Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default How good is Jeremy Lin as a 6th man?

Despite all the shit he gets, imo Lin is still a capable and dynamic scorer.
    Now that he is more or less playing in the second unit, how do you think he will perform? He seems to play best with big man pick and roll, I suppose Mchale will let at least one of asik or howard on the floor at a time, so he should have a lot of opportunities to run the pick.

What are your predictions?

Default Re: How good is Jeremy Lin as a 6th man?

Lin is good at being a lane thief and a multi-threat scorer. People give him so much shit because he didn't live up past his hype of being a 25/5/5 man.

He had a bad season with the Rockets last year, probably should come off the bench so Houston has a constant scoring threat throughout the game.

If he is the 6th man, I predict 12/4/3 with 1.5 SPG and 2 TPG on 43% shooting.

Banned

He'd be a legit 6th Man of the Year contender. He can not only score, but can distribute and steal the ball. He's better than J.R. Smith at everything besides scoring.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    He'd be a legit 6th Man of the Year contender. He can not only score, but can distribute and steal the ball. He's better than J.R. Smith at everything besides scoring.
    dude wtf man are you supposed to send him back to japan?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    dude wtf man are you supposed to send him back to japan?
    If the Rockets don't choose to deport him back to mexico then make him a sixth man and start PatBe.

If the Rockets don't choose to deport him back to mexico then make him a sixth man and start PatBe.
    so u dig him when he is not starting over bev?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pnyozzzoo
    so u dig him when he is not starting over bev?
    korrekt

Lin went from being incredibly overrated to pretty underrated. He's an above average NBA player

korrekt
    alrite now i feels you are sorta of rocket fan, thought u were juz a troll b4.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

i like him as the rockets 6th man. of course thats without knowing what his contract is. but just looking at his production off the bench, hes probably their best guard, along with garcia, thats not starting.

Saw a basketball once MiguelSanchez's Avatar

I think he'd make a good sixth man. He's got some good tools, I think he'd do well in that role.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    He had a bad season with the Rockets last year, probably should come off the bench so Houston has a constant scoring threat throughout the game.
    That's the thing that I don't get. People say "He had a bad season as a Rocket." but he had pretty much the same statistical year he did as a Knick the year prior during all the hype.

Knicks year: 45% FG% - 32% 3P% - 80% FT% - 3.1 RPG - 6.2 APG - 3.6 TOPG - 14.6 PPG

Rockets year: 44% FG% - 34% 3P% - 79% FT% - 3.0 RPG = 6.1 APG - 2.9 TOPG - 13.4 PPG

...He got an increase in minutes, but to be fair he wasn't going to get nearly the touches he got in New York because Carmelo was out and he was leading the team. This whole time during a Rocket Harden was having a career year.

Why does he warrant a bad year? Because he did't average 20/5/5 like the ridiculous people were wanting because of the hype?

Very good NBA starter

Sixth man would be the ideal role for him. He can control the offense and will have the ball in his hands. Lin seems to have a great motor and plays better with less pressure on him.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KyleKong
    If he is the 6th man, I predict 12/4/3 with 1.5 SPG and 2 TPG on 43% shooting.
    thats terrible though.

NBA lottery pick

korrekt
    talking to yourself again RG? back to being a rockets fan?. Comeback full circle/ After yao retierd you jumped on the Thunder, Heat, Lakers, Knicks and the Bulls and with Lin in Houston you are a Rockets diehard again? looool. You are a mentally sick individual!