Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Jeff Green for Omer Asik

Asik is getting paid 5.5 mil this season. Next season (his expiring season) he gets paid 14.5 million

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    He's 27 so we can't expect huge change in his game. He should score in the high teens this season because there's no one else that can create a shot until Rondo returns but if he's teamed with scorers like Harden and Howard he's going to act like a 13 ppg roleplayer. It's just his nature.
    damn, time is flying fast

Asik is not any younger either, so I guess I would hope Jeff can start the season strongly and increase his trade value and then move him for a younger talent

Quote Originally Posted by Owl
    Rockets wouldn't.

Anderson and Green aren't remotely in the same ballpark. For a simple summary see the advanced metrics
    Anderson: career PER 18.3, Career WS/48 .162
    Green: career PER 13.2, Career WS/48 .076

Asik, given his defensive ability, has a value inbetween the two but I can't see either trade happening (at least not straight up).
    Asik has more value than Anderson. Front court players are valued way more; just look at the type of PF/C you get with 10m compared to wring players for 10m/year. You can always sign a SF to play Anderson's role on offense.

Value: Asik > Anderson >> Green

Very good NBA starter

A tanking team has no use for Asik.

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    Obviously you completely forgot about how good a player Jeff Green was for the Thunder. SMFH Thunder were some idiots for trading him to the Celtics For garbage ass Perkins. A team of Durant, Westbrook, Harden, and Green woulda made the Finals almost every year. Thunder are great at drafting players, but are ****ing terrible at trades and off season moves.
    Green wasn't a very good player for the Thunder. He played his secondary position primarily, resulting in sub par results and a stunt in his growth. He cannot defend real 4s on a regular basis and he couldn't provide a strong enough post game to make his impact on the offensive side of the floor significantly positive.

Jeff Green still has value in the potential department. That's what his trade value is dependent upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    Off-topic but I also think a Brandon Bass for Andre Miller trade would benefit both sides. We need a backup PG and why not get a veteran PG like Miller while Denver would fix the clogging at the PG position with Nate and Ty there as well.
    Denver have more then enough inept defensive bigs. Miller too a contender.

Banned

Playing with one big (Dwight) surrounded by four shooters worked for the Magic for one year, in the eastern conference.

I dont see how you realistically expect to contend on a regular basis starting Chandler Parsons at the four.

Could be wrong, but I just dont see it.
    Last edited by OldSkoolball#52; 10-26-2013 at 08:22 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Owl
    Rockets wouldn't.

Anderson and Green aren't remotely in the same ballpark. For a simple summary see the advanced metrics
    Anderson: career PER 18.3, Career WS/48 .162
    Green: career PER 13.2, Career WS/48 .076

Asik, given his defensive ability, has a value inbetween the two but I can't see either trade happening (at least not straight up).
    Which is why the Pelicans said they won't accept that trade....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolball#52
    Playing with one big (Dwight) surrounded by four shooters worked for the Magic for one year, in the eastern conference.

I dont see how you realistically expect to contend on a regular basis starting Chandler Parsons at the four.

Could be wrong, but I just dont see it.
    Parsons at the 3 last year averaged 5.3 rebounds and 0.4 blocks. Anderson averaged 6.6 rebounds and 0.4 blocks too except he was playing the 4. Parsons can be an athletic, more fluid Ryan Anderson at PF for Houston this season if they decide to play him there with Green at SF. He's 6'10" as well, taller than Z-Bo.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    A tanking team has no use for Asik.
    He'd fit perfectly with Olynyk without being good enough offensively to carry us to more wins this year. The year after, he's a $14.5m expirer, so if we didn't want to keep him (which we might, to fit with Rondo, Olynyk and a top 5 pick) we could include him with picks for a team looking to get rid of a big contract (Eric Gordon?) or, because he's a top 10 centre, we'd always be able to get good assets in return for him.

In terms of losing games - we'd have the worst spacing in the league. Olynyk would be about the only guy getting serious minutes who can hit 3s