Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Default Re: Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I had a dominant performance this morning eating pancakes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    They are stacked but definitely not all-time level stacked. They don't even have a top 10 player in the league, maybe not even top 15.
    This is such an arbitrary way of downplaying a team. Indiana last year didn't have a top ten player.. Spurs arguably didn't have a top ten player.. And they took a team with two top ten players to the brink of elimination.

After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any better. So outside of those top three it doesn't matter. And two of them have significantly worse supporting casts than what dwill has as it stands now.

There aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. JJ is one of the best third options in the whole league and he might be considered a fourth option right now anyways. The team is stacked.. They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.
    Damn, that's spot on.

No matter how much the nets improve they always get hate from ish! Keep it coming!

Go Spurs Go

After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any betterThere aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. .
    i completely disagree. deron williams isnt even a top 25 player anymore. id take rondo, parker, kyrie, rose, paul, wade, harden etc... so many players over deron...

and only dwight and marc are a upgrade over brook?... duncan?...dirk?.. pau?... hibbert?..zach randolph.... brook hasnt proved shit in this league..

these nets are stacked but theyre not all time stacked.. if this was 3 years ago id agree but as it stands youre very wrong

Local High School Star Vienceslav's Avatar

People actually agreeing with OP.

Local High School Star The JKidd Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzle-2k7
    i completely disagree. deron williams isnt even a top 25 player anymore. id take rondo, parker, kyrie, rose, paul, wade, harden etc... so many players over deron...

and only dwight and marc are a upgrade over brook?... duncan?...dirk?.. pau?... hibbert?..zach randolph.... brook hasnt proved shit in this league..

these nets are stacked but theyre not all time stacked.. if this was 3 years ago id agree but as it stands youre very wrong
    No way. DWill> Rondo, Parker, He's better than Kyrie at literally every part of the game and for this team he's a better fit than Rose, Harden and Wade.

I understand that you're a hater but let's be realistic.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Cmon dude.. dwill is still a top tier PG. He just put up a ~20/8 RS/playoffs. Wade definitely hasnt proven durable or healthy enough to be clearly past him currently. Kyrie didnt put up a better statline.. Rose looks like shit right now. rondo put up 14/11 last year. Hes right there with dwill because of defense and rebounding though. Hardens really the only debateable one and his game fell off when FTs didnt go his way in the playoffs.

None of those guys are clear cut better than dwill.. stats wise.. eye test, whatever you want to use. Dwill at his peak on Utah put up 19/10. He puts up 19/8 now. Real huge difference.

And Duncan, Dirk, and randolph arent centers. Hibbert is the only center you listed and it is completely debateable that he would do better as a C on this Nets team than Brook has and will. If you want to act like hibbert is on a different plane than Lopez youre not going to have many people backing you.

A 12/8 player is no question above a 19/7 player... right.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

The most stacked team of our lifetime just fell to 1-2 despite a dominant 16 point performance from Paul Pierce.

Deron Williams needs to step up

Local High School Star

You'd be wrong. Deron is a quiet kind of good. The second half of last year he was the best PG in the league.

Having said that, his consistency definitely needs work.

I usually hit open layups

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    I see what you are doing here, some early damage control.

But if you considered these players in their primes, probably. But not right now.
    Exactly. Part of their core is old as hell, and I don't see them doing much noise in the Playoffs to be honest. No way do they have the energy to go all they way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
    No matter how much the nets improve they always get hate from ish! Keep it coming!
    So you think the Nets are an all time stacked team? Because that's what people are disagreeing with. That the Nets are one of the most stacked teams in the history of the NBA.

Disputing that is not hating, it's logical.

3-time NBA All-Star

This is such an arbitrary way of downplaying a team. Indiana last year didn't have a top ten player.. Spurs arguably didn't have a top ten player.. And they took a team with two top ten players to the brink of elimination.

After LeBron, Durant, and Chris Paul there's nobody in the entire league you can put in place of Deron Williams that would make the team any better. So outside of those top three it doesn't matter. And two of them have significantly worse supporting casts than what dwill has as it stands now.

There aren't any centers outside of Dwight and maybe Marc Gasol that are a significant upgrade over Brook Lopez. JJ is one of the best third options in the whole league and he might be considered a fourth option right now anyways. The team is stacked.. They're the Celtics who took the heat to 7 in 2012 with twice the offensive firepower. Funny that team didn't have a top ten player on it either.
    Huh? Well, first of all, I wouldn't call the Pacers or Spurs of last year stacked. Second, I'm not saying the Nets aren't stacked. They clearly are. But I wouldn't say they are so much more stacked then all the stacked teams there have been throughout history. I definitely wouldn't question if they are "the most stacked team of our lifetime."

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    They are so impressive from top the bottom you dont even know who the best player is out of their starting 5.....

They are easily the most talented from top the bottom.... Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Kevin Garnett accompanied with Brook Lopez who is a legit C playing like the best Center in the league..... oh forgot Paul Pierce... All these guys are currently All-stars with like i think around 40 all-star selections between them, its like watching an All-star game east/west team....

Next thing you know they go to rest..... and a 6'7" Point-Guard comes in, DPOY level defender Kirilenko comes in, Euro MVP Anderson comes in, Jason Terry comes in playing better than ever and Blatche who also looks very improved especially with his ballhandling at that size....

Watchout league....
    ...and yet they are still going to lose.