Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by CanYouDigIt
    Stacked

Great Team
    Lakers had a stacked starting lineup (not better than Nets according to me overall) but with players who couldnt complement eachother chemistry or game wise.... Nets dont have that problem and they have a better bench and a better starting lineup according to me...

As far as being great, we shall see... so far what i am seeing i am leaning towards them being great, how great? We shall see, in the playoffs....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-04-2013 at 02:46 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I get OP has a stupid agenda, i don't get the other people in here arguing it. It makes no sense at all. This Nets team, who got put together because Pierce and Garnett are old is one of the greatest and deepest of all time? Already? It's just bizarre to me...
    They didn't just add garnett and pierce.. They added Jet AK and Livingston as well.

And the team was already stacked last year. They had all star caliber talent at every position except PF. But they were horribly mismanaged. Has a team EVER won anything significant after firing their head coach and having an interim serve the majority of the season?

Now you fill that PF void with KG and round out the bench on an already loaded team.. Yup stacked. Not an all time great team, but one of the most well rounded I've ever seen top to bottom. It's like when Detroit finally added the missing piece to the puzzle in sheed. Now they have damn near all star caliber talent 1-5. Stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller

...am no Heat fan unfortunately, nice try though, good effort, thumbs up!

Pauk the most stacked team was the heat in 2011 when all of them were healthy. They almost won too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Pauk the most stacked team was the heat in 2011 when all of them were healthy. They almost won too.
    Hm... Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... and.... and..... James Jones? Chalmers? Joel Anthony perhaps?

Do you know what stacked means? A team consisting of like 3 all-stars is not more stacked than a team consisting of many more all-stars....
    Last edited by pauk; 11-04-2013 at 04:00 PM.

Anytime you need to qualify the argument to fit what you say it's kind of stupid. The Nets are the most stacked team of all time, because we are assuming if they stay 100% healthy, some guys get better, only top 10 players, name value really counts for a lot, on and on and on and on.

Maybe the answer is just no and the argument is stupid...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Hm... Lebron, Wade, Bosh.... and.... and..... James Jones? Chalmers? Joel Anthony perhaps?

Do you know what stacked means? A team consisting of like 3 all-stars is not more stacked than a team consisting of many more all-stars....
    That was the best the big 3 ever was/will be (super motivated with no injuries).

Not stacked, but definitely the best big 3 a team has had in the last 15 years.

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    That was the best the big 3 ever was/will be (super motivated with no injuries).

Not stacked, but definitely the best big 3 a team has had in the last 15 years.
    Last 15 years goes back to '98 which makes that debatable. '98 Bulls vs. 201x Heat? That's Pippen Rodman & Jordan right there. 2000 or 2001 Lakers? I think the Lakers would win that matchup even though they didn't have a big three, per see. Paint is the Heat's weakness and they would have no answer at all for the Big Load.

That best big 3 ever, might be Kareem/ Magic/Worthy. I fear the Heat big 3 cannot match those guys. No. Now a few years earlier Wade.... different story, but again Heat weakness in the key gets exposed. Kareem is unmatched and unmatchable. Some of those '80s Celtics would also have a thing or two to say about it.
    Not saying it would be a blowout though.

Older squads, '66-'68 Sixers, or '60s Celtics, or 1970-73 Knicks were more all-round greatness at every position (and coaching too), not just a big 3. In those days of no free agency and very very few trades.... those really were some stacked teams.

Those Knicks teams were just unbelievably great. HoF Dollar Bill Bradley & HoF Clyde Frazier, HoF Earl Monroe, HoF Willis Reed, HoF Jerry Lucas, HoF Dave DeBusschere, Dean Memminger, shoot keep right on going down the bench with Henry Bibby, Phil Jackson, Dick Barnett.... that is stacked beyond stacked. That's epic level of stacking.
    You know who reminds me in a lot of ways of Phil Jackson on the court? Birdman.

...... So... OP, maybe most stacked in your lifetime but not ours.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by La Frescobaldi
    Last 15 years goes back to '98 which makes that debatable. '98 Bulls vs. 201x Heat? That's Pippen Rodman & Jordan right there. 2000 or 2001 Lakers? I think the Lakers would win that matchup even though they didn't have a big three, per see. Paint is the Heat's weakness and they would have no answer at all for the Big Load.

That best big 3 ever, might be Kareem/ Magic/Worthy. I fear the Heat big 3 cannot match those guys. No. Now a few years earlier Wade.... different story, but again Heat weakness in the key gets exposed. Kareem is unmatched and unmatchable. Some of those '80s Celtics would also have a thing or two to say about it.
    Not saying it would be a blowout though.

Older squads, '66-'68 Sixers, or '60s Celtics, or 1970-73 Knicks were more all-round greatness at every position (and coaching too), not just a big 3. In those days of no free agency and very very few trades.... those really were some stacked teams.

Those Knicks teams were just unbelievably great. HoF Dollar Bill Bradley & HoF Clyde Frazier, HoF Earl Monroe, HoF Willis Reed, HoF Jerry Lucas, HoF Dave DeBusschere, Dean Memminger, shoot keep right on going down the bench with Henry Bibby, Phil Jackson, Dick Barnett.... that is stacked beyond stacked. That's epic level of stacking.
    You know who reminds me in a lot of ways of Phil Jackson on the court? Birdman.

...... So... OP, maybe most stacked in your lifetime but not ours.
    That's why I say the last 15 years, 14 if you want to count a 98 Bulls team almost out of fuel vs the Heat guys.

I also agree that even though the Lakers don't have that 3rd superstar they would defeat the Heat.

Hmmm....

Decent college freshman

pauk, the jinxmaster

last years knicks team was pretty stacked... oh well

kidd
    jr
    melo
    rasheed
    k-mart
    stat
    chandler

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Pauk trolling ISH straight from his shack in Sarajevo

Do the Nets have the most stacked roster of big names? Sure, they probably do. Not of actual players though. Some people are basing the "stacked" concept on what many of the players used to be, not what they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    They are so impressive from top the bottom you dont even know who the best player is out of their starting 5.....

They are easily the most talented from top the bottom.... Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett accompanied with Brook Lopez who is a legit C playing like the best Center in the league..... oh forgot Paul Pierce... All these guys are currently All-stars with like i think around 40 all-star selections between them, its like watching an All-star game east/west team....

Next thing you know they go to rest..... and a 6'7" Point-Guard comes in, DPOY level defender Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson comes in, Jason Terry comes in playing better than ever and Blatche who also looks very improved especially with his ballhandling at that size....

Watchout league....