Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Dr. J staying classy as ever

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Disappointing to read that article. If it's true, it's true, but do you have to say it? If he really felt bad about the "media firestorm" that was created when Stevenson was revealed to be his child why would he revive and multiply that pain by announcing the circumstances of her conception to the public?
    Yes it is in poor taste but lets wait till the book is out. Doc did say he paid a terrible price and defended his daughter. As in life, context is important. If its a chapter where doc lays out in detail his "sins" and then comes clean, maybe it would end up having some moral lesson or redeeming value.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.J4ever
    Yes it is in poor taste but lets wait till the book is out. Doc did say he paid a terrible price and defended his daughter. As in life, context is important. If its a chapter where doc lays out in detail his "sins" and then comes clean, maybe it would end up having some moral lesson or redeeming value.
    What context could make that level of detail necessary? Why couldn't he just say--if he has to address the circumstance at all--"We were fooling around, didn't mean to have a child but I love my daughter as much as any of my kids" or something like that? This narrative does not require that level of salacious detail. The only reason I can think of to include it is that it's controversial and will generate interest. That's why it was advanced ahead of the rest of the book, including whatever context that would fail to justify including the story. He should not be including that story when he claims to worry about hurting his daughter's feelings. He was not forced to include that, he was not on trial or being interrogated by the police or anything like that. This new, revived controversy was completely avoidable.

Possessed by B-Ball Ancient Legend's Avatar

Not even the lowest scum like Rodman and Iverson would talk publicly about stuff like this. This is something Walder Frey would say, and he's a fictional character.

NBA Superstar

Well he's being straight up and he didn't say it in exactly those words. Its his book so it should have full disclosure stuff like that but you're putting words into his mouth. he didn't say it anywhere near as offensive as OP put it.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
    Dude. Karl Malone met that chick at a frat party. Why was a young chick like that a college party? You can't be mad at him for not checking her ID.
    I thought she was his 12 year old neighbor.