Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Default Re: The Omer Asik/Dwight Howard frontcourt era to begin against Dallas

Quote Originally Posted by spiegel
    Only Hibbert, Gasol and bogut come close to having Asiks impact on the defensive end. just admit you are talking out of you'r rear end regarding Asik. You clearly havent watched him much as a Rocket.
    He thinks Kaman RIGHT NOW is better... why are you even arguing with him?

Should be interesting to see. A team with a stretch big will definitely have their ways of exploiting the Rockets on D, while on offense, most likely just packing it in.

As far as Asik being a top 5 center? Yeah, no.

i also forgot to mention varejou and bynum, both better than asik.

get real dude

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    Yep.

lol i list 10 people and 1 name doesnt fit, so i guess that means i dont know anything and i'm trolling

you guyssssssssssss

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Everyone else he listed I would take over Asik in a second. The Kaman thing was really fvcking stupid.

I usually hit open layups

i'll go ahead and call a clippers and rockets wcc, unless OKC plays spoilers. .. Houston's defense and offense is going to be hard to beat. ahem, dwight wins the DPOY almost every year... , omer is tough to beat in the paint. on offense, a dwight/harden combo will be trouble for most teams.
    Last edited by kuzdeen; 10-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 3peated
    there are probably a dozen better centers than asik. houston had money to blow and overpaid him to be a starter, when honestly he should just be a back up to a real center.

bogut, gasol, noah, lopez, jefferson, cousins, gortat, monroe, horford, hibbert, shit even kaman is a more qualified starter than him.
    Are you serious? Gortat and Kaman are nowhere near as good as Asik and Bogut used to be, but the version that currently exists is not either. Monroe is more talented; but I see him as a 4 instead of a 5 (and he'll be playing that position this year).

Depending on how your team is constructed I'd say a good few teams would take him over guys like Jefferson, Horford and Cousins at the 5. All of those guys are obviously more talented, but in the current NBA its more valuable to have a center whose a defensive anchor than a scorer.

Also where's Tyson Chandler and Nikola Pekovic? They are better centers than about half the guys you mentioned.

Top C list
    1. Dwight
    2. Duncan
    3. M. Gasol
    4. Noah
    5. Hibbert
    6. Brook
    7. Cousins
    8. Pekovic
    9. Chandler
    10. Horford/Jefferson/Asik
    Last edited by 2LeTTeRS; 10-21-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Rockets were having sppacing issues in the preseason with just Dwight on the court. As a Warriors fan, I endorse the use of both Howard and Asik.

You think Houston management and their grandmas don't all know this? But you can't move your "Dwight insurance" just yet. What if he starts acting out again and demands a trade? You can move Dwight for a decent package while still having a top 5 center.
    There's another center on your team who is also Top 5?

It might be alright for us in stretches. Like 2 minutes here or there lol. This is gonna be baaaaaaad, but oh well. Maybe we'll jack a million 3s and Dwight and Asik will just be there to rebound and get putbacks.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    There's another center on your team who is also Top 5?
    You mean #1 right? Dwight is the best overall C in the game.

Banned

Rockets don't have to play Dwight big minutes since they have Asik to back him up. This allows Dwight to stay healthy throughout the season and Asik still gets his minutes, even if he doesn't start.

Very good NBA starter

where has Asik been? .... hurt?

should be interesting. basketball rotations. what works, what doesn't. do defense react accordingly. etc, etc.

game starting soon on NBATV. MNF is a snoozer so NBA tonight

Lin starting tonight