Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast

Default Re: Basketball Diary

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Hi all,

Thought i would revive my old thread, seeing Rakes gifs have inspired me to put up some of my own, so finally after some trial and error i have a couple.

All from the same game, it was a season or so ago, and i have since started altering my jumpshot as it was not to good before.

Take it for what you will, but basically we were against a great rebounding team, and we were down double digits, i then went on to hit 3 back to back 2 pointers.

While we still lost the game, i at least pulled us with in 2 pts down the stretch with my play and a chance to win it.

Here are my key buckets:

Awful shot selection

You made it, so its all right

We played 3 on 3. We won the score 21-14.

Saw a basketball once

Sunday played pickup against a team from Sacramento, had 2 awful guys on my team and two pretty decent people(one was a lanky guy that could drive alright and the other a chubbier dude who hit 2 back to back 3's). We kept the score close the whole game but due to turnovers from my team not knowing how to dribble up court or getting the rebound and trying to sprint to the basket we ended up losing 15-17(game was up to 12 win by 2)

I finished with 7 points and a bucketload of rebounds.

National High School Star

Played some old dudes last night and lost by 4. I'm so salty.
    We shouldn't have lost to those fvcks, and it pisses me off. I went of on my team, and now feel sorta guilty.
    I played great, but didn't get a shot. I'm a PG, i bring the ball up and never got it back, that is why we lost, not that i didn't get it back, but there was 0 passes, and when there was, it was a turnover.
    I finished the game with 0 pts, 0/0 fg, 0 TO, 5 rbds, 1 stl, 3pf & got a charge on a fast break all in about 15 minutes of play.
    We also had 9 players which was ridiculous. Just so mad.

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Played some old dudes last night and lost by 4. I'm so salty.
    We shouldn't have lost to those fvcks, and it pisses me off. I went of on my team, and now feel sorta guilty.
    I played great, but didn't get a shot. I'm a PG, i bring the ball up and never got it back, that is why we lost, not that i didn't get it back, but there was 0 passes, and when there was, it was a turnover.
    I finished the game with 0 pts, 0/0 fg, 0 TO, 5 rbds, 1 stl, 3pf & got a charge on a fast break all in about 15 minutes of play.
    We also had 9 players which was ridiculous. Just so mad.

Rant over.
    What state do you ball in ?

Quote Originally Posted by LiLharvard
    What state do you ball in ?
    SA, you?

BEAST

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Filled in for my older brother's rec league team in metro Detroit last night. He actually only had two players, so I brought my two younger brothers as well (18 and 16 years old). Trotting out four brothers in the starting lineup felt kind of legit.

At one point, while still trying to get a grasp on my opponent and their capabilities, I broke out on a fast break. One guy was back waiting for me. I thought he was going to try to make a play or take a charge, because he was already back and in position. So I planned an elusive maneuver. The only thing I wasn't planning for was for him to just stand there and do nothing. It broke my brain and led to an awful offensive moment.

Behold...

The Double-Euro Step

Best of all, a travel was not called (seriously)
    lol that is a nice ass move , even better you got away with a no call

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Played 2 games in the past 3 nights. Have been 1/7 but had some very nice defensive plays and some sweet passes and a good share of turnovers. A lot of my 3s rimmed out

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    Pretty decent

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz

2nd gif really impressed me. Nice handles

NBA Superstar

Filled in for my brother tonight in his rec league. I think I scored 30, so that was good. Turns out rec league defense isn't always... well... existent. From what I've heard, we're supposed to play Lindsey Hunter's team next week, so even if I inevitably get locked down in that game, I could still walk out of there with a 15 points per game average for my little fill-in stint. I can live with that.

In other news, I'm still trying to figure out whether I'm done dunking in games or not. My very first attack of the night, when I was still nervous about playing in a new setting with teammates I didn't know, I had a clear lane, elevated, and probably had an opportunity to dunk, but turned my hand over and opted for the drop-in because I wasn't sure of myself. Then I somehow managed to bounce the ball off the back rim and out. Need to get some confidence back in regards to elevating.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    2nd gif really impressed me. Nice handles
    Thanks

Extra large hands (can grip the ball) and years of a childhood spent dribbling a ball make hoops second nature to me. Just wish I had the size/genetics to go with skill.

why I even like Rondo CeltsGarlic's Avatar

61-64 with 40 secs to go in the 4th... Soo clock is ticking, I get the ball with 35 secs to go, to work on perimeter but just jack up a long long 3 and it goes in. #NoHesitation
    I walk with my one hand and one finger up as opp coach is screaming on those 18 y.o were playing against.. Next possetion and they look lost, we get the stop,team mates quickly go into fast break to finish the game but some of us notice that there is 10 secs on the clock remaining, so we stop, couple passes, I get the ball with 5 secs remaining, make a drive and they foul me.
    Hit both FT to win the game111

best night ever