Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Espn QBR

Default Re: Espn QBR

Quote Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
    last year Luck threw a lot of INTs and his comp% was very low

he got a ton of praise for the Colts 4th Q victories and his passing yardage that naturally came with a ton of attempts

I think Luck's passer rating is more accurate than his QBR numbers...

this year Luck has a 91 passer rating, which also seems accurate...he is growing as a player
    Isn't that what we want from QBs though? A guy who makes plays when needed in the clutch? As a Panther fan trust me #s are great, but I'd much rather have a QB that comes up big in the biggest moments, instead of a stat monster who shrinks in the 4th.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine
    "Way too high"

Where does 2012 Luck in your opinion? I think you'll be surprised when you list the names out just how close he is to 11ish.
    in no order:

Manning
    Brady
    Brees
    Rodgers
    Romo

Griffin
    Rivers
    Rothlisberger
    Wilson
    Ryan

Flacco
    Eli
    Cutler
    Kaepernick
    Schaub

Dalton
    Bradford
    Newton
    Stafford

19 QBs - all better than Luck last year.

However, Luck has made tremendous strides this year (as I expected he would) so I would probably have him in the 7-10 range now.

Facts Are Misleading

We were an attack offense last year, lots of intermediate and deep throws. This does not correlate to easy throws or a high completion percentage. His INT Rate was 2.9 percent, to compare Brees career rate is 2.6.....Russell's was 2.5 percent last year.....Dan Marinos was 3 percent for his career.

We put the whole offense on his shoulders, with half the weapons as rookies and a line that was as bad as it got in the NFL.

This style of offense we're running now is more friendly in these regards. It's why his interceptions are down. We're asking him to do way less attacking and instead making easier throws.

If you honestly think his passer rating last year was more accurate to his level of play than you have no clue. He was not anywhere close to the 26th best quarterback. He wasn't anywhere near the level of play of Gabbert. Or Brandon Weeden. Or Ponder.

the Sho Kosugi of ISH -p.tiddy-'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Isn't that what we want from QBs though? A guy who makes plays when needed in the clutch? As a Panther fan trust me #s are great, but I'd much rather have a QB that comes up big in the biggest moments, instead of a stat monster who shrinks in the 4th.
    QB rating can be sectioned off into quarters as well...somewhere Luck's 4th Q passer rating is available for all to see...I have seen plenty of those lists being a Romo fan lol.

perhaps Luck's 4th Q rating last year is high

mathematically speaking though, all quarters are equally important...

Top 1 Bball Mind.

We were an attack offense last year, lots of intermediate and deep throws. This does not correlate to easy throws or a high completion percentage. His INT Rate was 2.9 percent, to compare Brees career rate is 2.6.....Russell's was 2.5 percent last year.....Dan Marinos was 3 percent for his career.

We put the whole offense on his shoulders, with half the weapons as rookies and a line that was as bad as it got in the NFL.

This style of offense we're running now is more friendly in these regards. It's why his interceptions are down. We're asking him to do way less attacking and instead making easier throws.

If you honestly think his passer rating last year was more accurate to his level of play than you have no clue. He was not anywhere close to the 26th best quarterback. He wasn't anywhere near the level of play of Gabbert. Or Brandon Weeden. Or Ponder.
    But it should correlate with a high Y/A, but it didn't.

Facts Are Misleading

It correlates with yards per completion, which is almost 1.5 yards lower than last year.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

It correlates with yards per completion, which is almost 1.5 yards lower than last year.
    No, it should also correlate with Yards/Attempt. But Luck only had a 7.0 last year.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Even if you want don't accept that correlation, Russell Wilson had pretty much the same y/c as luck last year and a 10% higher completion percentage.

Facts Are Misleading

More attacking, tougher throw offense = more incomplete passes.

Incomplete passes register ZERO yards per attempt. That's what brings down the yards per attempt.

When we hit plays last year, they were naturally more down the field resulting in more yards per completion. Luck was third in the league in yards per completion, this year it shows he's 17th.

Our offensive philosophy this year to last year is night and day.

Facts Are Misleading

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Even if you want don't accept that correlation, Russell Wilson had pretty much the same y/c as luck last year and a 10% higher completion percentage.

I never mentioned Russell Wilson at all except comparing their INT rate. I have no issue with anyone saying Russell was as good or better than Luck last year.

My issue is quarterback rating correlating with Lucks level of play last year.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

I never mentioned Russell Wilson at all except comparing their INT rate. I have no issue with anyone saying Russell was as good or better than Luck last year.

My issue is quarterback rating correlating with Lucks level of play last year.

You brought up Wilson first, not me. I listed 19 QBs better than Luck last year. Respond to that please. Luck was nowhere close to the 11th best QB last year.

They're OBVIOUSLY weighing rushing yards WAYTTTYYYYYYYY too much.

Way to much. Like the yards and TDS are 3 times more valuable than passing.

The breez vs Pryor sums it up. HE THREW two pics breez 5 fuccing TDS no picks and he's lower. Get the fucc outta here.
    Retarded