Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default The best player in the world is ready to do it again.

Last year the Heat needed a little luck and a lot of skill to get passed the Spurs. The series was legendary basketball played at the highest level. The move to acquire Ray Allen solidified a second ship.

Now with Beasley , Oden and Mason added the Heat gain a little more versatility and a lot of potential.

But lets not understate the fact that Miami still has the best player in the world.

“Winning, that’s my only concern right now, winning,” James said. “I want to put a third ring on the guys that have two. I want to put a first ring on the guys that don’t have any and I want to put a fourth on [Udonis Haslem] and D-Wade. So, that’s my goal.”

Yet, there are rumors that this is the end of his run in Miami...
    The concept has even been made part of the NBA2k 14 videogame experience (with James signing off on the concept).

"When that bridge comes, I’ll cross it with my family,” James said. “And we’re going to make the right choice. We’ve been in this position before, I’ve been in this position before, and I’ll be excited about it, but we’ll see what happens.”

The success of the Heat largely depends on it's supporting cogs:

Dwyane Wade is focused on being healthy for the entire run this year. His 2nd banana to James makes the Heat that much harder to beat.

"If you ask me why I'm picking Miami to win everything this year, I think it's because I can't imagine a scenario in which Wade doesn't give LeBron just enough help to make us all look stupid. It has happened too many times." - Grantland

“Ideally I would like to play every game that we can play, so that’s my goal,” Wade said. “But when I go into the season and whether it’s practice or other things, I’m just going to be smart about it. Our coaches are very open to what I feel I need from my body from day to day.”

Chris Bosh will be the under-appreciated 3rd cog that keeps the defense honest. Ray Allen will be the perimeter genius. Battier will be instrumental as will Haslem and Andersen. Everyone will play a part.

The engine remains the same.

The supporting players have been expertly chosen by Riley and the machine is lubed up by Spo's motivational tactics.

Can they do it one more time? Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeee!!!
    Last edited by 305Baller; 10-24-2013 at 09:46 PM.

Default Re: The best player in the world is ready to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    Last year the Heat needed a little luck and a lot of skill to get passed the Spurs. The series was legendary basketball played at the highest level. The move to acquire Ray Allen solidified a second ship.

Now with Beasley , Oden and Mason added, the Heat gain a little more versatility and a lot of potential.

But lets not understate the fact that Miami still has the best player in the world.

“Winning, that’s my only concern right now, winning,” James said. “I want to put a third ring on the guys that have two. I want to put a first ring on the guys that don’t have any and I want to put a fourth on [Udonis Haslem] and D-Wade. So, that’s my goal.”

Yet, there are rumors that this is the end of his run in Miami...
    The concept has even been made part of the NBA2k 14 videogame experience (with James signing off on the concept).

"When that bridge comes, I’ll cross it with my family,” James said. “And we’re going to make the right choice. We’ve been in this position before, I’ve been in this position before, and I’ll be excited about it, but we’ll see what happens.”

The success of the Heat largely depends on it's supporting cogs:

Dwyane Wade is focused on being healthy for the entire run this year. His 2nd banana to James makes the Heat that much harder to beat.

"If you ask me why I'm picking Miami to win everything this year, I think it's because I can't imagine a scenario in which Wade doesn't give LeBron just enough help to make us all look stupid. It has happened too many times." - Grantand

“Ideally I would like to play every game that we can play, so that’s my goal,” Wade said. “But when I go into the season and whether it’s practice or other things, I’m just going to be smart about it. Our coaches are very open to what I feel I need from my body from day to day.”

Chris Bosh will be the under-appreciated 3rd cog that keeps the defense honest. Ray Allen will be the perimeter genius. Battier will be instrumental as will Haslem and Andersen. Everyone will play a part.

The engine remains the same.

The supporting players have been expertly chosen by Riley and the machine is lubed up by Spo's motivational tactics.

Can they do it one more time? Let's get ready to rumbleeeeeee!!!
    Was that written on a roll of toilet paper?

If Lebron wrote that down, he seriously has an insecurity complex.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123

If Lebron seriously wrote that down, he seriously has an insecurity complex.
    Wow, where have you been all summer? That was the famous "Wade tweet pic".

That was Dwyane Wade.

The thread it was discussed in:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312926

Wade did lol

The Heat most likely will also have the best team because of it's relatively young roster and experience together with it's main core/key role players from the championship team. There aren't many team that will throw them off. Any team out there that might surprise them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    That was Dwyane Wade.

The thread it was discussed in:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312926
    I don't keep up with "tweets" these days...Or ever.

Fail on my part, I thought it was Lebron for sure

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Heat over Clippers in 6
    Book it.

The Heat most likely will also have the best team because of it's relatively young roster and experience together with it's main core/key role players from the championship team. There aren't many team that will throw them off. Any team out there that might surprise them ?
    In the east:
    Bulls, Nets, Pacers.

In the west:
    Warriors, Houston, Clippers... Spurs maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by 305Baller
    In the east:
    Bulls, Nets, Pacers.

In the west:
    Warriors, Houston, Clippers... Spurs maybe.
    The one's in the east are the best chances to upset the Heat, but who will be a surprise to upset them ? Maybe I'm wording the question weird...

From what I've seen, the Pacers (biggest threat in the east) followed by the Nets (very deep, age and health are in question) and then Bulls (deep, best coach of the 3, but injury riddled too) are the main 3 teams to knock them off from the east, but who would upset them outside of that ? New York ? Detroit ? Cleveland ?

My pick would be Detroit, but what holds them back is that their still relatively young and inexperienced squad, but have a lot of talent and athleticism. Might have the best front court in the game if Andre Drummond makes major strides this year.

Out West, I think all those team could do it too. Not really much of surprise team there.

The one's in the east are the best chances to upset the Heat, but who will be a surprise to upset them ? Maybe I'm wording the question weird...

From what I've seen, the Pacers (biggest threat in the east) followed by the Nets (very deep, age and health are in question) and then Bulls (deep, best coach of the 3, but injury riddled too) are the main 3 teams to knock them off from the east, but who would upset them outside of that ? New York ? Detroit ? Cleveland ?

My pick would be Detroit, but what holds them back is that their still relatively young and inexperienced squad, but have a lot of talent and athleticism. Might have the best front court in the game if Andre Drummond makes major strides this year.

Out West, I think all those team could do it too. Not really much of surprise team there.

Detroit looks good on paper, I will be keeping an eye out. The Cavs, with Bynum, will be dangerous...if these teams get hot they might make some noise. If the Heat are struggling at the end of the season with chemistry or motivational problems stemming from mental fatigue anything can happen.

Lol OP mentioned Mason like he's gonna do something for this team.

Assuming the Heat stay together next year, the Pistons could be a really scary team for Miami with more experience. They have a bright future.

Not airballing my layups anymore uoykcuf's Avatar

I don't keep up with "tweets" these days...Or ever.

Fail on my part, I thought it was Lebron for sure

Quote Originally Posted by uoykcuf
    This still cracks me up