Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: James Harden is the Biggest Manufactured "Superstar" Player in the League

He was a superstar in OKC. He played great without howard. Now that howard is a rocket, he s gonna get contaminated by the cancer just like they all do.

Banned

Default Re: James Harden is the Biggest Manufactured "Superstar" Player in the League

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Yep. Durant who just shot 50/40/90 last year

dumbass n!gger

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    I still don't get why people bash Harden for having an incredibly effective ability to draw fouls/FTs. It's a viable offensive strategy and far more likely to be sustainable than shooting perimeter jumpers. You don't go cold from the FT line. It's not like Harden is useless as a shooter and playmaker either. It's not visually appealing but it's damn effective. Harden being able to get to the FT line a lot is a good thing.

It's a stupid thing to point out as a negative. If you're really antsy to rip into Harden, go after the piss poor defensive effort shown so far this year.

Spoken truly by someone who did not watch the game.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut

Spoken truly by someone who did not watch the game.
    I'm speaking in general. It's idiotic to bash someone for being extremely good at getting to the line just because it's not an exciting style of play.

NBA rookie of the year

I'm speaking in general. It's idiotic to bash someone for being extremely good at getting to the line just because it's not an exciting style of play.
    I'm speaking about tonight's game. It's idiotic to support Harden's ability to get to the line without watching the game and seeing how he gets there. He doesn't earn most of his free throws. All you have to do is breathe on him when he drives and he's going to the line.

Disgusting to watch...

How about his blatant foul on Meeks at the end, just whacks his arm Out off meeks no call

Even with the crazy ft disparity, Lakers are victorious.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Tonight he went to the line 16 times, the Lakers had a total of 15 FTs. That means Harden shot more FTs than the entire Lakers team.
    Thank you for that sentence. I had not pieced that together from the previous one.

I still don't get why people bash Harden for having an incredibly effective ability to draw fouls/FTs. It's a viable offensive strategy and far more likely to be sustainable than shooting perimeter jumpers. You don't go cold from the FT line.

In the playoffs the refs usually stop calling so many BS ticky-tack fouls. You saw it last year in the playoffs, and in the Finals the year before that.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

It's a shame that one of the best shooting guard doesn't have much skill. He can't post, can't cross over can't catch and shoot and doesn't have a good shooting form. The art of basket ball is lost. All the best guys nowadays are not very skill. Even Le Bron is limited. Big men are worst. We saw how the best big did today. Feel bad for basketball game in the future.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Thank you for that sentence. I had not pieced that together from the previous one.
    As Kobe would say, you're welcome.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    oh no u didnt

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Yep. Durant who just shot 50/40/90 last year

dumbass n!gger
    Reported.

I have no empathy for laker fans when they whine about free throws.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    He's right tho. Look at Durants shot chart, it's god tier. Even if you h8 the dude you have to admit he's a scoring machine from anywhere on the floor.

All Har_en does is jack up 3s and run into people on offense. No defense, no hustle, no leadership. He was good in a Ginobli role but shit as a #1 if you wanna contend. If he's not getting calls he's worthless. Look at the Finals.

Yet OKC will still continue to get ripped for not paying this niqqa the max. lmaoo
    it's not that Durant isn't the best scorer in the league, which he more than likely is..

it's that the free throws are often unwarranted and other superstars don't receive the same calls (lebron/melo). the free throws also tend to inflate shooting percentages and especially scoring metrics that incorporate free throws into overall efficiency

Operat.Northwoods=9/11 Horde of Temujin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by airchibundo507
    it's not that Durant isn't the best scorer in the league, which he more than likely is..

it's that the free throws are often unwarranted and other superstars don't receive the same calls (lebron/melo). the free throws also tend to inflate shooting percentages and especially scoring metrics that incorporate free throws into overall efficiency
    After the 2012 ECF Lebron should never be mentioned for not receiving calls.

The NBA is very flawed and the questionable officiating has hit many teams but Lebron overall has been on the beneficiary side.