Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: OGT: Celtics (0-0) @ Raptors (0-0)

Outtanked by the celtics. Sucks to start the season 0-1

Quote Originally Posted by red1

We're not bad enough to throw this season away completely. For some reason I see us barely sneaking into the playoffs this time around. It's not a terrible squad.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

We suck

Nah we were OK, clearly the offense is a work in progress and we have no rebounders except Humphries whos going to be replaced by Sully next game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    We're not bad enough to throw this season away completely. For some reason I see us barely sneaking into the playoffs this time around. It's not a terrible squad.
    I think that would be one of the worst results. Seeds 6-8 pretty much mean a very quick 1st round exit. Seeds 9-11, well, we all know what that means. Finishing in any of those spots would be a completely wasted season, IMO.

The only way I'm ok with that is if Val is one of the verge of being a perennial All-Star and Ross becomes a competent starter. And this would just be the start and better results were coming in future seasons. I wouldn't bet any money on either of those things.

But they aren't even tanking.

They just made sloppy passes in the 2nd half (the offense... I don't even know what plays they run, but it was garbage) and got over confident. I actually wouldn't mind having Brad Stevens coach us.

At least Jonas got playing time for the rest of the 4th. Amir and Tyler did a great job in their limited time out there, I would expect them to get more playing time from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I think that would be one of the worst results. Seeds 6-8 pretty much mean a very quick 1st round exit. Seeds 9-11, well, we all know what that means. Finishing in any of those spots would be a completely wasted season, IMO.

The only way I'm ok with that is if Val is one of the verge of being a perennial All-Star and Ross becomes a competent starter. And this would just be the start and better results were coming in future seasons. I wouldn't bet any money on either of those things.
    I'm not saying it's ideal, I just think that's the situation we're in right now. I don't think the GM/coaches decide to tank after all the guys we added over the last 2 years. Lowry Derozan Gay and Valancuinas are too much to tank with I think.

That 3rd quarter was really ugly. We turned things around in the 4th. I was bummed by DD's performance after such an impressive pre-season.

Defense looked good, and loved Val's hustle. Fields looked good to. Still hate the contract, but perhaps he'll have a bounce back season. It certainly can't get worse.
    Last edited by Kujo; 10-30-2013 at 10:50 PM.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Unfortunately I agree.

Fire Dwane Casey

- Great game by Hansborough, Amir and Fields. These guys have to bring the energy and hustle like tonight if we want to make the playoffs.

- Although DeRozan had a pretty bad night I'm not too worried about him I know he'll step it up a notch this year.

- Offense still looks very stale. Where are the plays at??? The team is playing hot potato until someone feels like taking a shot. Only difference I see is they're trying to run more. Plays plz.

- For the most part, I think we can all agree that the defense looks more sharp this year