Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Default Re: Nets... probably the most stacked team of our lifetime?

so whats the difference between 'stacked' and just a great team?

is stacked just lots of talented players?

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    so whats the difference between 'stacked' and just a great team?

is stacked just lots of talented players?
    Yes, usually that team is also great....

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Yes, usually that team is also great....
    so if someone thinks that the nets are the most stacked team of our lifetime, does that mean that person thinks that they are the greatest team of our lifetime?

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    This is embarrassing, even for you.

Perfect way to sum up what I was thinking. Glad I didn't have to wade through all 9 pages to find it.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

so if someone thinks that the nets are the most stacked team of our lifetime, does that mean that person thinks that they are the greatest team of our lifetime?
    No, there are better teams than the nets. the rockets are better but have deficiencies in their starting lineup and in their bench. therefore, they are not stacked despite being better than the nets. the nets are stacked because if you go down the list 1-10, you'll see stars, and very serviceable players.

the 72-10 bulls weren't stacked at every position like the nets. they had deficiencies as well. they just had 3-4 really good players and 1 of them was MJ.

I'm not sure if it's just people lack historical perpsective but there have been teams with more stars, and younger and closer to their prime than this Nets team. The fact players like Kirlienko even, Evans, Livingston, freaking chucker Anderson are being regarded as A-List stars on the bench is bizarre.

The Nets are a very good team, arguably a title contender but absolutely NOTHING about them is historically amazing. Sorry,

Banned

Stacked

Great Team

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I'm not sure if it's just people lack historical perpsective but there have been teams with more stars, and younger and closer to their prime than this Nets team. The fact players like Kirlienko even, Evans, Livingston, freaking chucker Anderson are being regarded as A-List stars on the bench is bizarre.

The Nets are a very good team, arguably a title contender but absolutely NOTHING about them is historically amazing. Sorry,
    We all know, but good luck telling Pauk, he's afraid of the nets stealing the Kings crown so he's gonna be on a mission to hype the sh*t out of them all season.

The ISH'ers Champion!

Last edited by PickernRoller; 11-04-2013 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    We all know, but good luck telling Pauk, he's afraid of the nets stealing the Kings crown so he's gonna be on a mission to hype the sh*t out of them all season.
    I get OP has a stupid agenda, i don't get the other people in here arguing it. It makes no sense at all. This Nets team, who got put together because Pierce and Garnett are old is one of the greatest and deepest of all time? Already? It's just bizarre to me...

I get OP has a stupid agenda, i don't get the other people in here arguing it. It makes no sense at all. This Nets team, who got put together because Pierce and Garnett are old is one of the greatest and deepest of all time? Already? It's just bizarre to me...
    Hmmm I didn't know people were agreeing with him as I didn't really go through every page of the thread yet but someone once pointed out that Pauk has about 4 alts so at least some of the 'support' for this thread could be coming straight from these alleged alts

No.

The Nets look really really good on paper to me. It's too early to determine if they're "stacked" or not. I'm one of the few that don't believe in them though. I can't figure out why I think that.

Let me hear what that stupid agenda could be oh thee wise Niko....?

This is nothing but a compliment and the fact that some might agree or argue/debate the topic is because Nets are indeed perhaps from top to bottom the most talented we have been able to see live, unless you are 80 and been able to see 60s Celtics or something...

...and that "old" excuse doesnt work here to try and downgrade them, Pierce/KG are not playing in a scrub team where they have to be a one man army... yes they cant do that anymore as they could once, but they dont have to in this team, even if they could, they can still do it within limit and thats exactly what they can get away with on this team due to the deep rotation of talent....

This will be a very scary team if they can mesh things together, they have it all from top to bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by PickernRoller