Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Jeff Green for Omer Asik

While Green currently has some mysterious vslue to him, the Rockets may want more.

Banned

I would gladly give them Crawford if that's what it takes?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    I guess. Do you like the Asik trade though?
    I guess it's good just so that the Cs can have one of the few legit centers. The offense would be terrible but Green's presence only makes it slightly better than that. The age is the same. I think the Rockets might want a lttle more because they don't particularly need Green, he might make them a little better as a scoring threat off the bench but if they're wise I think they'll go big with Howard and Asik, presenting a factor of size almost no one else in the NBA has in the modern era. I bet they'd have an easier time with perimeter PFs that they see all the time than opposing teams that almost never deal with Twin Towers in the paint.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Rockets would ask for more in return.

Celtics don't have anything else the Rockets would want other than Rondo.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by ballup
    While Green currently has some mysterious value to him, the Rockets may want more.

Obviously you completely forgot about how good a player Jeff Green was for the Thunder. SMFH Thunder were some idiots for trading him to the Celtics For garbage ass Perkins. A team of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green woulda made the Finals almost every year. Thunder are great at drafting players, but are ****ing terrible at trades and off season moves.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Obviously you completely forgot about how good a player Jeff Green was for the Thunder. SMFH Thunder were some idiots for trading him to the Celtics For garbage ass Perkins. A team of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green woulda made the Finals almost every year. Thunder are great at drafting players, but are ****ing terrible at trades and off season moves.
    Yes because Green has set the world on fire in Boston.

Do people not realize OKC had Ibaka that Green was stealing minutes from?

Right now Perkins is doing the same thing with Steven Adams.

Move around, child

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    Yes because Green has set the world on fire in Boston.

Do people not realize OKC had Ibaka that Green was stealing minutes from?

Right now Perkins is doing the same thing with Steven Adams.

Move around, child

Which is absolutely nothing.

Honestly Serge Ibaka was a lot better coming off the bench. Hell they coulda brought Jeff Green off the bench. Still the fact remains that the Thunder were a much better team then than they are now. hell they were better then even after the Kendrick Trade that year cause they still had Harden.

Celtics don't have anything else the Rockets would want other than Rondo.
    The Celts have a few picks from other teams and a few PFs, which the Rockets would want if they dealt Asik.

decent proposal, but I still have some hope for Green. I think his ceiling is bigger than Asik's, if he can be more aggressive on the court.
    Last edited by salwan; 10-26-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    decent proposal, but I still have some hopes for Green. I think his ceiling is bigger than Asik's, if he can be more aggressive on the court.
    He's 27 so we can't expect huge change in his game. He should score in the high teens this season because there's no one else that can create a shot until Rondo returns but if he's teamed with scorers like Harden and Howard he's going to act like a 13 ppg roleplayer. It's just his nature.

Banned

And tbh, Wallace has been playing very good in the preseason, better than Green in fact.

I am your soldier!

And tbh, Wallace has been playing very good in the preseason, better than Green in fact.
    That's because Crash is a better player than Green.

Local High School Star

We all know about the Ryan Anderson for Asik trade but I don't think the Pelicans are interested. What about Jeff Green for Asik? Good trade for both teams imo.

Dwight
    Parsons
    Green
    Harden
    Beverley

Asik
    Sullinger
    Wallace
    Lee
    Bradley

I would agree to it as a Cs fan but would the Rockets?
    Rockets wouldn't.

Anderson and Green aren't remotely in the same ballpark. For a simple summary see the advanced metrics
    Anderson: career PER 18.3, Career WS/48 .162
    Green: career PER 13.2, Career WS/48 .076

Asik, given his defensive ability, has a value inbetween the two but I can't see either trade happening (at least not straight up).

Local High School Star

His numbers in OKC were worse than last year in Boston. Despite having Westbrook and Durant (and some of the time Harden) pulling defensive attention away from him, his shooting percentages were pedestrian, and by all metrics I saw he was nothing special (back up level).

Which isn't to say committing big money to Perk instead wasn't a mistake.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Green would be an insanely good 3rd/4th option to harden howard and parsons. He scored so well in the playoffs (21ppg?) because the Knicks were focused on pierce and garnett as teams would focus on harden and Howard vs Houston. If Houston wanted Bass as well I'd been fine with that, would need filler from Houston though