Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Marcin Gortat traded to the Wizards with Emeka Okafor heading to Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    lol Um yes he is... O_o

As a Suns fan, I can confirm that he's one of the softest centers I've ever seen...
    Tell that to the bitchwho negged me. Everything I said was true. Next time sign your name instead of gigantes (talking to the guy who negged me)
    Last edited by Jameerthefear; 10-26-2013 at 11:18 AM.

Default Re: Marcin Gortat traded to the Wizards with Emeka Okafor heading to Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    Almost everything about this is false.^^

08-09 - 63 games
    09-10 - 81 games (You mentioned this as the only season)
    10-11 - 80 games
    11-12 - 66 games (out of 66 games)

In his last 4 seasons, he has played in more than 97% of his teams games, 3 out of 4 years.
    Lmao. Does he actually think he can spew out bullshit like that and no one will call him out with the facts.

Gortat averaged 16\10\2 two years ago while being one of the better defenders in the NBA.

Last year with the lack of touches he still averaged 12\10 on good defense.

I expect him to have a much better season than last year, and help the Wizards secure a playoff spot.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

good move by the suns, kinda iffy move by the wiz.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    good move by the suns, kinda iffy move by the wiz.
    What don't you like for this by the Wizards, if I may ask? They get rid of a guy who might not even play this season and in return get a consistent double double big man who has shown that he can be durable the past few years.

I understand it's supposed to be a good draft year, and picks are important but I applaud the Wizards for making this move. Shows they're tired of the mediocrity and ready to make a playoff push.

Good move for both sides. The Suns are obviously tanking and the Wiz for a very solid physical center in Gortat. They are building the pieces around Wall so no excuse for Wall not to break out his potential this season and try to be the top 5 team in the east.

Quote Originally Posted by B-Easy8
    Does that mean Frye will start at the 5?
    Yes. They're still committed to bringing Len along slowly. In preseason they had some success pairing Gortat with Plumlee or Len, but because of the offensive shortcomings of both young guys and the fact that Okafor may miss half the season, they'll start Fry in a system that resembles what they did two seasons ago.

It should be absolutely horrible to watch, but it's a great move for the franchise going forward. It's the kind of forward thinking the old regime should have embraced when Amare left instead of trying to piece together crap with Shaq etc.

Move makes sense for both teams but I really like it for Washington.

Banned

Emeka doesn't get that any hate for being a bust.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Emeka doesn't get that any hate for being a bust.
    Probably because he's not that much of one, if at all.

First of all, look at that draft and who realistically Charlotte would have chosen. Ben Gordon, Shaun Livingston, and Devin Harris were the next 3 picks. Josh Childress following them (first non guard - not sure if that's relevant). All of them are bigger "busts" than Okafor.

Then his career hasn't been bad at all. He's a legitimate starter in this league. He did win ROY. When he's healthy, he's a high percentage scoring, double-double player, with good defense.

His career outlook might be different if he had not spent his entire career on shitty teams. His best team was that 2011 Hornets squad. Which he played well on.. 10.3/9.5/1.8 blocks .573% FG. Besides that, he has played on some really bad rosters. You would have to be Jordan good to turn those teams into contenders.

Suns and Philly.