Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Is Rick Adelman transforming this years T-wolves into the Kings of the early 2000s?

7-4. .... scoring 108.5 points a game

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Default Re: Is Rick Adelman transforming this years T-wolves into the Kings of the early 2000s?

Pretty obvious that they're winning because they finally brought Robbie Hummel over. Dude's a champion.

Seriously, I haven't been happier to watch a dude get minutes in a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Pretty obvious that they're winning because they finally brought Robbie Hummel over. Dude's a champion.

Seriously, I haven't been happier to watch a dude get minutes in a long, long time.
    He seems to be one of the few guys Adelman trust off his bench along with JJ and Dante. Hes a very smart player from the little Ive seen from him, which is why he gets minutes over D-will. D-will just isn't smart enough to play in Adelman's system imho

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    He seems to be one of the few guys Adelman trust off his bench along with JJ and Dante. Hes a very smart player from the little Ive seen from him, which is why he gets minutes over D-will. D-will just isn't smart enough to play in Adelman's system imho
    exactly right. Williams has a lot of ability but doesn't fit. When he plays, the offense gets worse and worse until it just falls into confusion. Teammates running into each other, spacing all wrong, he gets the ball and just goes solo.

He's trade material for that reason alone. I was hopeful that the Wolves coaching staff could bring him along but to me he's a better fit somewhere else and wish him well... there.

Decent college freshman

This team really does remind me of those teams. There are obviously some differences, but they have a good leader at the point, a dominant PF with a combination of big man and little man talents, a very good offensive oriented C, a very efficient outside shooter on the wing(Martin/Peja) and a defensive oriented player at the other wing spot(Brewer/Christie). Barea is not quite Bobby Jackson, but they do have similarities. The Wolves could use one more interesting bench threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    This team really does remind me of those teams. There are obviously some differences, but they have a good leader at the point, a dominant PF with a combination of big man and little man talents, a very good offensive oriented C, a very efficient outside shooter on the wing(Martin/Peja) and a defensive oriented player at the other wing spot(Brewer/Christie). Barea is not quite Bobby Jackson, but they do have similarities. The Wolves could use one more interesting bench threat.
    I hoped it would be Alexey Shved. Dude can flame when his shot is dropping, but he seems to have the same trouble Derrick has. Shved might be a good fit for the Warriors but it seems like he's kinda lost interest maybe due to reduced minutes, or not starting or whatever. Real strong offense when he's on tho. If Wolves had somebody like Jamal or even Crash coming off the bench for 10 minutes?

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Kevin Love are playing better than ever. Rubio is a magician and with Kevin martin and Brewer don't even need to score to have a impact in the game. Barea seems to controlling much better their crazy style of play. He is making much less mistakes this year. Cunningham is the ultimate role player.

I really love this team, a joy to watch. If they stay healthy will reach playoff for sure.

Derrick Williams and Shved should get more minutes. Too short rotation in my opinion.
    Last edited by TaLvsCuaL; 11-17-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    Well remember they get Chase and Turriaf back in a couple weeks, so with the addition of Hummel it might give them what they really need. ...consistancey
    Last edited by Purch; 11-17-2013 at 01:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Purch
    Well remember they get Chase and Turriaf back in a couple weeks, so with the addition of Hummel it might give them what they really need. ...consistancey
    a couple of weeks???? I thought Budinger was jacked up for a while & Turiaf has broken elbow which would mean months? man this is good news

Im not sure about Ronnie. Bud on the other hand is back running on treadmills, and shooting the ball. So people seem to be predicting somewhere mid December

I'd love too see a playoff matchup between them and the clippets. Great teams... Great matchups... two elite coaches