Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Houston is using Dwight the way the Lakers should have

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    Can't PnR when every play in the 4th is give the ball to Kobe.
    Because dwight is a fu*king liability in the 4th quarter. The opposing team just fouls him and he bricks the free throws. Or he'll fumble the ball, get stripped, or just brick one of his dumb running hooks..

Also he made it quite clear he wasn't interested in playing PnR.. Do you even watch basketball??

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Getting it to him on his way to the basket on picknrolls. The offense flows really well doing this, but Dwight's back to the basket game is nowhere near Orlando tier. Gonna be a fun team to watch. Dwight rebounding and throwing outlet passes to Parsons and Harden is verrry entertaining. Just my 2 cents.
    Actually that play was run a million times last season. He was either late on the PnR, fumbled the ball, got fouled or failed to do anything with the ball and turned the play into an isolation play on the post(fail)/or pass. He actually had the best to do it with - Nash and DumbToni.

Word is out. If the dude can't make his freethrows this season that PnR will be fouled to pieces all season long. If he can't make a f'cking hook sh0t they'll guard the PnR with love and force him to do sh1t one-on-one/foul.

Anyway last I checked wasn't Dwight going to Houston to play like a "REAL BIG" - aka a "post game" with Hakeem and McHale. But sh1t we still talking about Pick and Rolls. How words have changed.
    Last edited by PickernRoller; 10-25-2013 at 03:24 AM.

Banned

You think Nash, one of the best pick and roll guards ever, didnt try to run Pick and rolls with this scrub? The ball kept bouncing off his hands, he didn't know how to set a screen or how to rolln off it. The few times he did catch the ball, he'd bring the ball down below his waste and either get stripped or fouled and then make 1 of 2 freethrows. That's why the Lakers stopped running it.

Banned

Here is a good video to show the difference between current and previous dwight. Notice the post-ups, the spin moves, finishing through the contact. he was a very good post player. Now not so much. He has to rely on the PnR more.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0nXF9ZTEr4
    That is just a game on one of the rare nights his shots that usually brick off the back of the rim actually went in consistently.

His footwork and post moves in that video are still weak.

In fairness he actually healthy now.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore bballbball's Avatar

Maybe it was a chemistry thing with the Lakers? I've seen a few Rockets preseason games and it seems he has infinitely better chemistry with Harden and co. than he ever did in LA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    That is just a game on one of the rare nights his shots that usually brick off the back of the rim actually went in consistently.

His footwork and post moves in that video are still weak.
    no you're wrong lol. you're talking to someone who watched literally every magic game from 2010-2012 (i had League Pass).

no you're wrong lol. you're talking to someone who watched literally every magic game from 2010-2012 (i had League Pass).
    Lakers fans still think Dwight was the same player after the Lakers beat him in the Finals that year. He got better both seasons after. He was coming off back surgery last year and had a shitty attitude so what they got was the same Dwight that LA beat.

Local High School Star

It's because he's more healthy now......

Angry Re: Houston is using Dwight the way the Lakers should have

Getting it to him on his way to the basket on picknrolls. The offense flows really well doing this, but Dwight's back to the basket game is nowhere near Orlando tier. Gonna be a fun team to watch. Dwight rebounding and throwing outlet passes to Parsons and Harden is verrry entertaining. Just my 2 cents.
    Dwight was dealing with a lot of injuries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    Dwight was dealing with a lot of injuries
    Jameer is right IMO. I know he was hurt last year, but that back surgery really really set him back. He basically has to relearn. His body isn't going to be the same as it was before. Certain movements will hurt no matter what. Things like that.

Howard is moving so much better now. I really hope it's just because of health and not because he said **** it while he was in LA.

Even his defensive rotations look clean. He made an impact defensively with LA but his movement looked slow and thought through instead of quick and decisive

Quote Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
    Howard is moving so much better now. I really hope it's just because of health and not because he said **** it while he was in LA.

Even his defensive rotations look clean. He made an impact defensively with LA but his movement looked slow and thought through instead of quick and decisive
    Honestly, I think it's both. Remember, he didn't have a training camp last offseason. He didn't really even get in shape until after the allstar break. Then the back issue. Couple that with playing with Kobe and I imagine any good player would half ass it.

Dwight Howard was just scared of tha pressure in l.a plus being jealous of Kobe, and didn't like d'antoni's style, that's why.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Exlax
    Honestly, I think it's both. Remember, he didn't have a training camp last offseason. He didn't really even get in shape until after the allstar break. Then the back issue. Couple that with playing with Kobe and I imagine any good player would half ass it.
    I can see that. Kobe himself admitted he's tough to play with. During the all-star break a few years ago Kobe and Bynum bonded. That didn't happen last year with Dwight

And he did turn it up after the All-Star break. And he had the shoulder thing.

You can tell he is in a good place, the two games I seen he has smiled more while on the bench. He had TJones cracking up one time I was watching.

I got no beef with the man being happy