players. Most people only remember him for his 86 celtic days. He was a much quicker and more agile player before injuries took that away from him.
    Could have been in the Goat discussion.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by colts19
    Bill Walton was always one of my favorite players. Most people only remember him for his 86 celtic days. He was a much quicker and more agile player before injuries took that away from him.
    Could have been in the Goat discussion.
    Yes, and he is one of the GOAT players in NCCA tournament. According to old newspapers articles they use to compare him with Lew Alcindor/Jabbar at that time a lot, because Walton succeeded Alcindor in UCLA. Although Lew was considered better player as an individual the press had rated highly Bill's team play. Sadly Walton never realized his full potential in the NBA due to above mentioned multiple injuries. His peak years as professional were between 1976 and 1978 during his Blazers days.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore KnicksWolves's Avatar

Awesome upload! Love watching any Bill Walton footage I can find.

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

What B-Ball IQ and Fundamentals. And Yes, Before Injuries So Much More Mobile.
    Last edited by Round Mound; 10-22-2013 at 05:13 AM.

College star

If Walton wasn't injured, he'll end up top 3 GOAT centers. Too bad. Helluva player and the greatest passing center ever.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto
    If Walton wasn't injured, he'll end up top 3 GOAT centers. Too bad. Helluva player and the greatest passing center ever.
    Ahead Kareem, Russell, or Wilt? I don't think any of them. I do think the would be 4th, and it would be a big 4 rather than a separation between 3 and Walton, tho.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Ahead Kareem, Russell, or Wilt? I don't think any of them. I do think the would be 4th, and it would be a big 4 rather than a separation between 3 and Walton, tho.
    Ahead of Wilt. Not the other two.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigVeto

Quote Originally Posted by jongib369
    well played with that laugh