Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default fans living outside the states...

why are you a fan of a certain team? is it because of a certain player?(eg kobe bron) or because of an event? Im just curious because I live in taiwan, and is a relatively new fan of the nba(about 3~4 years).
    I started out a Celtic fan(still is) because of a documentary I watched when I was a kid. But I've never been really attached to a team. I generally just support a decent and exciting team each year (obviously still keeping a close watch on the celtics.) This year its the warriors for me, but it just feels unsatisfactory because you never really "feel it" even if they win. And because I don't have any attachments, I dont really care about the rivalries and stuff.

So, why do you support your team?
    Interested to hear from UKballer, since not many people would choose the bobcats

Default Re: fans living outside the states...

Raptors fan, because it usually has quite some international players, also it's non american team, some lithuanian players played there and there is some connections to lithuania.

Used to be cavs fan because of big Z, became LeBron fan eventually, because of his game and him being friend of big Z, so when it comes to best teams I root for Heat. Btw still kind of like cavs and follow em, because of the past and Kyrie is probably my favorite pg.

Rockets is kind of mixed feelings, want em to succeed because D-Mo plays for them, Parsons cool dude aswell, but man I can't stand Dwight... (wasn't cheering for rockets before).

Blazers, since Sabonis days, but stopped following them after Roy's injury.

Banned

Celtics because I'm Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Raptors fan, because it usually has quite some international players, also it's non american team, some lithuanian players played there and there is some connections to lithuania.

Used to be cavs fan because of big Z, became LeBron fan eventually, because of his game and him being friend of big Z, so when it comes to best teams I root for Heat. Btw still kind of like cavs and follow em, because of the past and Kyrie is probably my favorite pg.

Rockets is kind of mixed feelings, want em to succeed because D-Mo plays for them, Parsons cool dude aswell, but man I can't stand Dwight... (wasn't cheering for rockets before).

Blazers, since Sabonis days, but stopped following them after Roy's injury.
    that's cool man
    must be awesome rooting for players that come from your country, no Taiwanese has ever played in the NBA, probably never will (I dont consider Jeremy Lin taiwanese though I do support him now and then lol). lithuania is an awesome basketball country. A lot of taiwanese are crazy about bball but we just suck in general

Saw a basketball once

I'm a kobe fan originally and love the lakers. Have visited l.a. a number of times and am absolutely in love with that city. Can't see myself supporting another team.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Seattle Supersonics cause of Kemp and Gary Payton.Plus i hated Jordan cause he always won in the 90s

I'm rooting for the celtics... mainly because of Rondo, who's my favorite player in the game. (Also loved me some KG and PP and their passion for the game.)

I used to be a Pistons fan growing up, because of Big Ben, who was my favourite player back then, and I loved their teamwork and defense.

So, I guess the main reason for rooting for a team is a certain player, followed by my love for great defensive teams.

Banned

growing up i was a huge michael ruffin fan. he is huge here in europe, especially in central and eastern europe where i live.
    i remember after his career night i got so wasted that the next morning i didn't regret losing my nokia 3410.

Quote Originally Posted by salwan
    I'm rooting for the celtics... mainly because of Rondo, who's my favorite player in the game. (Also loved me some KG and PP and their passion for the game.)

I used to be a Pistons fan growing up, because of Big Ben, who was my favourite player back then, and I loved their teamwork and defense.

So, I guess the main reason for rooting for a team is a certain player, followed by my love for great defensive teams.
    rondo

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

I chose the celtics after I played with them on NBA 2003 - but I also have Irish heritage. Since the marathon bombings I've begun noticing how much I respect the city too.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Nets fan because my uncle's a New Jersey native & that was the only real geographical tie I had to any of the teams.

Serious playground baller SHABBA's Avatar

I've been watching since the end of 09/10, I just took a year or so watching it and then picked a team based on who my favourite players were.

Lad

You could ask the same thing to people outside UK:

Why do you support Man Utd/Chelsea/Arsenal?

Dunking on everybody in the park

The Heat because they are the best, baby.

Bulls fan because I liked their badass logo in NBA Live 97 back in day. They had weird looking guy (Rodman) on their roster. It was fun.

Also later i discovered "Roster Player" is that famous Michael Jordan. That was a good surprise.

After that i watched Bulls games a lot and i loved the team. Phil Jackson was cool, Rodman was crazy, Jordan was best, Pippen was chill, Toni Kukoc was european but good player. And the intro music was awesome.

90's Bulls = Definition of cool team.

There are couple of teams i have sympathy for their player or bad records (i cheer for underdogs)