Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K14: Shit just got real

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    I'm having a different experience. I find all star (what ive played on for years) to be less of a challenge than it should. I put it on superstar and have some very competitive games w/o what I would consider cheesing.

The defense is so balanced this year that you can actually anticipate the offensive players moves and be rewarded for it.

For instance my fantasy team consist of D Rose/Ray Allen/Granger/Hansbrough/ Asik with my 6th man being Amare. Asik is an incredible presence defensively and we orchestrate the offense exactly how this team would in real life.

The gameplay this year is more refined than ever and the defense gives it a level of balance previously not seen in any iteration of 2k.
    I should have clarified I was listing problems in 2k13 (that were also prevalent in its predecessors). Frankly, I'm not interested in buying 2k14 for this generation of consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Not at all impressed by the game, still unrealistic as anything and just lame all around the only reason it's fun at times is due to competition when you play with your mates,but the game itself sucks.
    Some things never changed. 2K really has no reason to spend money and fix actual flaws because they know most consumers are sheep and will buy the next iteration even if the only difference was its packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Some things never changed. 2K really has no reason to spend money and fix actual flaws because they know most consumers are sheep and will buy the next iteration even if the only difference was its packaging.
    Sport games in general tend to be the same game every year.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

They need to fix the gameplay instead adding awkward moments.

True the my player mode still lacks

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

I feel like this game has regressed since 2k10. I very well could have a biased opinion considering 2k10 was my first basketball game I properly played since the snes days. I remember 2k10 even before but more so after the patches being so smooth and I felt like I had control over everything. I havn't liked the direction they have taken with the player movement and controls in iterations since.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    There's a long list of things I could name and I'm a 2k fanatic.

I mostly play Mycareer and the cpu on there is dumb as all shit.

The cpu will just hold the ball until like 4 sec in the shot clock then throw up bs.

The game has these forced animations.

Sliding and robotic movement.

The online quick match is just plain out ridiculous.

Nothing but a 3pt contest.

Defense hasn't improved at all.

Blacktop/crew has no structure or rules.

The Myteam is nothing but a pay to win mode.

Vc costs too much.

Too many blocking calls, too many fumbles, and the shooting is still inconsistent.
    son the defense has improved a lot.

-Smak

High School Varsity 6th Man

Nba 2k14 is the best basketball game I have every played. Game forces you to play legit defense and offense unless your LeBron James. It has its goofy moments but I dont see any other basketball game more complete.

Local High School Star Nero Tulip's Avatar

Defense is still terrible. The only things that improved are blocks and steals, and that's a small part of defense.

When it comes to denying the path to the basket, denying interior passes, and contesting shots (you know... real defense) it's still quite bad.

The thing is, the most fun thing about these games is getting good shots. So defense kinda has to be easy, to make people work for their baskets. If you can just pick a good player and drive, or play post ups all game long it devolves into a really stupid game.

So it's not a bad game, but 2K11 was still much better IMO.

2k14 still have flaws like the graphics looks just like 2k13, when you try to block the ball the computer makes you jump on tha player and foul them, still have a jay z song in tha soundtrack, didn't update every jersey for this year too. Meanwhile, tha good things about 2k14 are tha more realistic animations, tha defense interactions, and tha shooting form is more like real life basketball this year. Overall its ok, but im wondering how 2k14 on ps4 gonna be like.

Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Kid
    2k14 still have flaws like the graphics looks just like 2k13, when you try to block the ball the computer makes you jump on tha player and foul them, still have a jay z song in tha soundtrack, didn't update every jersey for this year too. Meanwhile, tha good things about 2k14 are tha more realistic animations, tha defense interactions, and tha shooting form is more like real life basketball this year. Overall its ok, but im wondering how 2k14 on ps4 gonna be like.
    is tha the cool new thing to say

Quote Originally Posted by tomtucker
    is tha the cool new thing to say
    20 yearz later

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    What's wrong with the gameplay? I haven't picked up 2k14 yet (waiting for my PS4) but from all accounts it seems very sound.
    it's ridiculously easy to cheese, something is wrong with the game when a player ranked like 60 can average 40/10 for a season

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    I'll have to take your word for it, but reading on OperationSports.com I got a drastically different sense about a lot of these things. The bolded (which seem to be the acutal gameplay issues) are a big concern if you're right, though the Next Gen systems are going to be using a new physics engine called "EcoMotion" evidently, built from the ground up. I'm crossing my fingers lol.
    This game on 360 is probably totally different from the Xbone so if you're getting the new gen then just wait to cop it.

I got it cause I'm not getting next gen til 6 mths to a year after they come out.

2k isn't perfect and I still enjoy it

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    son the defense has improved a lot.

-Smak
    Blocking improved. That's it on the defensive end.

-TheReal Kendall

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    Sport games in general tend to be the same game every year.
    Not saying you're wrong but, that isn't the issue. The problem is 2K having zero competition, thus having zero reason to improve anything in their game because they know people will buy the damn thing anyway.

This is why EA needs to get their shit together and make a decent basketball game. Because 2K needs to be motivated to keep their crown.