Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Default Re: Kanter vs Valanciunas

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    JV in a win, Kanter in a loss, JV 2 blocks, Kanter 1block. Include those aswell if u go for turnovers and fouls.
    sure

but kanter was going against ibaka and perkins while jv was going against olynyk and faverani

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    sure

but kanter was going against ibaka and perkins while jv was going against olynyk and faverani
    Against Perkins mostly

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Against Perkins mostly
    literally the only thing perkins is good at is defending big post players so it is

valanciunas also played two more minutes... and 3 point loss against OKC > 6 point win against the celtics

kanter will have the better season no doubt about that

Why is there this bitchfest about who is better? It depends who you want.

Kanter will probably become a Carlos Boozer with height. Jonas Valanciunas has a lot of unrealized potential, which is scary; however, the potential isn't really on the scoring side. So who do you want?

Plenty of people would take Kanter after this season. They won't be wrong, but they won't be right either.

NBA Superstar

Kanter has balled every time he got the mintes last year. Even in like 12-15 min stints he had great nmbers. Valncias on the other hand seems so wishy washy like he is so match p based.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

I like both guys, but I'd take JoVa. I'd just prefer the extra athleticism in the current league. Although it seems Kanter is pretty apt defensively, I have some concerns that his weaknesses are being covered for playing next to Favors.

so we count fouls and TOs before we count blocks for Centres now?

smdh

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mrpibb
    Why is there this bitchfest about who is better? It depends who you want.

Kanter will probably become a Carlos Boozer with height.
    Height, D, face up, eventually 3 point range.

Jonas Valanciunas has a lot of unrealized potential, which is scary; however, the potential isn't really on the scoring side.
    Kanter doesn't have unrealized potential? He's only been playing for 7 years. Sat out his freshman year. Just sat out 6 months rehabbing. Just continues to get better.
    Last edited by Xiao Yao You; 10-31-2013 at 01:33 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    I like both guys, but I'd take JoVa. I'd just prefer the extra athleticism in the current league. Although it seems Kanter is pretty apt defensively, I have some concerns that his weaknesses are being covered for playing next to Favors.
    I'd say it's the other way around. Kanter is the much better player despite the hype to the contrary.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
    It would be nice if Jonas has some offensive skills but he's just too limited. His impact is more on the defensive end. Kanter will probably put up better numbers but it's too early to tell if he can make an impact.

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

both are solid young bigs, but both are overrated by their respective fan bases. I wish them both well. I prefer Kanter

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
    Height, D, face up, eventually 3 point range.

Kanter doesn't have unrealized potential? He's only been playing for 7 years. Sat out his freshman year. Just sat out 6 months rehabbing. Just continues to get better.
    Jonas has more potential. Kanter's length will restrict him from being a superstar. He can and I think will be very, very good, but he will never be elite.

Besides being good young bigs, they really don't have anything in common.

Kanter has the body and skill-set to be a force on the offensive end, but doesn't have the agility or athleticism to be anything more than adequate on the defensive end.

Jonas is raw offensively, but he isn't some uncoordinated stiff. He can finish well and gets into good position to rack up offensive rebounds. His calling card right now is the defensive presence he provides. Only time will tell, but he does have the size and skill-set to be an above average offensive big. Not Kanter level, but I think the defensive edge will put Jonas over the top if both develop to their absolute ceiling.

You can throw out the garbage about Jonas not outplaying Aaron Gray, or anyone else that played center for the Raps last year. He outplayed them but the horrific coaching prevented him from playing big minutes. They refused to play him in crunch time because he was a rookie, and came into games with certain minute restrictions regardless of his play (good or bad).

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    both are solid young bigs, but both are overrated by their respective fan bases. I wish them both well. I prefer Kanter
    Kind of this I have yet to see anything from either that makes me say wow he could be a top 5 big man in the next couple years, both are talented and will be above average players but they got to show me more before I just on a bandwagon.